• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you still wear jewelry given in past relationships?

Do you still wear jewellery given to you in past relationships?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I never received any

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Depends (explain in thread)

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters

AmorRoark

Bluelight Crew
Yes or no or depends? If yes or depends explain further please. I presume most answers will be 'depends'.

Me: Yes, but if I were to get divorced I wouldn't continue to wear my wedding band or engagement ring. Also, if the ex either asked for the jewelry back or requested I didn't wear it anymore I wouldn't... however none of those situations have ever occurred for me.

Yes I still wear the cross given to me by my first serious love, but then again we are still close friends. I wouldn't wear anything given to me by an ex I no longer speak to. But all of them were far too cheap and assholeish to have ever given me jewelry, lol.

Yes or no or depends? If yes or depends explain further please. I presume most answers will be 'depends'.

Me: Yes, but if I were to get divorced I wouldn't continue to wear my wedding band or engagement ring. Also, if the ex either asked for the jewelry back or requested I didn't wear it anymore I wouldn't... however none of those situations have ever occurred for me.

I know this isn't really a gender specific question so I will answer by saying that I have never been bought jewelery in the relationships i have been in, nor have I bought any myself.

Not being a jewelery kind of person, I would only wear chains, rings etc if given to me for a reason in turn giving the jewelery some semblance of meaning.

If once divorced, I don't see why any body would continue to wear their wedding ring. I can understand if your husband or wife passed away and you continued to wear it though.

It depends, I have a nice pair of earring given to me by an ex that I do still wear. However, the necklace also from him I don't wear because it has a heart charm on it. I feel that something as relationship specific as that belongs in that past with that relationship.

no one ever bought me any, but I would depending how I felt about the person (except for a wedding band). i would not wear jewely bought for me by someone i no longer got along with.

Yes, I wear my wedding band on the other hand.

I'm not entirely sure how to explain why. The relationship ended amicably and we're best friends, so having the ring on doesn't bring up any negative feelings. It's somewhat like a tattoo... reminds me of who I was at the time and who I am now.

it would depend. like aep, i have some very nice earrings an ex bought that i still wear from time to time. but if it were a wedding or engagement ring, something symbolizing commitment to that individual, i would either give it back or sell it. i'd even feel too uncomfortable having such an item in my jewelry box.

chrissie's situation is quite admirable though.

I wear a necklace that has my initial on it. If it was a heart or something like that i wouldn't.

Simple answer: None of my ex's ever bought me jewellery :D

But if they had, it would depend on which ex is was who had bought it for me (my most recent ex and I are still good friends) and how much I liked the jewellery :)

i prolly would not wear any if i split up with my husband. all he has given is a necklace with a heart pendant and engagement ring. i don't wear much jewelry.

Well my ex BLR gave me 2 engagement rings. One was his deceased grandmothers engagement ring. I dont wear it. And the other one I don't wear simply because I put it on the other hand and one of my friends said that it still looked like I was taken. So I took it off.

No - it's a chapter of my life that is closed, and to wear those pieces would not feel good to me.

Well my ex BLR gave me 2 engagement rings. One was his deceased grandmothers engagement ring. I dont wear it.

just curious... why didn't you give that one back? seems like it was probably more sentimental to him, if it's something that isn't going to be worn.

Yep, I still wear a bracelet I was given for my 25th birthday by the guy who loved me at that time.. Awesome bracelet, has 'A Pirates Life' on one side and my birth date on the other.. Reminds me that I've been loved and thought highly enough of at one point..

:)

I still wear some necklaces that exes have bought for me in the past but the one thing I will not wear anymore is a ring that my most serious ex got for me. A ring is more symbolic of an emotion that is too painful for me to experience each time I see it on my finger. So it's just in my jewelry box for now, I would never sell it or anything.

just curious... why didn't you give that one back? seems like it was probably more sentimental to him, if it's something that isn't going to be worn.

he didn't want it back. Said he gave it to me and wanted me to keep it. If he ever asked for it back, I would totally give it to him.