View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking Pot on Acid

pot only makes it better....this applies to anything and everything in life=D

it couldn't hurt is what i'm trying to say<3

thats not true at all- not only can it be negative when tripping smoking pot does not go with the vast majority of activities in life (work for one), unless you really want to limit what you can do

and i love smoking pot but its not always preferable or advantageous

pot is usefull for enjoying music, having great orgasms and improving the fun to be had when cooking and the quality of the tasty results

I'll occasionally smoke once the acid/shrooms wear off, but I prefer to remain pot free whilst the trip is in full thing. I always feel the pot removes a level of clarity and insight from the trip plus I hate my nose and lungs having smoke being pulled through them and also the stale smell of lingering smoke bothers me to. Finally, and this particularly applies when tripping with others, is when ash gets spilled onto floors, carpets, sofas etc...as this creates a messy uncomfortable vibe.

This is the way marijuana affects psychedelics and why some people dislike and some people like...

Smoking pot greatly increases the psychedelic effects, and also brings the marijuana "high" feeling along with the psychedelia you're already experiencing. I've noticed that if one smokes pot regularly (like daily or multiple times daily), and their body/mind is somewhat used to it (tolerance), they generally LOVE smoking pot on psychedelics (me)...it really can be AMAZING at all points in the trip!

However, people who are "weekend smokers" or smoke not so frequently, are prone to the anxiolytic/paranoia effects that happen when this combo is used. I have seen good trips go BAD after a bowl. It doesn't only intensify things, it also brings all of marijuana's effects (e.g. confusion and paranoia seem to be exaggerated with this combo in inexperienced users). So it all has to do with how used to your body is to marijuana, and probably tolerance.

I'm not saying a non-regular user can't enjoy the combo, it is just a lot less likely.

pot only makes it better....this applies to anything and everything in life=D

it couldn't hurt is what i'm trying to say<3

I don't know about this one. I for one love smoking weed, but when I do a psych, I want to feel the full effects of the psych. Same with MDMA. But smoking on the comedown is a must :D

Ok i'll admit it adds some chaos to a trip but agreed with the above it does make any body loads turn easier or more pleasurable or yes even downright potentiate it and let you get deep into a headspace with visuals rather than bodytripping/coming up

TBH mostly I find smoking weed to dampen a trip, sometimes. And enhance a trip, sometimes. It depends on what you're tripping on, I reckon, and also yourself.

I'm undecided about the effects of weed on trips, I've yet to really grasp what weed does for me with a trip, I reckon that actually, much like tripping itself, it can depend on set and setting, doses of each, etc.

I'd say just experiment. The only things I would not suggest is this...

If you're absolutely flying, don't smoke, just incase it dampens it... although if you get the urge it's hard to resist.

And if you're feeling uncomfortable in any way, don't try to correct it with weed, since that might make things worse. But of course it might not be so with you. Just experiment with what you feel comfortable with. Different people have different results with mixing weed with psychedelics.

Smoking weed on acid has always made my trips go completely fucking haywire in the best way possible.

High dose of acid + really good pot at the 1.5-2hr mark = <3
Rainbow_Icon.png
<38(<3
Rainbow_Icon.png
<3

im not scared to smoke on my trip. ive had a lot of good times doing that, but once or twice it will turn to the darkside b/c it really does intensify the trip, just making it hazier.

i think the difference is the people who just want to get fucked up, get better visual and trip harder vs people who want the full extent feeling of a normal acid dose. acid alone can do amazing things, why taint it with bud just to get better visuals? but thats my opinion =)

Smoking will make you trip more strongly, but will also confuse and muddle the trip.

I agree with this ^

I like smoking right before I drop to bring it on faster and when I'm coming down. I don't like to smoke during my peak because although it enhances the visuals, I like the mental feeling of JUST being on lsd. Pot just makes thinking difficult :/

With most psychedelics I myself will not smoke untill t1:30 or t2 (when come ups end and peaks begin) just so I am comfterable and familiar with how far I am going out. That being said I will then smoke from the peak untill im not tripping any more. Pretty much non-stop. I'll have a bowl loaded at all times and hit every few minutes (more like when ever I remember to lol). I refuse to trip without marijuana by my side.

