• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you still wear jewelry given in past relationships?

Do you still wear jewellery given to you in past relationships?

• Yes

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • I never received any

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Depends (explain in thread)

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
... all jewelry gifts that were given to me and we are no longer close or on good terms.... I coincidentally have misplaced.

So I guess that answers that! Lol.

But then again, none were really super expensive. My bf bought me a $800 bracelet. I think if we ever parted ways.....I'd never lose it. Lol.

I don't really go for jewlery but I have body jewlery in that some ex bought.

Most my ex gfs bought me shit like clothes, tattoos, video games and drugs/alcohol.

I kept most material things. I bought them shit too.

I suppose if I just despised someone I would probably not want anything to remind me of them cuz there is no point dwelling in the past.

No, I do not.

I forged a set of rings several years ago and my x stole them. They were made of precious metal, and I spent a long time designing and making them. She never even had permission to wear them. I asked for them back, then she went on about how we were supposed to get married. We parted, but she hid them from me and did not return them. I'm still mad at her.

^That is just outright theft.

No one has ever given me jewelry because I ask them not to. I don't go for precious stones and I'm so picky about the rest of the stuff I wear that I don't want anyone wasting money on me that way. I love my jewelry but it is mostly indigenous stuff from other countries that I get when I travel or sea glass or something like that. I wear the same pair of earrings every day that I bought for $15 back when my kids were little and I would take them to the Rock and Mineral Show that came to town once a year. They are Larimar and now that the Chinese have bought it all up it is expensive but back then it was just a pretty blue stone from Dominican Republic.

Last edited:
I still wear the simple 14K hoops my ex boyfriend gave me in the mid 90's. I like them. I picked them out. I don't think of him when I put them on.
I wear the watch my ex husband gave me as I picked it out and I can't recall but I bet I paid for it somehow. I threw out my wedding band. I bought it.

I do wear stuff I have bought for myself

from time to time! BAEbee

:p

:D

I still have my wedding band, if I ever find it I plan to sell it because it's a thick band of white gold I could probably get $400 for (and I bought it anyway). I saw no need to throw it away, it's just been years and I don't remember where it is. I know that she sold her wedding/engagement rings, which were quite valuable (probably got around $6k for them). Since she is basically nonfunctional and lives with her mom and doesn't work even 4 years later, and I love her mom, it was an easy decision to send her the rings when she asked for them because her mom doesn't have a lot of money and is supporting her 34 year old daughter. :\

I don't plan to get married again, my girlfriend and I would get married by this point except we both don't want to. If we ever do, she'd value a ring made out of a vine more than a diamond. :) Actually she thinks rings are a symbol of ownership and has never been into them as gifts. It's the same reason she isn't into marriage.

Xorkoth, I gave my engagement ring to my daughter. She never takes it off. It is beautiful a sapphire surrounded by clusters of small diamonds. She's taken very good care of it. My wedding band is in a box.

I have no problem with wearing jewellery from my exes as they contain happy memories. However, I don't wear jewellery much these days, mostly because I can't wear jewellery at work. I wear a simple celtic style silver ring that was once given to shambles that has significant meaning to him.

I voted "no".

When I caught my ex-fiancée cheating on me (with a guy who was going to be an usher in our wedding, no less!), she refused to give the engagement ring back to me.

It's been 13 years and I still want my $2,000 back!!! :sus:

Hell man!

Engagement rings are such a grey area. Morally you should give it back if you never wed but technically it's a gift.
Grim.

No. Personally, I traded the jewelry (some diamond earrings, my engagement ring and wedding band) from my 36 year marriage in for diamond earrings that were twice as big as what I had. A divorce present to myself. I have a good relationship with my ex, but I did not want to wear anything after I was divorced.

Voted 'Depends'

Having never been engaged or married (been asked a few times, but never accompanied with a ring!)

I had a lovely gold ring and a bracelet that different exes bought me & would definitely still wear them if I hadn't lost them

I still have 2 necklaces that different exes bought me, but I don't wear them and didn't when we were together because I don't wear necklaces, not that they noticed or perhaps thought I didn't wear them because I didn't have any, who bloody knows, but I wouldn't have a problem with wearing ex jewellery if I liked it

Yay buspersons! It's great to see you in here! <3

Sucks about the exes though x

Yay buspersons! It's great to see you in here! <3

Sucks about the exes though x

Nah, I'm still friends with gold ring, bracelet killed himself by train (long after me) Necklace 1 is the father of my second child and a massive sociopathic excuse of a being and Necklace 2 is my most recent ex, who I'm still in contact with, love unquestionably & wish things could be different

Tonight, the only jewellery I'm wearing is a silver bracelet, brought back from America for me by one of my parents in the '80's, I've worn since I was 17 (It's really difficult to get off & I told them I couldn't get it off when I had an emergency C-Section and they wrapped it all the way round with medical tape) a silver ring with a blue stone bought as a birthday present years ago by a friend and a silver tongue stud that I've had in since the '90's, is chipping my teeth away, but I feel too weird without

Last edited:
I adorn myself with the skeletal remains of my ex's, if that counts?