• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

day 2 heroin withdrawal

Hi KN, I hope you're feeling better and enjoying 2011!! I've still got 1 hour of 2010 left here in So Cali lol :)

Happy new year everybody!!

I would say that on the upside you didn't have too long of a habit - though I know that means SH*T all to you right now. I know the feeling we all have as it seems since we all have our own methods of getting through it. When i quit cold-turkey after a two year run, my kidneys failed...not to scare you but if it gets so bad just go to the ER and have them inject you with Ativan whatever lies you have to tell them. That was the only thing that allowed me to rest after three days of leg pain, vomiting, punching walls, not being able to sleep with whatever over the counter meds I took in droves. Honestly, if you are just too bad off that all you can think about is getting H, do a stimulant. I know it isn't the same but when I was coming off my second habit I was on subutex and meth to take the edge off. I hate advocating other drugs...but I know how bad that feeling is and how important it is to get through that sickness no matter what. And Imodium DOES work wonders, man.

Good luck.

happy new years to you too pauly! yes 2011 is so far treating me better being on day 7.
damn anjalmaya, thats some serious stuff. honestly i actually was thinking the same thing on day 2 and wanting to say fuck it and go to the ER because i couldnt take it anymore. I wanted to get benzos but couldnt get any either let alone get up and take a drive. The thought came to my mind about doing coke since it was always my right hand man after heroin but that quickly faded and feared it would make matters worse. i felt exactly like that quote Leo said in basketball diaries as im sure you did, "Your nose is running, your stomach cramps, your legs feel like they've just played 6 straight games on top of eachother, and the voice is always there in the back of your head 'Just one more time, then we'll stop'"

Needle park in Switzerland has been replaced by clinics where "registered addicts" go to receive pharm. heroin injections there at the clinic. Kinda like a Methadone clinic in the US, but they give IV pharm. grade heroin injections to addicts several times per day at doses varying depending on the addicts tolerance,etc.
Most use in the range of 250 mg of pharm. heroin per day after tapering down, however I read that about 2-5% use as much as 1000mg+(1 gram) of pharm heroin per day. Thats a lotta heroin ,especially consdering it is pure pharm grade stuff.
The use of pharm heroin will never happen in the US in my opinion. Methadone which is more addictive IMO than heroin, at least the withdrawals are longer anyway, will continue to be the drug of main use followed by the subs therapy for addiction.

Needlepark is an interesting topic and same with all injection sites in europe. Almost done here with day 7 but I know this is gonna sound stupid but I rather ask before do. If I were to do a bag today/tomorrow what do you think id be in for?

i felt exactly like that quote Leo said in basketball diaries as im sure you did, "Your nose is running, your stomach cramps, your legs feel like they've just played 6 straight games on top of eachother, and the voice is always there in the back of your head 'Just one more time, then we'll stop'"

Pretty accurate quote. How were your stomach cramps? I could always handle all of my symptoms up to that point, but when the cramps came in I couldn't bear it anymore and would have to get some opiates.

Although the second worst symptom is the depression. Especially as it used to stay with me long after withdrawals had gone away (PAWS), and I found that more diffucult than the actual withdrawal in the beginning, before I learned what it really meant to be sick. Congratulations on quitting, and stay away from opiates for as long as you possibly can (hopefully forever).

Evey time you get addicted again, your tolerance for withdrawal pain will decrease. It is much easier and much smarter to just stay away from them forever.

If you find you are unable to go on without opiates, and are in a constant cycle of relapse/sobriety/relapse, then it is best to go on Suboxone til you get your shit together mentally.

im about to have to quit as well...so this thread has been very helpful....thanks for all the avice everyone even though it was not targeted towards me.

i have tried to quit before but it sucked too much so i always relapse. i cant wait to try the liperamide or whatever...hopefully everyone is right and it helps a lot!!

happy new years to you too pauly! yes 2011 is so far treating me better being on day 7.
damn anjalmaya, thats some serious stuff. honestly i actually was thinking the same thing on day 2 and wanting to say fuck it and go to the ER because i couldnt take it anymore. I wanted to get benzos but couldnt get any either let alone get up and take a drive. The thought came to my mind about doing coke since it was always my right hand man after heroin but that quickly faded and feared it would make matters worse. i felt exactly like that quote Leo said in basketball diaries as im sure you did, "Your nose is running, your stomach cramps, your legs feel like they've just played 6 straight games on top of eachother, and the voice is always there in the back of your head 'Just one more time, then we'll stop'"

