• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Half Life Series

This thread made me smile!!!! :) i was 11 years old when i 1st played half life thats nearly 12 years ago and im still a massive fan.

have all the games and expansions+ mods. + counter-strike's

it definitly was the turning point for FPS games.

This thread made me smile!!!! :) i was 11 years old when i 1st played half life thats nearly 12 years ago and im still a massive fan.

have all the games and expansions+ mods. + counter-strike's

it definitly was the turning point for FPS games.

Yay! %) I like being able to share the joy of half life with Bluelight. It truly is an amazing game.

I want to be able to re-play Opposing Force, as it was my favorite.

It would also be fun to create the equivalent of where you can set up a multi-player game of Half Life, for Opposing Force. That would be just too cool. =D

you can buy them on Steam for absolutly fuck all.

My excuse for pirating Half Life: I already paid for a steam account which came with all of the games, and now I forgot the password. :eek:

I just watched a dude beat HL 1, 2, and the two in between in three days, using a trackpad... I was pretty blown away.

I just watched a dude beat HL 1, 2, and the two in between in three days, using a trackpad... I was pretty blown away.

That's pretty awesome! I probably couldn't do it that quickly.

I didn't particularly care for Half Life 2 and probably wouldn't play it over again.

Half Life and all it's expansions/releases are probably one of the best games ever made. HL2 wasn't as fun as the first one, but it was still a damn good game.

I love how the difficult can spike unexpectedly in HL1. One moment, everything is going fine and the next you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I'm playing & thoroughly enjoying HL2 right now!

I've played only a handful of first-person shooters, so I can't exactly give an expert opinion, but -- it's keeping me busy. =D

Also, kudos to the graphics engine developers -- it's by far the smoothest running and best looking game on my granddad of a PC.

Half Life and all it's expansions/releases are probably one of the best games ever made. HL2 wasn't as fun as the first one, but it was still a damn good game.

I love how the difficult can spike unexpectedly in HL1. One moment, everything is going fine and the next you're stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Agreed! :)

I'm glad you got to play the expansions as they are phenomenal, I have a lot of positive memories of Opposing Force, and cannot wait to replay it. %)

i've been playing team fortress classic non-stop it seems like. shit is so fun! now was tfc released after hl1? i'm guessing so because tf2 was released with hl2.

anyways, i advise any half-life players play team fortress classic.
if anyone does.. i play on steam, so add me: Ghostalphas

I never got into TMF and I would like to replay the HL series again, probably by myself, although it might be fun to set up so a few people could play over a LAN connection.

I doubt there is a way to do so over the internet although you might know more about that than I do D's.

The news man is just stopping by to deliver the goods:

Valve were conspicuously absent from E3 this year. With Portal 2 already out, they decided to skip the show and focus on Gamescom instead. Eurogamer report that Valve will be attending the event in Germany, scheduled to run from August 17 to August 21. It could give us our first look at Dota 2 in action, and we might get to see some of the upcoming Portal 2 DLC. Capcom and Sega have also confirmed that they will be attending the show.

Interesting. I just want to replay the original Half Life series, and don't have time to. :|

Did you know that

NSFW:
even if you're not around any ant lions, you can temporarily disorient combine soldiers with a cloud of toxic fumes released by bug-bait? I just got done watching hordes of stunned combine soldiers get mowed down by some strategically-placed automatic turrets. %)

So much fun, creatively combining the various gameplay mechanics in HL2.

Hahaha! I did not know that; if I am to replay HL2 then I will definitely keep that in mind. :D

I remember buying counter-strike 1.6 along time ago and it came with half-life. Played the crap out of that game.. ahh the memories. Such a good game. Cant wait for Half-Life 2 Episode 3/Half-Life 3

I remember buying counter-strike 1.6 along time ago and it came with half-life. Played the crap out of that game.. ahh the memories. Such a good game. Cant wait for Half-Life 2 Episode 3/Half-Life 3

I still can't wait for Opposing Force Source... :p =D

This thread made me so nostalgic for half life I bought HL2. Its fun, pretty good monsters! It doesn't quite measure up to the original in my opinion, the opening sequence in that game was one of the most memorable video game moments ever. I loved how after the "accident" you walk through the same science lab you explored in the beginning of the game, but now it is a disaster area and the face crabs have turned the scientists into zombies, it had a very tangible feeling of disaster.

This thread made me so nostalgic for half life I bought HL2. Its fun, pretty good monsters! It doesn't quite measure up to the original in my opinion, the opening sequence in that game was one of the most memorable video game moments ever. I loved how after the "accident" you walk through the same science lab you explored in the beginning of the game, but now it is a disaster area and the face crabs have turned the scientists into zombies, it had a very tangible feeling of disaster.

yeah and some parts of the game it's really spooky.. i can see where someone at valve came up with the great idea of left for dead 1&2. I loved the part where your going thru ravenlore is it?something.. lol but if u play that entire level using only your gravity gun / circular saw blades you unlock an achievement. it's tough because you only have 1saw and have to kill 6 zombies lol, gives it more of a challenge :)
I always enjoyed driving in the fanboat and dunebuggy. shits fun when your hauling ass hahaha.
then the episodes came out and made the game even more funner because it was like playing another 3 full games.. ? (im going by stoner time where my average time of beating a game is 12 hours, so in this case it would be 36hours of non-stop play time for me.)
after i beat HL2 +Episodes, I started playing Team Fortress 2, and would play the shit out of that for xbox live. oh man shit was fun LOL

havnt had time to play any Steam games :/ been soo busy! :[!!!!
My next game is Garys Mod, which its like HL1&2 on drugs lol

I prefer the original half life series, especially opposing force, when compared to half life 2.