• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Trouble Smoking DMT

Personally I think that trying to break through on smoked DMT alone is much more a wild goose chase than investing a little time into making some simple sublingual tinctures.

That's just my experience though.

shambles lol

satans piss = xylene

when the extract is all evaporated and kneaded (so that it solidifies into wax) it has a fruity tint to it even

8(

Everyone's a dumbass. Just, some maybe moreso than others.

Nice sarcasm there. But NO not everyones a dumbass in the sense OF RCS!!
I wasn't talking about life :p .. I eyeballed almost every rc i tried and thats a shitload never have i or anyone else that sampled threw me overdosed or low dosed but i have seen many dumbasses who figured hey why not double or triple whatever substance at the moment and either took a trip to the hospital or the bathroom floor....

and to stay on topic why dont you just buy a cheap metal pipe from a smoke shop get some screens lay the dmt on some ash or bud it should be that simple if you cash the DMT you should easily breakthrew as long as its a good dose n good synth

TheAppleCore, did you use the FASA method for dmt fumarate? If your acetone isn't anhydrous that might be causing your dmt fumarate to be a little on the gooey side. If it is anhydrous, I found the fumarate salt to be perfect for insufflation, very little burn, although the taste is not exactly pleasant.

Have you tried injecting DMT? I more or less gave up trying to smoke dmt to breakthrough, but thats because I have a little bit of a needle fetish. I found IV to be the same, if not a little faster than a smoked breakthrough dose, and my preferred route, Intramuscular to be nearly the same as insufflating it, minus the discomfort from the drip and whatnot.

That said, the only way I was ever able to succesfully breakthrough smoking it was with a device deemed the "Hyperbong" which was constructed of a lightbulb vape attached to a bong (using a couple paperclips and ingenuity) with a candle underneath it. I'd fill the bong with icewater and position it on the floor so that I wouldn't have to maneuver anything, just take hits and crawl onto my bed or slouch over onto the floor :). I have smoked DMT out of an clean test-tube before and I find it is ideal for smoking smaller amounts

Are you injecting extracted DMT or synthetic? I can only get extracted Deemsters and am tempted by IV DMT as it's comparatively "safe" compared to IM extractions. I also have a lifelong needle fetish but yet to shoot Demz Mad'eadz Trippstaz. IV 4-AcO-DMT is as close as I've got and seemed very similar to IV DMT experiences I've read up on. But it's not Dmitri himself...

I have found the easiest way for me is using a bong.

If you have a small amount of herb, I find that to work best for the "bed", ashes work fine as well.

I put just enough herb/ash to cover the hole in the bowl and to make a "cradle" to hold the spice.

I am somewhat careful about the closeness of the flame, but once it melts into the weed, I just keep the flame just above it and hit it hard.

I have also learned that IF YOU DONT HOLD IT IN YOU DON'T GET *AS* HIGH. I have had friends that forgot to hold it in for at least a 10 count and got barely threshold effects. An hour later, they did the same amount, held it in for a 10 count and literally could not take the second hit.

I have been completely out of my mind and had some of my best life experiences using this method with freebase dmt (spice).

I would say this is the most effective way I have ever smoked it, plus it's probably the most readily available technique for most novice users.

I watched a good friend smoke a 90mg pile of spice in one go, his face when completely blank after 15 seconds and he was unresponsive to questions, had no words to say (not that he could have formed a sentence anyhow), no color in his eyes, wide uncontrollable smile, but looked as if he could not figure out what he was experiencing. He reported to us, after he came back that there were no words to describe the confusion and complete shatter of time and reality that he experienced. He was speechless and in complete awe that such a force exists on our planet. Furthermore, during the afterglow he was certain that DMT was god, and after deciding this, went on to ask "What do you call the person that gives you god?" I told him to call me "Prophet". He had that look of total honest love and compassion when he asked it, I could tell how thankful he was for being so blessed to experience this. This was a truly glowing experience for all of us that night, one that will stick forever.

I know you hear and read it all the time, but be careful and have fun. When you hit that breakthrough dose, you won't really even know it until you come back and ask "what the fuck just happened?" lol.

-Noddy

Extracted, but it was recrystallized 3 times (at which point it was colorless and left no residue when vaporized) and then converted into the fumarate salt via the FASA method. I have also taken extracted DMT (3 times recrystallized as well) and dissolved it in acetic acid, then evaporated the excess to leave a sticky goo of DMT acetate. I did it in a spoon so that I could just redissolve it in about 20-30 insulin units of water and I never had any problems.

I have IV'd plenty of street heroin in the past and I considered the risk of complications due to the extraction process of dmt to be minimal. At least in comparison to the folly of injecting street heroin filtered through a cigarette filter. I know its better to be safe than sorry, but it always seemed to me that the risks of injecting a trace amount of plant matter were slightly out of proportion, but I suppose different people asses risks differently...

I have yet to IV 4-AcO-DMT, but I did IM it once at 17mg and was astounded by how similar it felt to DMT. One of my close friends IV'd 4-AcO-DMT at 15mg and said it was very very similar to IV DMT, but distinctly different. He said that DMT was more "real" or "significant" than IV 4-AcO-DMT, but who knows, thats just one man's opinion

Thanks for that :)

I don't have any problem IVing street drugs as I've done it my whole adult life and aside from the odd run in with "Cotton Fever" and a coupla abcesses it's never been a problem as far as infections go. With me I think it's just difficulty in trusting my own extraction technique enough cos I've never extracted it myself but am definitely planning to soon. Have always been an IV boy through and through and still feel a bit nervous about IM dosing sometimes purely due to relative unfamiliarity with it compared to IV. Would probably have to become more confident in it all with a fair few practice runs at extraction before taking the plunge(r) but good info - had never considered recrystallising before.

