• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

day 2 heroin withdrawal

Yes, clonodine is very popular among people going through opiate withdrawals. I have not personally taken it, but I commonly see it is peoples "arsenal of drugs" that they stockpile for withdrawals.

It's very hard to use opiates occasionally after detoxing. I do, and I feel pretty shitty when I use after just two days of use. Withdrawals happen so fast, but is more of just feeling achy for a couple days.

gotcha, just took one, might as well! damn just after 2 days of using you feel shitty from it? its such a bitch that opiates gotta do this

I forgot to mention i have a one time script for Clonodine. will this help at all for withdrawals?
YESSS! You should've been taking that all along! Could've avoided some pain. Theraflu helps. Not sure if it's the combination of drugs in it or just the DXM (a weird pseudo-opioid -- ok that's not a real term -- acts as an opioid agonist at only one of the receptors, I believe, but has effects very different from other opioids).

haha dammit i totally forgot about my Clonidine script! theyre .5 each, i dunno if you would know how many would be good to take? theres DXM in it too?? you mention its a opioid agonist, will this slow the withdrawal rate at all then?

---> BDD

Yea it has DXM too. It used to have pseudoephedrine but it was too easy for tweekers to make meth with is since it was already in a powder.

dxm doesn't re-set the clock or lengthen withdrawal too badly, if at all. if provides very mild withdrawal relief, but at your level, it will provide some. You can't really get an opiate type high at all on it. If it helps, I'd say take it, I wouldn't worry about increasing withdrawal.

edit: forgot about the pseudo being gone... unless you get the kind from the pharmacist (IE "behind the counter" not "over the counter"). i used to like that for minor withdrawal...

Last edited:
I place near my house does outpatient detoxing and they give you bentyle,clartin, Clonodine, And neurotin Ive done it a few times it actually works. they also give you seroquel to sleep. alot of those are common meds.

awesome, knowing that i shouldnt have problems increasing withdrawal time or anyhing by taking clonidine and such im gonna continue to take it. i have less pain in my lower back and legs today, but i do feel very weak and kinda dizzy. might be also cause i havent ate much.

I've never done heroin and I don't IV opiates, but I have a crazy tolerance (320mg oxymorphone insufflated to nod off). I've only been taking opioids since october 13th, but I'm already on opana ER 40mg 2/day and opana IR 10mg 2/day as needed. I would like to learn more about opiate withdrawal, and will check on the internet more, but whatever you all could tell me aside from what you've already said here will help. I have gotten myself off the opana a couple times, and all I had was like 1 sleepless night and a couple hours of severe hot/cold sweats, to the point where I couldnt tell if I was hot or cold. I went cold turkey off of xanax at 8mg/day for a year, and that detox was probably the worst experience in my life...I've been on xanax/klonopin since 2001, and now my body needs at least 1mg/day of klonopin to avoid anxiety/panic/and seizure like symptoms that become worse in intensity everyday. I'm sure heroin IV is harder to come off of than insufflated oxymorphone, as diacetylmorphine (heroin) is absorbed so quickly by the body and can create some of the most powerful euphoria possible...so I've read...my IV use is limited to cocaine and methamphetamine, and only did it a couple times since my veins are so deep and I need a very experienced person or phlebotomist to do it, even with a tourniquet.

So, KidNapster, I hate to make you think about the symptoms you're going through, although the clonodine seems to be helping. If you lived in south california id give ya some other non-opioid things that would also help with the withdrawal, unless you're taking low doses of opioids to make the withdrawal less severe.

Anyway, aside from anxiety, physical pain, hot/cold sweats, and depression? maybe? What are all the withdrawal symptoms and what is the longest the physical withdrawal can last?

Thanks man, hope you're feeling better soon-
Paul

nyway, aside from anxiety, physical pain, hot/cold sweats, and depression? maybe? What are all the withdrawal symptoms and what is the longest the physical withdrawal can last?
Those symptoms are the main ones. That, stomach problems, and the sleepness. They're somewhat similar, since for both the misery of not having slept for 7-10 days is comparable.
Having experience with both, I think withdrawal from xanax 8 mg/day is probably more uncomfortable than most withdrawals from small-to-moderate heroin or other short-acting opioid habits, but that's just my opinion. At least coming off herion I've never passed out and fallen down stairs or passed out and fallen in the shower. Clonidine helps with both.
The duration of withdrawal depends largely on the drug's half-life (not just dose and how long you were on it). Heroin and oxycodone have short half-lives, so the withdrawal is more intense and lasts only a week or so. Buprenorphine (e.g. Suboxone) and Methadone have long half-lives (24-36 hours), so the withdrawal can last more than a month (as in, you may not sleep more than 1-2 hours continuously for that long).

congrats on your decision to quit bro. i no it sux now but itll be sooo worth it once they completely disapear in a day or two. your doin the right thing, i got 37 days clean now from a iv heroin 3 bundles a day and it feels great to be clean. no suboxone this time, it was the 1st time to detox and w.o an opiate in 6 years. loperamide is a godsend and going to rehab will help man. go to NA or AA meetings and i no it sounds dumb but work the steps and listen to people. it could save your life, it saved mine.