I think that Burroughs described it the best - junk eventually turns you into what the function of opium is in the poppy plant which is to maintain it until whatever the correct terminology is like keep it preserved. It is painless, sexless, and completely focused on one thing only preservation so when you quit, your body is becoming human again and not a plant - pain, nerve endings sparked again, sexed and focused on all the stuff that you wanted to be numbed from and more. The awesome high we all love from heroin is too good to not pay a huge price. What comes up has to come down...it is the toll we pay. But even though we can reap philosophical, IT EFFING SUCKS AND IS THE HARDEST THING I DID. And you find comfort in those that know and truly understand. TRULY. Cause you can't understand it until you've been there. And then being an IV user, I mean, I was injecting water into my veins months afterward to deal with that craving. My stomach was messed up for months after. I couldn't sleep normal for months after. And literally, like a poster said above the boredom kicks in. I mean, I could watch the entire season of "Rock of Love Bus" and be entertained strung out. BUT clean? I couldn't even watch shit I enjoyed, except movies that were about heroin. Like "Candy" or "Intervention..." You just want to reach out. You want to have people know because it is so shocking even to myself when I thought about it. WOW. I am an IV heroin addict. I am not selling my body. I am not homeless. I am smart. I am capable. And I didn't respect this drug enough, heroin humbled me. It showed me that I COULD be owned by something.

I advocated meth usage and even my subutex doctor did. He told me if I was going to use it, at least inject it because cold turkey heroin detox is flat out unsafe. So I did. And it helped take the edge off A LOT. Of course, so did the subutex but I was able to wean off that. And then when I wanted to quit the meth, I just slept for a week and ate. Just never go into a methadone program. NEVER.

Good luck to you. And literally, that shot of ativan in the ER was like a miracle. And then clonidine, ultracets, fluids, anti-anxiety meds is how they detoxed me... the real detox is once you are out of the seven day phase. THAT is when it gets really hard. For me anyway.

im about to have to quit as well...so this thread has been very helpful....thanks for all the avice everyone even though it was not targeted towards me.

i have tried to quit before but it sucked too much so i always relapse. i cant wait to try the liperamide or whatever...hopefully everyone is right and it helps a lot!!

it hasnt been long since i was in that vicious routine of panicking if i didnt have dope for the breakfast, lunch and dinner so to say. Its worth it to quit though and the advice here has def helped me! Its crazy how i thought before quitting which was i couldnt bare to understand how anyone can function and be happy without taking something every single day like i did. thats being an addict for ya.

anjalimaya thats some crazy stuff you said, everything you said just made me tingle because its so true and i truly forgot about pain and feelings and all this stuff thats supposed to be normal. i was numb mostly and didnt even realize toward the end. Im actually on day 8 now and im guessing its hard because mentally its hard now?

Heroin isn't taken lightly in most places around the globe, lol.

haha thats the truth. good job on wantin to quit, who knows u coulda saved ur life bro. i know i did. i was pronounced dead 6 times off H od. i always got the chinawhite for cheap, mostly free since i was his driver. i know its tough as fuck bro prob one of the hardest things ive done, but one of the best too. i still think of it to this day, when i was detoxing, my biggest trigger (something that makes u think of using) was just looking at my arms. the second i did that all these heroin thoughts and images were racing through my mind. i never thought i would get over that, but shootings doesnt even sound appealing any more. i know the feeling is, the shit, but aint worth tearing my life apart again

Edit: oh as far as rehab goes, unfortunately since I got busted with heroin over the summer, it looks like the courts will most likely mandate me to rehab/treatment court which I guess is best for me anyways rather than having an A misdemnor on my record. Heroin is something they don't take lightly here on Long Island, NY anyways :/

I had to complete Nassau county TASC a few years back for possession of vicodin. Gave them dirty piss and got sent to inpatient, then had to do a year of outpatient after that and that was so that I would get a misdemeanor and not a felony. Outpatient wasn't too bad. I went to Nassau Central Guidance Center. The were lenient with payments, and my councelor was cool so I barely had to go.

I have some friends in drug court now. One just gave a dirty piss so he's waiting to see what happens. The rehab that they sent me to was crazy though. All the people were there through the courts, and I was the minority by far. I don't think you have to go to outpatient unless you give a couple of dirty piss samples.

I was thinking that, that it would only extend the withdrawal. I'm not gonna be taking any opiates but the question did pop up. Theraflu actually would help in this case!? Ah I also figured out about the loperamide but thought there might be a higher dose per tablet yoou guys were talking about. Well I still can't believe I got through the first 2 days which were hell and it isn't over yet, but I'm gonna keep at this. Thanks again for the support.

I'm weening off a bunch of stuff/ quitting one drug at a time and lowering the doses and I'm already going through mild withdrawal. I applaud you for getting through this. Take the advice and stay away from opiates forever. Not even one more time.

