• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Were you attracted to RCs because of their legality?

n3o

Bluelighter
I was attracted to RCs because you could buy them online with a credit card. Except for one friend who smokes pot, I don't know anyone who has access to things like MDMA or LSD, or any other illegal drugs. I'm not about to approach someone I don't know and ask them "for the good shit" or do anything really sketchy like that. Plus, who knows what's in an E pill you get off the street. It could be aspirin or caffeine or some other rubbish. At least I can charge back my credit card with the online stores.

I guess it's a matter of networking - knowing people with these things, but I don't know anyone like that in my group of friends.

So my question is - were you attracted to RCs because you could buy them online, or did you just want to expand your drug choices?

I think that I was not attracted to them because I could buy them online. It takes away the thrill of buying IMO.

Just wanted to throw in a different POV for your question.

No. I am attracted to them because they offer an interestingly different state of counsciousness.

Yeah, I looked up how to get high legally when I was about 17, since the only thing I could get otherwise was shitty weed & amphet. I ended up getting some spice gold, some LSA seeds & piperzine pills & a few other bits.

Most of the RCs I really wanted to try (the 2cs, the 4- trypts) have been illegal here since the 70's. :( So it was a while til I got anything I really liked.

online or legal had nothing to do with it. knowing there were new flavors of psychedelia out there to be had was what attracted me.

i just think RCs are bad, its like settling for something thats fake because its easier gratification, and the universe doesnt respond well to that.

No. I am attracted to them because they offer an interestingly different state of counsciousness.

Then again, the only RC's I've used have been psychedelics. Never got into the designer speed/bk-MDMA/mephedrone shit

They're not legal in australia..

But even if they were, no, that doesn't have any bearing on my interest in them..

So my question is - were you attracted to RCs because you could buy them online, or did you just want to expand your drug choices?

Both of those reasons. But I was getting them way back before RC's became so popular with the masses. Now, I wouldn't trust any of the online vendors.

Both of those reasons. But I was getting them way back before RC's became so popular with the masses. Now, I wouldn't trust any of the online vendors.

this! the scene back in 98-02 (and even later) was drastically different from the scene today. you couldn't just google "legal high" and buy whatever chemical from whatever shady vendor popped up.

these were drugs you actually had to look for if you wanted to buy them. also the market was fairly restricted to people with some knowledge of the drugs (psychonauts for the most part)

not to mention a milligram scale wasn't something you could buy for $30 back then.

the rc market in its current form is detestable. today there are no ethics and an extreme desire for profit which is a terrible combination.

remember jlf poisonous non-consumables?

I was attracted to RCs because you could buy them online with a credit card. Except for one friend who smokes pot, I don't know anyone who has access to things like MDMA or LSD, or any other illegal drugs. I'm not about to approach someone I don't know and ask them "for the good shit" or do anything really sketchy like that. Plus, who knows what's in an E pill you get off the street. It could be aspirin or caffeine or some other rubbish. At least I can charge back my credit card with the online stores.

I guess it's a matter of networking - knowing people with these things, but I don't know anyone like that in my group of friends.

I would say that purchasing chemicals online with your credit card is pretty sketchy and could put you at great risk. RCs aren't exactly "legal" everywhere. In the USA they are technically illegal. When I got into RCs in 2005, I thought that they were completely legal as well, and yes, this attracted me to them. I had no way of getting LSD to experience a trip, and the more I read about RCs the more I wanted to try them, and so I did.

Also, some people have died because of mix ups among RC vendors. It wasn't too long ago that this sort of mix up happened in the community. The substance shipped had an extremely low dosage recommendation. People assumed that the vendor had sent the correct chemical that they wanted, they dosed way too high for the chemical that was actually sent, and rather bad things happened. You are still taking a risk when you are dealing with these substances.

A few years ago things started to change in the RC scene. Instead of vendors focusing on providing chemicals that would facilitate a trip, they began to place greater emphasis on providing chemicals that mimic the effects of other drugs. Mephedrone is one example. I decided to leave the 'scene' when that sort of thing started to happen. Perhaps you've read about many people's terrible experiences with these new chemicals that have been coming out onto the market, the struggles with compulsive dosing and addiction, trips to the ER and such. I don't like where it is going now, but every individual is going to have his own opinion about that sort of thing.

I think a lot of people new to this sort of thing incorrectly assume that, because these drugs are not explicitly illegal, they are safe and they can throw caution to the wind. People have been prosecuted for possession, distribution, and use of these substances before. They assume that, when they send payment to a vendor, that the vendor will be honest and send the correct product. There have also been many cases where one chemical, or a mixture of chemicals, or very cut chemicals, have been sent out, mislabeled, or sold as something other than what they really are. These days it seems like the people providing these substances are more interested in making as much money as possible and that their user base are expendable. Not all of the vendors are like this, but enough of them are. How are you to know?

Be safe.

I was attracted to psychedelic RCs because purchasing was easier and they sounded just as good as the classics from the reports I read.

I love psychedelic substances and I love to explore them. So many interesting pea's/trypt's out there (But only available @WWW) That's why I got into the RC scene.

The "fact" that these compounds are "legal", doesn't play a role for me. I would prefer to buy them from my local dealer. Hate to do it through the web with postal delivery. Imo it's more risky, because of possible transaction traces:|

TOR and PGP are my friends =D

When I initially purchased 2ce in 2004, I was interested in because of reading reports mentioning its similarities to LSD. I tried 2ce that summer then Operation Web Tryp happened so no more rc's at the time. Kind of didn't bother following the more underground/international vendors that followed. I got 2cb hooked up once randomly but didn't start exploring rcs again last year. My main reason has been broadening my psychedelic exploration but I have bought a few rc's basically because of the legal status. (mephedrone/methylone)

I wasn't interested until Mephedrone............then the 2c's, then on and on and on.

I'm attracted to them because they aren't the "norm" in the drug community..

The type of drugs I like are hard to get in my area. Weed tends to be too expensive, and I'm being tested for it at the moment, MDMA is easy to get ripped off on, and LSD and shrooms are hard to come by, especially this time of year. So I've got access to JWH, M1 and dozens of phenethylamines and tryptamines to play with. I will buy weed and street E again when I know for certain that the product is good and certainly L when it pops up again, but it's nice not to have to depend on these sources to get the experience I'm seeking.