• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

need help with needle pressure

angel9999

Greenlighter
i have searched everywhere and have not found 1 answer to this question-haven't seen anyone ask it either....What can you do about a needle that bounces right back when you pull back?I get where i need to be,pull back and poof....it goes right back to where it was pumping my veins with air. its like there is to much pressure.

I would need more background to your needle use: how long you've been using a needle, how long are the tips, how good your veins are...because a lot of that helps to figure that problem out...

using them for just over 2 years and allof a sudden i keep getting these boxes of 100 at walmart and they are messed up...i think? as i stated when i pull back to register the plunger slides right back to where it was at the top of the liquid-so it will not leave space between the mixture and the space i pull back to register blood. Its technically pumping air into my vein-well if i even knew if i was in a vein. Cant tell cause the plunger repeatedly pops or immediately slides back down to where it was. Now if i hold plunger back i can make it fill up but then i can't push down with out moving a bit and shaking right out of my spot. i need 3 hands....i was hoping to get some advice here...if not i guess i can call a hotline or something? it just started a month or 2 ago. 1cc-30g-sometimes 8mm sometimes 12 depending on my rotation....

Last edited:
No its not like that.....I resolved it. what I have to do is leave a little air in it after i load it up, then make sure aiy bubbble is at top end not the botttom. doing that is the only way i could resolve the situation.
It wasnt a clog. it was a preasure isue or something...heres what happened
when i am ready to hit, i go to pull back to registger, the plunger will NOT stay put. As soon as I let go it slides down to where it was prior to my slight pull back. Making it impossib;e to complets the task at hand I dont wannna guess if im in and i need 3 hands to work this1 to hold, 1 to pull back, and 1 to hold plunger back to see if i register, then i need a hand to push down.......
Anyway, i figured out how to fix it a little. only tghimg is you cant push all the way down and miss a little of your gooods. Not like you can reuse whats left either cause its blood at the end. not like most would have a problem doin a bloody dose...just a pain in ass, and dangerous.
gotta say, in the last few months with this happening 75% of time, my veins have taken a beating. BIG TIME..

using them for just over 2 years and allof a sudden i keep getting these boxes of 100 at walmart and they are messed up...i think? as i stated when i pull back to register the plunger slides right back to where it was at the top of the liquid-so it will not leave space between the mixture and the space i pull back to register blood. Its technically pumping air into my vein-well if i even knew if i was in a vein. Cant tell cause the plunger repeatedly pops or immediately slides back down to where it was. Now if i hold plunger back i can make it fill up but then i can't push down with out moving a bit and shaking right out of my spot. i need 3 hands....i was hoping to get some advice here...if not i guess i can call a hotline or something? it just started a month or 2 ago. 1cc-30g-sometimes 8mm sometimes 12 depending on my rotation....

I would take a break from IVing.

Well I wouldn't, because I would be a total hypocrite saying that. ;) It's what I advise people do in case their veins are receding or rolling, shrinking... etc.

However, sometimes needles do fuck up. If this is the case, and this thing is happening to all of them, I would buy a different brand. A lot of people tend to be happy with one of two brands, BD or Terumo. BD is what I use, although I also use needles and syringes for Terumo (not their insulin syringes as of yet though, just their luer locks).

No its not like that.....I resolved it. what I have to do is leave a little air in it after i load it up, then make sure aiy bubbble is at top end not the botttom. doing that is the only way i could resolve the situation.
It wasnt a clog. it was a preasure isue or something...heres what happened
when i am ready to hit, i go to pull back to registger, the plunger will NOT stay put. As soon as I let go it slides down to where it was prior to my slight pull back. Making it impossib;e to complets the task at hand I dont wannna guess if im in and i need 3 hands to work this1 to hold, 1 to pull back, and 1 to hold plunger back to see if i register, then i need a hand to push down.......
Anyway, i figured out how to fix it a little. only tghimg is you cant push all the way down and miss a little of your gooods. Not like you can reuse whats left either cause its blood at the end. not like most would have a problem doin a bloody dose...just a pain in ass, and dangerous.
gotta say, in the last few months with this happening 75% of time, my veins have taken a beating. BIG TIME..

Ohhh I know what you mean..... the fact that it's like the plunger is so slippery, it doesn't hold the air itself.

Other plungers that are more sticky, will not need to be "held in place" while puncturing, in order to check when you are going to be in.

Otherwise, you will have to "guesstimate" when you have punctured the veins (the better your veins are the easier it is to literally see when you are in by looking carefully) and then pull the plunger back, hoping to see blood. If not, then you will have to do the same thing again.

I can personally pull and hold the plunger back while IVing, it's not easy though. It IS easier, a lot easier, if you have the 3/10CC or 1/2CC volume syringes. 1CC is too big to do this easily with, but it isn't impossible to do it with a 1CC either.

The bigger your hands are, the easier it is to work around a super slippery plunger.

One time I had a plunger so slippery, that I literally had to be careful as to not pull the plunger back as I was going in - I typically have two fingers close to the plunger, even tapping it lightly, bumping into it at all with my finger, would send it back a good 2 to 4 units.

Your solution is just as good though, leave a unit or two of air in. That is safe. An air embolism needs ~ 100 to 200 units of air at the minimum to cause an air embolism. Therefore, injecting 2 to 5 units of air with one shot is OK and your body can take care of this on its own.

Just in case people are confusing units for a different volume...
2 units = 0.02 mL
100 units = 1 mL
1 CC = 1 mL

Last edited:
if u pull back and hold and it flags but u cant administer its cause the tip or neck is clogged you can get liquid to go in but not back out sometimes you should be able to tell because it will flag slower than usual

you also need to hold the plunger back for a sec to let the blood in. the bigger the gage the faster it flaggs. youll get to the point when you can comfortably do it with 2 hands and not b guessing if your in or not

I used to work at an exchange and this sounds a lot like something that happened with a lot of folks once. Here alomst everyone uses BDs, but one time at the exchange we were having supply issues and had to order a bunch of Terumos and lots of people reported what oyu are talking about. It seems like it is related to the Terumos being lubed differently and also the barrel is oddly pressurized. To work around that people reported plunging back and forth (empty) a bunch of times to get rid of some of what acted like a vacuum seal and also wipe off some of the lube from the plunger. (My needle exchange self can't help but encourage to do so with a clean medium) I'd be really curious to know what your brand was? No bashing Terumos, there's lots of love for them, too- they're just different than BDs.

I've been using ReliOn insulins recently, and have had similar experiences. I think it's just a factor of the small size of the rig and nature of the shape of the chamber - if you're trying to see whether you hit the vein or not, that usually means you aren't fully in there if it creates a vacuum when you pull the plunger back. However, when pulling up my solution, say, I just have to be patient as I can create a vacuum in the chamber faster than it can pull up fluid through the small needle. Are you sure your problem it isn't this simple?

On a sidenote, I'm switching away from unsulin needles asap, mostly because I don't like the needle permanently fixed to my syringe, but also for issues like this one.

Terumo makes a 1cc self flaggging syringe only before you use them make sure you push the tip on tighter as they are removable. As for why it is doing this, when you draw back you create a vaccuum and if you are in a small vein or collapse vein you may be sucking on the vein wall, knda like putting your hand on the end of your vaccuum at home. I rotate the syringe a little and ussually bingo i get a huge flag.