Some people continue to feel bad for a very long time after opiate withdrawal, but it sounds like you will be feeling so much better by the end of the month or even the end of the week. It's a new life, opportunities and emotions which you thought were long gone will open up and you'll realize how lucky you are to be alive and functional, despite the damage that may have been done. Stay strong, it's completely worth it. As for the law problems, those will slowly clear up as well, no point in making it an excuse now.

Thanks Lord that means alot man. I still cant believe i am where i am now, day 8. Thinking that i cant ever do opiates again is really stressful but i know what youre saying. right now i can only take it a day at a time as they say when i used to go to NA.

Wow tommyboy thats crazy youre in Nassau too. I know about TASC and drug court and all the phases and all that BS. they gave me an offer to do "debriefing" which is ratting out where i got everything and all that crap and itll get dropped to a B misdemenor instead. Im not even considering that shit, hell no. They make it so you can go through all this legal stuff as difficult and frustrating as possible..

Wow tommyboy thats crazy youre in Nassau too. I know about TASC and drug court and all the phases and all that BS. they gave me an offer to do "debriefing" which is ratting out where i got everything and all that crap and itll get dropped to a B misdemenor instead. Im not even considering that shit, hell no. They make it so you can go through all this legal stuff as difficult and frustrating as possible..

Yea I did the debriefing thing and didn't know what it was at first. I told them I didn't know shit, then ended up getting in a fight with them because they were calling me a junkie. I ended up taking off my shirt to show them I had no track marks. The detectives there even knew I didn't know shit, it was the DA that was being the prick.

They told me if I walked out that I was serving atleast 6 months, but I just walked on out. Met with this detective a month later and he believed me that I didn't know shit. I told him the vikes were from an old script in my house. He told the DA that I just needed treatment and didn't know shit so leave me alone.

Hey KN don't tell yourself never because that makes it feel worse than it really is haha. I hate to sound like a stereotype but as far as your own personal recovery goes, just take one day at a time, or the way I like to say it is, as far as drugs go, just do your best to stay clean today, without having to worry about a lifelong commitment. It seems to me like you're doing great!! So today should be what, day 10? How are you feeling?

Thanks pauly I actuallly did mess up yesterday and thought I can be normal and give it a try of getting high for a day and nowq back to day 1. Its not horible withdrawals but its aches and such so I def am not a hundred percent. But like I said its not like the day 1 and such I went through. This is manageable pain right now but its still hard to say no to using which I'm gonna try taking it a day at a time like you said. I'm really trying to stay focused at the one day at a time thing but doing heroin is still very much so on my mind

if the muscle cramps get to bad and your in megga pain sit in the bath then start running the hot tap (you must sit in bath before you run water or you will not be able to get into it) run just hot tap and close any windows, run water till above thigh hight and run the water as hot as you can! you may need to add sum cold along the way cas sum times its just to hot to bear, try an withstand the pain of the heat for atleast 15 - 20 mins, if your skin is not red raw when your in the bath then you aint got it hot enoth. when you can not withstand the heat no longer pull plug and just sit in bath for bout 20 mins till your body re- cimatises cas if you jump strait out your just gonna dry your self then pour sweat an be soaked again. This will stop the muscle cramps for quite awhile, used to do this all the time when w/d real bad. cas if you aint got no drugs to ease the pain this is a god send.

lol I was always soooo against doing this, Im always like I aint takin no baths mothafcucker!! but yo, it really is a god send ahaha, I finally gave in and its the best fucking feeling, expecially if your stoned an took a Xanax or something,

Im on day three heroin WD's, and the sleep last night was a worse than the 2nd for some reason. Even If tonight isn't too great, I have 1mg left of Xanax, and hopefully I can get more bud, and just smoke a lot till day 5, I don't work right now, just trying to kick at home. so tomorrow is day 4, this is crazy.

I would get a hold of some loperamide if you haven't already and some benzos if you can, or something to help you sleep.
I have a question:
I've been using H for a week, half a gram every 2-3 days. Took a bupe yesterday and did a .1 after that around 10:30 a.m.
I feel fine, great actually. Because I used for short time in small amounts is it possible to only withdrawal for 1 day?

I have a question:
I've been using H for a week, half a gram every 2-3 days. Took a bupe yesterday and did a .1 after that around 10:30 a.m.
I feel fine, great actually. Because I used for short time in small amounts is it possible to only withdrawal for 1 day?
I'm sorry nobody got to you quicker, but if you're still curious, it's the bupe. Stuff has a strong affinity to opiod receptors. Even if you got something out of that .1 (I dont sww how but I'm assuming you'll know) you'd still have a decent amount of bupe in your system today (friday).