• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Half Life Series

I played the original on the PS2 many, many years ago. I agree that the plot was better than the second. Of course, the Ravenholm part of HL2 was awesome though.

Haven't played any of them in years though. Never even finished Ep. 2 as I got stuck on some part and gave up and... well, that was 7 years ago or so lol.

Did you make all those guides yourself at the beginning of the thread CH? I'm impressed.

A lot of the information was copied and pasted from other sources, so as to create one guide/walk through with a shit-ton of information, instead of having to do multiple google searches in case you needed multiple points of reference, etc.

Yup. I used to host a server on Opposing Forces/HL1 every now and then, but the community has died off and rarely anyone joined. I also felt like no one wanted to wait the 2-3 minutes to download all the mods to connect to the server, but it's what makes it enjoyable after so many years.

I still revisit the story modes to all of the titles yearly it seems. Something nostalgic drives me to it relentlessly.

that's so cool, didn't know OF could be played in that manner. I would have gone crazy; I absolutely love the alien weapons. %)

As for the half life series. i enjoyed the original especially for lanning back in the day. But the Portal series was lots of fun too. Especially the commentary.

Last edited:
I played this on the original Xbox and it is the only game that actually scared me, I remember being in the dark with my headphones on totally absorbed in it and terrified.

Anybody who likes HL2 really needs to check out this free mod:

Mission Improbable
https://www.moddb.com/mods/mission-improbable/images/mission-improbable-2-car-view#imagebox

mimp2_carview.jpg

It's basically just more HL2. A very good mod/game.

That has to be a whole different Half-Life experience!

I'm looking forward to sharing more tips and such, but I recently fractured two bones in my right arm near the hand, so I won't be able to repeat the games (at least for the time being), therefore I'll be less likely to offer advice. But that won't stop me entirely! :)

For me, atri, have fun playing Half Life!
More information
If the visuals are bad, you may play Half Life: Source instead, which allows you to play Half Life 1 with Half Life 2 graphics and engine.

Last edited: