• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

day 2 heroin withdrawal

KidNapster

Bluelighter
hey guys, as the title says im on day 2 now of withdrawals. i was reading up on other posts to see whats best to do and how long this lasts. As you can all imagine i still feel like shit and have every symptom except diarrhea probably because i havent eaten much at all in the past day. My exp is i did around 6 bags a day every day over the summer, went on suboxone for the Fall, went back on H the last week. I didnt quit cold turkey cause i didnt have time with school and work and now finally have time to sweat it out. this is horrible though i cant even sleep through it and its very unbearable. do you guys have any suggestions/know what im in for? thanks

I would get a hold of some loperamide if you haven't already and some benzos if you can, or something to help you sleep.

I hope to be able to get benzos but its not looking good :/ loperamide for the diaerhea control?

I would get a hold of some loperamide if you haven't already and some benzos if you can, or something to help you sleep.

I agree with this, and also think that there are plenty of other meds and supplements, etc, that can help you in this situation. They have all been talked about here on BL and can be searched for.

In my experience you got about a day or maybe 2 days before you reach the peak of your WD's and then its downhill from there. You should feel fine within 4 days from now in my opinion.

i would try and get some suboxone. If you are serious about quitting, the suboxone will help make you comfortable which will make it easier on your body. If that is not an option and you just have to use what is available OTC, i would go with loperamide (get the liquid kind, it works faster) This will help with the nausea/GI problems and actually does make you feel a little better. Some people swear by it...

I would also get some regular extra strength tylenol for aches and pains and finally, some nyquil lol. Really any dxm containing cough syrup that has an added antihistamine. HOWEVER, i would stay away from ALL diphenhydramine containing products. It makes RLS worse and makes the WD feel waay worse. Not to mention the weird side effects like spontaneous orgasms haha. I forget the other antihistamine that is in nyquil, its chlor something or other, but it will help knock you out at night.

For the day, drink coffee or tea with caffeine, it helps take the edge off during the day. Weed and alcohol will help too if you are so inclined, just dont go overboard with the alcohol as it can make the WD feel worse. Good luck man, i know how shitty it is so hang in there.

I would also get some regular extra strength tylenol for aches and pains and finally, some nyquil lol. Really any dxm containing cough syrup that has an added antihistamine. HOWEVER, i would stay away from ALL diphenhydramine containing products. It makes RLS worse and makes the WD feel waay worse. Not to mention the weird side effects like spontaneous orgasms haha. I forget the other antihistamine that is in nyquil, its chlor something or other, but it will help knock you out at night.

Doxylamine Succinate, and a wee bit of alcohol :)

Thanks for the help and support guys. This is really bad and unfortunately OTC is my only options right now. I have something to look forward to which is in 4 days. I'm gonna try to get loperamide as well, tylenol I have covered. Nyquil I'm gonna get too. All I can think about is getting more h to make this go away and its really hard to think about anything else. I'm sre you guys know what I'm talking about

if the muscle cramps get to bad and your in megga pain sit in the bath then start running the hot tap (you must sit in bath before you run water or you will not be able to get into it) run just hot tap and close any windows, run water till above thigh hight and run the water as hot as you can! you may need to add sum cold along the way cas sum times its just to hot to bear, try an withstand the pain of the heat for atleast 15 - 20 mins, if your skin is not red raw when your in the bath then you aint got it hot enoth. when you can not withstand the heat no longer pull plug and just sit in bath for bout 20 mins till your body re- cimatises cas if you jump strait out your just gonna dry your self then pour sweat an be soaked again. This will stop the muscle cramps for quite awhile, used to do this all the time when w/d real bad. cas if you aint got no drugs to ease the pain this is a god send.

Ah water heat is def the wqay to go. I just got out of the shower for the second time and it really helped with my muscle cramps and pains. I have it really bad in my lower back. You're right though, I dried off and I'm pouring in sweat, its disgusting and just adds more to the uncomfortableness. The bath is def something I'm gonna try, thanks!

^ im telling you this shit works.

Go to the store and get a bottle of loperamide/imodium/whatever. I dont care how you do it buy it, steal it, suck dick for it w/e.

Take about 50mg of it. In about 1-2 hours 90% of your WD symptoms will be gone. Thats what happened with me and alot of other people ive read about.

i just came off a 6 month 100-300mg oxy habit and all i did was take loperamide the frist 3 days and i literally have felt NO withdrawal symptoms. maybe a slight headache and insomnia but thats it.

shits a godsend.

When i quit cold turkey the worst of the withdrawals were behind me by day 4, and day 5 there was still some lingering symptoms but for the most part i was feelin a lot better. Its some brutal shit man, i know how you feel. One of the most painful experiences of my life. Take hot baths every day for some temporary relief. A hot bath or shower really makes you feel better for a little while, but like 20 minutes after you get out the little relief it gave you will be gone. There really isn't a whole lot you can do to lessen the pain, outside of trying to get some benzos or something to help you sleep. It's gona suck, there's no getting around it, but you will feel much better once it's over. In my experience the 2nd and 3rd days are the worst, but once you get to day 4 you will probably feel significantly better.

^ Loperamide! I second that suggestion. Probably I should just suggest the search engine, but here's my $0.02:
I don't know if I would jump straight to 50 or 100 mg (well, actually I do know, but I wouldn't suggest that anyone else do it). If you take enough lope, you will probably be able to halt most if not all of the withdrawal symptoms (most people who've tried it, myself included, reach that conclusion). Constipation is a genuine medical worry, so I would suggest being careful not to take more than necessary. And beware, most people feel it takes at least 3-4 hours to achieve full effect, so be cautious about repeat dosing (research I've seen online reports similar, but I can't remember exact time period).
Eventually, you will have to come off of loperamide, and it WILL result in withdrawal as well if you are on high doses (longer than heroin, but milder; people seem to find tapering off lope easier, since it's not psychologically rewarding like the centrally active opioids).
Also, in my experience, taking Suboxone soon after high-dose loperamide can lead to precipitated withdrawal (but not as unpleasant as the heroin- or methadone-to-suboxone precip wds).
Cheapest is at big box clubs (or internet), where a few hundred cost a few dollars. I'm trying not to source, and you might not b able to PM yet, but if you choose this option you can comparison shop online before hitting stores.

Thanks alot! I'm on day 3 right now and actually things are feeling better weirdly! I took nyquil pills last night and it helped me fall asleep but unfortunately I woke up around 430am so the sleeping is still bad and my stomach but my cramps and pains are getting better. For the loperamide, I dunno how you guys say 50mg cause I have imdioum and each tablet is 2 mg. Also is there like a set rule to withdrawal as in, what if someone takes an opiate on day 4, does the whole withdrawal cycle start all over after that?

There is not a set withdrawal cycle, everybody is different.

I would say this it would be pointless to take an opiate this far into withdrawal. It likely will not be like starting from day 1 again, but may add a day onto it.

I used to drink theraflu during withdrawals. They make different flavors that you add into hot water. Lemon is good, and apple cinnamon is really good. Can't go wrong with a warm soothing drink.

I'm on day 3 right now and actually things are feeling better weirdly!
Awesome, just keep doing what you're doing, don't mess it up (see below).
For the loperamide, I dunno how you guys say 50mg cause I have imdioum and each tablet is 2 mg.
50mg / 2mg pills = 25 pills. ;) Can't say for sure, but that certainly seems safer than 25 vicodins a day, which isn't unusual to hear.
if someone takes an opiate on day 4, does the whole withdrawal cycle start all over after that?
That would happen to me if I got fully high that soon. In fact, restart the withdrawal (but with less intensity) for a good month at least. You're always going to extend it, but it may not be too noticeable if you don't take enough to completely get out of withdrawal and you don't do it too many times. If you're feeling ok already, and can wait, it might be a good idea.

Thanks alot! I'm on day 3 right now and actually things are feeling better weirdly! I took nyquil pills last night and it helped me fall asleep but unfortunately I woke up around 430am so the sleeping is still bad and my stomach but my cramps and pains are getting better. For the loperamide, I dunno how you guys say 50mg cause I have imdioum and each tablet is 2 mg. Also is there like a set rule to withdrawal as in, what if someone takes an opiate on day 4, does the whole withdrawal cycle start all over after that?

yeah if you do heroin while you're in withdrawal it will restart. After the withdrawals subside if you do it again when you come down you wont go into withdrawals again, but don't plan on doing any opiates again anytime soon. I guarantee if you try to start occasionally using opiates again you WILL get addicted. Trust me man I've been through it several times.

Honestly man i know alot of people on here swear by loperamide but i tried it and it didn't do shit for me except give me a stomach ache and make me constipated for like a week. I took 22 of the 2mg pills. It doesn't work for everyone but apparently it works for some people. You're so far in at this point taking the loperamide would be pointless. You are pretty much past the worst of it and it will only get better from here on. Keep it up bro! good luck

I was thinking that, that it would only extend the withdrawal. I'm not gonna be taking any opiates but the question did pop up. Theraflu actually would help in this case!? Ah I also figured out about the loperamide but thought there might be a higher dose per tablet yoou guys were talking about. Well I still can't believe I got through the first 2 days which were hell and it isn't over yet, but I'm gonna keep at this. Thanks again for the support.

yeah if you do heroin while you're in withdrawal it will restart. After the withdrawals subside if you do it again when you come down you wont go into withdrawals again, but don't plan on doing any opiates again anytime soon. I guarantee if you try to start occasionally using opiates again you WILL get addicted. Trust me man I've been through it several times.

damn really? i was hoping to be able to be an occasional user after all this, but you think thats just not possible, even with willpower?

I forgot to mention i have a one time script for Clonodine. will this help at all for withdrawals?

Last edited:
Listen to whats been said! do no use you will 100% go back to day one ! that is a fact, good luck with the detox though mate cas we all know how hard they are.