What socio said is right, those symptoms are what I'm going through. I've heard benzo withdrawal is reeally bad, prob not even on the same level as opiate withdrawal. That totally makes sense that suboxone withdrawal would last longer and so I'm kinda happy I decided to end with heroin instead of suboxone. Thanks for the advice teque, that's some heavy use, I've IVed but actually I was snorting it this time around cause I couldn't give in to the needle. You're right though, I'm on day 4 and really feeling a difference, its an insentive to keep going as well, thanks guys :)

Edit: oh as far as rehab goes, unfortunately since I got busted with heroin over the summer, it looks like the courts will most likely mandate me to rehab/treatment court which I guess is best for me anyways rather than having an A misdemnor on my record. Heroin is something they don't take lightly here on Long Island, NY anyways :/

Last edited:
Heroin isn't taken lightly in most places around the globe, lol.
Haha true dat, but most places lighter than in America. 'Cept fer maybe Singapore and such. I went out to score dope & rock in London & asked people if I could go to jail for it there (was on professional business & wouldn't b able to get bail, much less keep my career). People laughed at the question. In Amsterdam my friend & I were snorting coke & dope outta my hand in some alley, saw a cop car coming, panicked & sucked & licked it up like maniacs as fast as possible. Cops drove by, rolled down the window & laughed at us stupid Americans, standing there, powder & spittle smeared faces -- hahaha still cracks me up! "Haha those Americans must think drugs are a crime!"

socio that truely is an epic story hahahaha! Socio have you ever heard of needle park in switzerland? i know its been outlawed for quite some time, but im still guessing theyre more lenient in Europe as you say :p Yes here in NY, we have big shipments coming in from Brooklyn serving alot of Long Island (where i live) and my county (nassau), is seeing this as an epidemic and is fully concentrating on getting rid of it. theyre not as concerned with weed, psychedelics, etc, theyve had it with heroin and want it out so of course theyre giving me a hard time even though i got caught with one bag.. oh btw on im day 5 and feeling really good! :) i gotta thank all you guys again for giving me hope and giving advice through the worst of it. Its great to have opinions and help from people who are more accepting and wont just tell me to "deal with it junkie"

damn really? i was hoping to be able to be an occasional user after all this, but you think thats just not possible, even with willpower?

I forgot to mention i have a one time script for Clonodine. will this help at all for withdrawals?

Maaannnn......I'm on day 28 of withdrawal and still sore at at night......I still have RLS and ache in my arms and calves...............I've used H for the past 3 years, constantly daily.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to just 'dabble'.........What happens is you'll use.....use a bit more.....etc.........and you're hooked again........Trust me, I've been there.......Aint no such thing as a halfway junkie!!! You either go all the way clean, or it's pointless for you to even be withdrawling right now. Hero is just too good to use occasionaly.

The only way you're gonna be able to be cool and party when you want to is to be on Subox........But I don't suggest it.......my friend has been on Subox since it came out and he's a total waste........

It's rugged times getting through the 'drawl'......but I just think to myself daily that if I was hardcore enough to use, then I'm hardcore enough to fight the pain.....but that's just my M.O.

Definately soak in the bath.......it helps wonders.........Also you're potassium levels are probably zapped, so you need to supplement.........Benzo's will definately help you sleep.

Good luck mate.......

Cheers.