4-AcO-DMT was incredible IV. Sooooo intensely psychedelic and very dissociative too. DMT sounds very interesting too...

Just use the type of bongs usually associated with cannabis use. I found these far superior to any other conceivable contraption I've tried. Just inhale and inhale and the vapor has nowhere to escape. At which point you strap on your safety belt and clear the pipe. Water isn't necessary with this endeavour. Any cheap bong will do I've found.

Good luck.

As a side note, if you want spectacular results take a longer acting psychedelic beforehand. Wait until the peak and go nuts. My most profound experience occurred with 300ug of LSD with the DMT smoked on the peak in this fashion. Get experienced with Dimitri on his own before attempting.

No problem :)

The extraction process is fairly simple, if you look around you can easily find good pictorial guides, and I'm sure if you have access to extracted dmt, then perhaps that person could give you a hand. Recrystallization is relatively straightforward, same basic idea of doing a freeze precipitation, although if you plan on doing the FASA method I wouldn't bother cuz it purifies the DMT in the process.

I had, until recently been much more comfortable with IM versus IV simply because you can't really screw it up, whereas with IV you can miss the shot, which sucks. haha but I've gotten over it and perfected my IV technique..With DMT I would suggest having a sitter present so that you can hand them the rig because I have found that the rush comes on very quickly, and having to worry about whether or not there's a needle laying around on the floor can be a bit disconcerting

Thanks for the replies, everybody. I'll stick to the easiest method: smoking it in a pipe on top of bud. I plan to do it while on two hits of acid. I know it's wisest to become familiar with DMT by itself first, but I have limited time for psychedelic experimentation before classes start in January, and I've been wanting to do acid again since I first tried it in October. I'm generally comfortable in the psychedelic mind state and think I'll be able to handle the combo (though I have no idea what to expect, except for my mind to be blown). I have one more question: should I use a screen?

The extraction process is fairly simple, if you look around you can easily find good pictorial guides, and I'm sure if you have access to extracted dmt, then perhaps that person could give you a hand. Recrystallization is relatively straightforward, same basic idea of doing a freeze precipitation, although if you plan on doing the FASA method I wouldn't bother cuz it purifies the DMT in the process.

I had, until recently been much more comfortable with IM versus IV simply because you can't really screw it up, whereas with IV you can miss the shot, which sucks. haha but I've gotten over it and perfected my IV technique..With DMT I would suggest having a sitter present so that you can hand them the rig because I have found that the rush comes on very quickly, and having to worry about whether or not there's a needle laying around on the floor can be a bit disconcerting

The last time I IV'd it, I finished the shot, capped the needle and set it aside and found myself wondering "Did I do something wrong? Nothing's happening..." Then WHAM, all at once. It was absolutely electric =D
I share mr.mackey's preference here.

Can anyone link me to a pictorial STB guide ?

Yeah, don't snort it... And I wouldn't recommend using a marijuana pipe either. Your best bet is a freebase pipe, but $25 is definitely way overpriced. (I buy them for 89 cents). If you don't want to waste your money on an over priced freebase pipe, try aluminum foil and a straw. It's never failed me, and I've smoked A LOT of DiMiTri in my time.

Hey Shambles, your inbox is full :)

--

My experiments showed that a sort of steel wool works absolutely best by far... but! you shouldn't use regular fine steel wool I think, but rather a course one. Steel wool may get red hot much too easily, you need something that evenly distributes the heat.
I found something that has a honey comb structure and is not like steel thread but like made of wider metal ribbon (a few mm wide only though).

Something else is important: you need to burn the hell out of it first to remove harmful oils and crap that are on the choreboy probably from producing it. Wrap it in aluminum foil and apply a lighter. Go on until no nasty smoke comes off it anymore.

Then make a little plug of the stuff and put it in your pipe. Add DMT. Gently apply heat to let the DMT melt into it. Then smoke as usual.

You should notice that there is no need to be as careful about it anymore, it doesn't work now unless you smoke it well. And when you do it should vaporize massively and produce a great launch.

Last edited:
solipsis: my friend has the art in your avatar on his wall, every time i see it i think, "they theres a bler that has that as an avatar"

as to the person asking for a link to a pictoral just check out the nexus

Yeah I got it on the wall too, love the guy who made it and went to a dedicated museum... it was nice though this work particularly is in private ownership. Anyway I identify with the avatar by now, probably won't change it. I know you have had yours for a while now, and others likewise.

The nexus is great by the way about the topic.

Ok I have to say I agree in a sense with IGNVS sit in a room you feel very comfortable in and maybe even try the christmas lights (I did it in a field with no issue with the sun). What I did was got the dankest chronic I could find and my glass pipe, loaded the dank I broke up very well into the pipe and then put 3 good hits worth of dmt on the top... I wanted to test what I still believe that its impossible to take 3 good hits of good dmt if you have no tolerance... I took the first hit and felt really nothing, and as I was taking the second hit everthing exploded with colors all of a sudden so my friend took the pipe away from me and looked away from me as directed by me beforehand I layed down and was flying into a tunnel of caleidescopic patterns I couldnt tell if my eyes were open or closed I blinked and nothing I saw changed and as I went through the tunnel I kept going faster and faster and the patterns got real crazy. when I somewhat cameback to reality my friend had a million pimples on his face and the hairs on the bud looked like they were crawling around like ants I even said there's ants on the bud!