• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Were you attracted to RCs because of their legality?

Man i wish i could get some 2CS, and i wish id tried mephedrone. Flephedrone was nerrh

I think I like the fact you KNOW what you're getting and can read everyones reaction to the chemical. I have a big time love/hate for the mdxx ones. I want to try 2ce and 2ci reallllllyyyy bad.

Nope!

I was interested in self exploration through the mind/subconscious.

The legality doesnt bother me, but I do hate the way people around here seem to be "its legal" so its "safe"

i was attracted initially due to the lack of LSD at the time and the over abundance and ease with which to get RC's.

Not because of the legality, but from how easy they are to get, novelty of experience, and price. I got into RCs through some 2C-E when the acid going around my area was way overpriced for its relative strength.

I got into them due to my probation drug testing. They are legal and many don't resemble illegal substances (on a chemical level) which are the ones I get. So I stay with in the law and have a defense if I get caught. I don't buy any analogues to controlled substances so I should have a good defense if I were to ever be charged with anything.

Wow. What a silly reason to try a drug(s).

My interest in RCs(phenethylamines and tryptamines) was learning that they have significant activity at 5th receptors.

My interest in the JWH-***(and related cannabinoid) conpounds was that they significant activity at CB receptors.

Starting to see a pattern here are we? ;)

i just think RCs are bad, its like settling for something thats fake because its easier gratification, and the universe doesnt respond well to that.

Thats bullshit. RC's COULD be better and SAFER than illegal drugs.

RC's COULD be better and SAFER than illegal drugs.
QFT!

At present, I see the RC market diverging in two directions:
Firstly, there are the phenethylamines, substituted tryptamines and the like. These are all psychedelics, of which the majority do not pose a high risk to the (experienced) user in possession of a healthy IQ. Some of the better phenethylamines are superior to the parent compound (which I believe to be mescaline); same goes for the substituted tryptamines.

On the other hand, there are the beta-ketone derivatives and the like (cathinones).

QFT!

At present, I see the RC market diverging in two directions:
Firstly, there are the phenethylamines, substituted tryptamines and the like. These are all psychedelics, of which the majority do not pose a high risk to the (experienced) user in possession of a healthy IQ. Some of the better phenethylamines are superior to the parent compound (which I believe to be mescaline); same goes for the substituted tryptamines.

On the other hand, there are the beta-ketone derivatives and the like (cathinones).

You have a point that there's a flood of cathinones atm but I would characterise the RC market differently:

1) RC's sold as (pure) chemicals in powder or crystal form.

The majority of this are psychedelics (phens, trypts and occasionaly something exotic such as 3-Meo-PCP or Methoxetamine) stimulants (MDPV, 2-FA, cathinones, ..) and cannabinoids. More of a niche market. The risk here is lower because most users are 'drug-nerds': they don't just order something and shove it up their nose but take time to gather information to use safely.

2) RC's sold as a product with a 'brand' name (eg Charge+, Spice, Tranquility and ofcourse Benzo Fury)

Here vendors just dump something in capsules, pellets or baggies and sell it as legal highs or incense or bathsalts or whatever and market it to a broad public that's not very knowledgable about RC's or drugs in general. Now this is problematic because people don't know what they're taking and most of them probably don't even care enough to look it up. I mean if you buy some bath salt with an MDPV cut without knowing what MDPV is chances are you're gonna massively OD.

RC's COULD be safer, but those branded products are bad and their popularity is gonna fuck it up for the first category too.

i just think RCs are bad, its like settling for something thats fake because its easier gratification, and the universe doesnt respond well to that.

Musta skipped those pharmacology classes huh? ;)

Seriously though, this kind of blanket statement shows a serious ignorance a psychopharmacology.

this kind of blanket statement shows a serious ignorance a psychopharmacology.
...it is also beautiful evidence that RC's are mainly meant for and used by the more intelligent members of the human race. ^^

SOME RCs are safer than other drugs, but that mainly stems from the fact that you (usually) know what you're getting from your RC vendor (although this has changed recently with the mephedrone clusterfuck) as opposed to random street cuts from street powders.

On the other hand, there is very little research, proper clinical/academic research into RCs, whereas there is a glut of research on the more common and usually therefore illegal drugs.

Much more is known about long term use of LSD/mushrooms/mescaline vs. the RC trypts and phens, for example.

...it is also beautiful evidence that RC's are mainly meant for and used by the more intelligent members of the human race. ^^

No, it's actually a beautiful(insert sarcasm here) way for you to try and cover your ass. Your 1st statement is a blatant lie. You then realized this and here we are :)

'RC's were meant for research, hence the name. They were not intended to be used by the 'more intellegent members of the human race'

Are you so obtuse that you truly believe what you've said is true?

Wow. What a silly reason to try a drug(s).

My interest in RCs(phenethylamines and tryptamines) was learning that they have significant activity at 5th receptors.

My interest in the JWH-***(and related cannabinoid) conpounds was that they significant activity at CB receptors.

Starting to see a pattern here are we? ;)

sensory overload8o

;)

Your 1st statement is a blatant lie. You then realized this and here we are :)
Somehow I can't really connect this response to my own posts.
Are you sure you're adressing the right person? :)

As for the term 'research chemicals' and those substances being intended for research...this was never the case.
The original term was designer drugs, research chemicals is just an euphemism used by clever Internet vendors.
By marketing their products as 'intended for research', they could postpone their product ending up on 'the list'.

Bottom line: ALL research chemicals have been constructed and produced intended for human use.
...or do you believe mephedrone was originally produced as a plant food too...? ;)

My mistake, I got you two confused(I didn't look at the avatar and just assumed yougeekay was responding, my apologies). I meant yougeekay's 1st comment was a blatant lie - "i just think RCs are bad, its like settling for something thats fake because its easier gratification, and the universe doesnt respond well to that."

Really though? There is no research at all? Clinical trials and phase drug testing is a lie? Someone needs to call the FDA.

Last edited:
On the other hand, there is very little research, proper clinical/academic research into RCs, whereas there is a glut of research on the more common and usually therefore illegal drugs.

Much more is known about long term use of LSD/mushrooms/mescaline vs. the RC trypts and phens, for example.

That doesn't mean they're not safer. That means we don't know if they are. But I'd agree that the psychedelics you mentioned are among the most safe out there.. LSD would have once been a "research chemical".