Benway189

Listen bro, i have some help for you, but man you have to understand
Your coming off of a heroin binge, its not suppose to be pleasurable, it is going to be the EXACT opposite (and more worse) than being high off dog.
(Skip to the BOLD UNDERLINED words to skip the story, i strongly suggest you read it though..)
dog will put you to sleep, DT's keep u from sleeping. you kick ur legs and shit like a fish out of water at night dont you? well i was on heroin about a year ago, and was way far off worse than you are. i shot $100-200 of dog a day. that was my occupation 100% was to be the driver. I did this job all day, every day for about 2 years, driving the biggest dealers in my town, all across the 'great' state of ohio, so needless to say, aside from buying my dope, i was given approx 100$ of pure dope just to take him on a ride ($50 worth every hour, and free gas). All my dog was from dayton ohio, and H is about the only pure/decent thing you can find in there, and its everywhere. in dayton its easier to buy a baggy of some raw chinawhite than to buy cigs or a bag chronic. coming off the chinawhite dope was actually not as bad as i thought it would be.now keep in mind i have been pronounced dead 6-7 times, off chinawhite or some regular semi-cut dog. i died 4 times just shooting 20cc's of chinawhite from its purity, and i had been doing it for awhile (needless to say, it surprised me when i od'd because i always did a small shot to see how pure it was. (OH and DONT mix xanax, lol unless you wanna see what hells like)... ok to get to the point, my DT was actually not as bad as i thought it would be. i tried detoxing about 4 times, every time i went back within THAT day or the next. the final time, i said fuck it im going through with this, it was tearing my life apart. i kept a friend with me at my house, 100% of the time. When i needed something like cigs or weed, he would go to the store for me. I layed in bed EVERY DAY for about a week, doing nothing but smoking weed, cigs, drinking coffee and playing PS3 with my dude. But that will def make ur dt much easier. Keep your mind off the dog, stay with a friend 24/7 who dont touch it, AND KEEP YOUR SELF STONED OUT OF YOUR MIND. (YOU HAVE TO BE THE ONE WHO WANTS TO QUIT, THATS THE ONLY WAY!!!) That was the biggest help i have ever found, and made dt very easy. I bought an oz of the finest chronic, and smoked J after J after J, 2 days after the OZ purchase, my dude ran up for another one... I still couldnt sleep, but im TELLING you. smoke mass quantitys of weed, and it will be MUCH easier.. i really hope this helps you man.

-ps: im positive taking benzos will make it much easier too, along with vitamins (cant remember what they were atm), but my story above is just an explanation of what i had to go through to kick this devil. It wasnt easy, and it never is. its been 3 years (1year since i walked out of jail) and still, to this day, i think of heroin. idk if u have ever been to AA or NA, but with something as hard as heroin, you will think about it til the day you die, maybe not every day, but it will always be on your mind. you have to be strong its the only way man. just man up, take a week, a kick the shit out of it man... having a trustworthy friend with you 24/7 is also a biiiiiig help, and stay busy, play ps3 or something. if you sit and watch tv you will be trying to find some dog. STAY BUSY, STAY HIGH, STAY WITH GOOD FRIENDS.

-chiinawhiite

Last edited:
Socio have you ever heard of needle park in switzerland? i know its been outlawed for quite some time, but im still guessing theyre more lenient in Europe as you say ....
the phrase "needle park" sounds familiar. I am aware of "safe injection" facilities in some European countries and rumors that they are in Canada and Australia & its neighbors. The one European country I know to have an American-style "war on drugs" is Sweden. They're nearly as severe as the US, though not quite. Portugal -- even more than Nederland -- has completely (I believe) decriminalized drugs and it's worked for them. There's an interesting and concise article from a couple years ago in the Economist that discusses it (among many other sources of information on it).
my county (nassau), is seeing this as an epidemic and is fully concentrating on getting rid of it. theyre not as concerned with weed, psychedelics, etc, theyve had it with heroin and want it out
Knowing some of the research on drug use and policy in the US, I do think the "epidemic" label makes sense sometimes for drug use, but it more often fits the societal reaction to drugs much better (ah -- like you say -- they "see it as" an epidemic). There are epidemics of cracking down on drugs, giving longer sentences, media attention, etc., even when the levels of use and associated harms remain constant or even decline. The sociologist Craig Reinarman calls these "drug scares," a form of "moral panic" (good article if you can find it: "Social Construction of Drug Scares"). That's the epidemic you're suffering from!

Last edited:
Benway: youre that far into recovery and still feeling aches and such? hmm im on day 5 and have an incredible noticeable difference and feel alot better compared to 2 days ago. didnt know heroin messes with potassium levels, or is that more of an assumption because i probably wasnt on a balanced diet while using? well anyways yes i didnt eat as much haha

chinawhite: ive had you before :p but yea i read your story bro and thats some hard shit. i used to do the same when i had a bad coke habit. drove dealers or anyone around so get free shit, never had the chance to do that with dope. i bet youre def right about taking benzos but i couldnt get a hold of any during the first few days so i suffered but nyquil helped a bit. The weed thing isnt for me like it used to be when i was first experimenting with drugs. I used to get a nice high but if i were to try it again, id get all super paranoid, unsocial, and not enjoying myself. im weird i know and it sucks thats what happens when i smoke. i didnt even have a craving for cigs either!

socio: yes there are definitely safe injection sites in parts of Europe where they can be overlooked, but im not too sure what else goes on there. Im def gonna look into that. About the societal view you talked about makes alot of sense about the whole epidemic thing, sociology was one of my favorites in school :)