• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Were you attracted to RCs because of their legality?

i think it's difficult to categorise all RCs as one; that's like saying "DRUGS ARE BAD" which is a ridiculously vague statement that doesnt make any sense

and on another note: what does happen if you give mephedrone to a plant?

Really though? There is no research at all? Clinical trials and phase drug testing is a lie? Someone needs to call the FDA.

yeah, any wonder those fuckers (finally, at least in your area re: meph, mdpv,etc) were slow to get onto this shit.

there have been a few RC's released by online vendors without any formal study to my knowledge. i don't dip, or read, into the RC distribution to comment any further so please, anyone, feel free to correct me:)

I was attracted by:
Price vs high. It was a very good ratio. In the end they made me seek illegal drugs.

I honestly don't know who would fuck with RCs if other drugs were legal and easily accessible. RC manufacturers are always looking for a drug to mimic more popular illegal drugs, and we generally eat it up. Who would take something with unknown long-term effects, interactions and toxicity if they could get something safer/possibly more potent just as easily?

I think the RC phenomenon is a logical outgrowth of drug prohibition. In my case, RCs like mephedrone and methylone are the closest thing to a stimulant I can get...it's not that I prefer them to MDMA or amphetamines, but I definitely prefer them to propylhexedrine (my other legal stim of choice). For some of us, RCs are not the easiest option but the only option.

online or legal had nothing to do with it. knowing there were new flavors of psychedelia out there to be had was what attracted me.

Thisthisthis.

The fact that they're legal and online is just icing on the cake, I suppose.

I honestly don't know who would fuck with RCs if other drugs were legal and easily accessible. RC manufacturers are always looking for a drug to mimic more popular illegal drugs, and we generally eat it up. Who would take something with unknown long-term effects, interactions and toxicity if they could get something safer/possibly more potent just as easily?

I think the RC phenomenon is a logical outgrowth of drug prohibition. In my case, RCs like mephedrone and methylone are the closest thing to a stimulant I can get...it's not that I prefer them to MDMA or amphetamines, but I definitely prefer them to propylhexedrine (my other legal stim of choice). For some of us, RCs are not the easiest option but the only option.

This is only partially true. Many, if not most, of the RC's out there aren't trying to mimic illegal drugs. There are literally dozens of psychedelic RC's out there. The only psychedelics I've personally come across on the street are acid, shrooms, and salvia. Once you build up a nice collection of vendors, it's like being able to order off a menu, where street drugs are like the daily special.

Some RCs are attempts to mimic illegal drugs for sure, but not all of them are. Also, some of the copy cat ones can be better than the originals to some people. Just look at the methoxetamine thread. I've also found MDAI to be quite nice in combination with something. It feels 90% as good as MDMA, isn't neurotoxic, and has little to no hangover. Even though having to pass drug tests has gotten me into RCs, I don't feel like I'm having any less fun than I used to have drug wise. Sure, I miss some of my old favorites, but I've been opened up to a whole new world of drugs I would have never gotten to try otherwise. The only part of RCs that I hate is that stuff from overseas vendors takes a damn eternity to come.

RC's are trying to mimic drugs in the way they're trying to hit the right receptors in the brain at the right ratios.. But what else are you gonna go on? They're not just gonna make chemicals that hit a few kappa receptors and think that it's gonna sell.

I am far more interested in effect that legality.
But I would much rather get my drugs through the mail, instead of having to deal with ass hole pushers... Not that the internet drug trade doesn't have its share of ass holes :)

Im interested in RCs because of rarity, the mysterious side of them, the effects, the prices.

And i agree not having to deal with assholes pushers is a plus but now we have to deal with customs.

I was interested in phens (2 c-x and such) because a lot of them were stimulating and psychedelic which I LOVE. Also I have never had to be concerned about the quality, price or quantity of the RC I was buying.

Thats all up in smoke now though :(

I was drawn to RC's for two reasons...

One, I saw a new report about the "evils" of how people are getting "high" *gasp* off supposed bath salts. I thought to myself... self, we should try said evil :)

The second is just looking for things that are different. I getting a sucky come down from a lot of the common stuff... thought maybe some new explorations were in order. I have not been disappointed :)

Very much so. Because of their legality, research chemicals tend to have consistently high purity (at least with the sources I have found). This is a pretty big advantage over the cut drugs of uncertain purity usually found on the street.

RC's have always kind of scared me, just because of the nagging worry of contamination/mislabeling/sloppy synthesis, etc.

The whole 'frozen addicts' thing is pretty scary to think about!!

I just typed a rather long reply to the thread, and the entire reply was lost because I was logged out for some reason while trying to submit the reply :(

This somewhat demotivates me from retyping the long reply, but I'll raise the most important points again.

When I asked, "were you attracted to RCs because of their legality", I was really asking "were you attracted to RCs because of their availability" - with legality of course tying into availability, and keeping in mind that I'm posing from a US viewpoint where most RCs are still legal.

Most people have to be introduced somehow to a new experience. The first time your had alcohol might have been at a party where it was served. No one ever introduced me to the idea of psychedelics. I have a small group of friends and we rarely even drink alcohol much less do anything else - so when I decided to explore further after my first (self-initiated) experience with DXM, I started with Google searches such as "legal highs" because I knew that none of my friends would know where to get any of your classic drugs like weed or LSD (and I did ask some of them, and others I knew well enough not to ask).

Those Google searches eventually led me to order 2C-I from a website. Finding new sites is a lot easier after you've found the first one - I was now "in the know". To use a computer science term, I had managed to bootstrap myself.

To wrap this up - I'm reminded of an essay I read a few months ago about MDMA (one of the "illegals" that I would like to try someday, compared to the "legal" methylone). MDMA was legal in the US through the mid-80s, and at one point was so prevalent in Dallas dance clubs that one could buy it with a credit card from the bartender.

I gotta say I was never attracted to RC's due to their legality, in my country of residence Australia pretty much every RC is illegal under the analogue act and all my use of RC's took place well after the analogue act was enacted.

I haven't taken a great deal of RC's, although I have sampled a handful or so, I generally am always open to new experiences but I am yet to find any RC I find more desirarable than most conventional drugs I use regularly (unless you count 4-MAR as an RC, which I don't really, but have seen it referred to as such) so I have not used many RC's often.

I was attracted to them because they were easy to get and relatively inexpensive.

I can trip on RCs for 1/5 of the price it would cost me to trip on Shrooms or Acid plus I know the exact amount I'm getting and w/ acid I don't have to worry about it being something besides LSD.

RC's and Drug Legalization

Does it follow that if drugs were to be legalized, RC usage would decrease?

Good question!

My guess would be probably. People would be more likely to consume more well known drugs that are considered safer and have more history of use.

Some RC's would still be explored such as the psychedelics found in Pihkal and Tihkal and the NBOMe series of compounds but the majority of the sales would come from the drugs as described above.

^ this.

Most illegal drugs are used for a reason and many RC's are poor substitutes simply attempting to skirt existing legislation. That doesn't mean every 'designer drug' would fall off the face of the earth though. Some of them are sought-after in their own right and possibly even may improve on an illicit drug's effect and/or safety. From what I've read, methoxetamine comes to mind as an example of this.

The psychedelic phenethylamines and tryptamines I believe would also still have a lot of fans even if all psychedelics were legalized as ellis said.

This really isn't suitable for Basic Drug Discussion though so I'm going to try it in Drug Culture. As always, DC mods, its fate is in your hands ;)

BDD>>>DC