With lsd inparticular I *will* smoke during the come up because lsd come ups is as gentle as any compound I've ever had. Even with high doses I have the distinct feeling I could never have a bad time on lsd. This is purely just my personal preference and experience. YMMV so much its not even funny. But since you ask I recommend you smoke constantly throughout the trip

Great fun! The acid definitely kicks up a notch when you smoke. Most often in a very good way!

This is the way marijuana affects psychedelics and why some people dislike and some people like...

Smoking pot greatly increases the psychedelic effects, and also brings the marijuana "high" feeling along with the psychedelia you're already experiencing. I've noticed that if one smokes pot regularly (like daily or multiple times daily), and their body/mind is somewhat used to it (tolerance), they generally LOVE smoking pot on psychedelics (me)...it really can be AMAZING at all points in the trip!

However, people who are "weekend smokers" or smoke not so frequently, are prone to the anxiolytic/paranoia effects that happen when this combo is used. I have seen good trips go BAD after a bowl. It doesn't only intensify things, it also brings all of marijuana's effects (e.g. confusion and paranoia seem to be exaggerated with this combo in inexperienced users). So it all has to do with how used to your body is to marijuana, and probably tolerance.

I'm not saying a non-regular user can't enjoy the combo, it is just a lot less likely.

not for me, it's not like that. I mean, I always liked the combo and in ,my old days - not that I tripped so many times - I often overdid. But I hadn't understood that along with the synergy come other stuffs.

I am a heavy user but I no longer wanna smoke in my classic psychedelic trips, at least not a lot.

In my last trip [psiloshrooms] I did not blaze up until the end of it

and on mescaline I only did some tiny puffs at 2h intevals, 2 small joints in total [very very little for me]

I felt I chose right both times to act so

[I remember the first hit - it was also my first time mescaline - was when mesc started working and the hit [well half a joint] brought on awesome waves of mescaline - perfect synergy, which had me compulsively after 5 mins wanting to finish off the rest of the joint - but I did not and stuck with my schedule.

Over all yeah people are right ,

too much, or even more than just a few = more potential for paranoia and misunderstanding, clarity blurring, less ability to communicae, etc.

I find it quite funny that I have such a conservative approach using pot on psychs, while being uncontrollable in everyday life with my use. But then again I am conservative with psychs, so maybe that's it.

That's a nice thought.... hmmmmm

I've only ever smoked while tripping once, and I was tripping so hard I didn't really feel the weed. It was just fun to use the bong. But I'd recommend either smoking before you drop or as you are coming down and trying to sleep, unless you are having a mild trip. Acid, in moderate to high doses, is far stronger than a weed high. The way I look at it, you are just cheapening the trip, as the highs don't seem to synergies particularly well, as they fell quite different. Also, if you are prone to getting paranoid when you smoke, you'd risk ruining your trip.

Weed + LSD for me always results in existential paranoia.. but weed alone does that for me sometimes too.

When I smoked pot before the LSD fully took effect it really led to a difficult trip. I'm very sensitive to cannabis so even on it's own I find it at times to be overwhelming, although I enjoy it more lately. But I always find that weed complements other substances well, so I tend to use them together. I would never smoke it before the peak again though.

I'm a daily pot smoker, and I will not trip on anything unless I have a bit of pot lyin' around somewhere.

Would you guys have anything to comment discussing

LSD + pot combo VS psiloshrooms + pot combo ????

Would someone [independently on each ones preferance on lsd or psilcybin] say that one or the other combo is preferable or has less negative sideffects???

Or it's more or less the same?

[well I suppose this won't make much sense, as some people find shrooms darker than lsd and some people find lsd darker and harder than shrooms]