arrested for possesion...

OR chase up the CCTV from the store, brush up on the law, represent yourself, and make the copper look stupid IN court with evidence of an illegal search - this should get the case thrown out on a technicality.

This is absolutely the worst advice given so far in this thread.

Get a lawyer!

New Hampshire Marijuana Penalties

Possession
Any amount misdemeanor 1 year $2,000

Sale or Cultivation
Less than 1 oz (first offense) felony 3 years $25,000
1 oz to 5 lbs (first offense) felony 7 years $100,000
5 lbs or more (first offense) felony 20 years $300,000
Within 1,000 feet of school (first offense) felony double penalty double penalty

Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
Paraphernalia possession or sale misdemeanor 1 year $2,000
Persons aged 15 to 18 convicted of possession or use may receive driver's license suspension for 90 days to 1 year.
Persons aged 15 to 18 convicted of possession with intent to sell may receive driver's license suspension for 1 to 5 years.
Persons over 18 convicted of possession with intent to sell may receive driver's license suspension for up to life.

Details
Possession of any amount of marijuana is a misdemeanor and is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine up to $2,000.

Manufacture or distribution of less than one ounce of marijuana is punishable by up to three years in prison and a fine up to $25,000. For one ounce or more the penalty increases to a possible seven years in prison and fine up to $100,000. Manufacture or distribution of five pounds or more is punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a fine up to $300,000.

Penalties for sale or distribution within 1,000 feet of a school are up to two times the possible prison term and fine.

Upon conviction of a person aged 15 - 18 years for possession with intent to sell, an additional penalty of 1 - 5 year driver's license suspension may be imposed. For persons aged 15 - 18 years convicted of possession or use, the offender's driver's license is suspended for 90 days - one year. For persons over the age of eighteen convicted of possession with intent to sell, the driver's license suspension may be for as long as life.

Sale or manufacture of paraphernalia is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine up to $2,000.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4551

this is what will happen:
1. under 21 without any priors you will get a YOUTHFUL OFFENDER (leaves record when you turn 21)... YAY thats good

2. Under 21 with priors...You will be administered to drug court (meaning drug tests at least 4 times a month) (will be on your record for a while)

3.Over 21...your just plain fucked (will be on record for a long time)

Yeah, never represent yourself. No matter how much you 'brush up' on the law, you'll still know fuck all compared to a lawyer.

This is absolutely the worst advice given so far in this thread.

i disagree, this advise is the worst of ALL TIME.... but in my experiance with the legal system i believe they should change the motto to " your guilty until proven innocent in a court of law" damn laws:p

Get a lawyer!

New Hampshire Marijuana Penalties

Possession
Any amount misdemeanor 1 year $2,000

Sale or Cultivation
Less than 1 oz (first offense) felony 3 years $25,000
1 oz to 5 lbs (first offense) felony 7 years $100,000
5 lbs or more (first offense) felony 20 years $300,000
Within 1,000 feet of school (first offense) felony double penalty double penalty

Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
Paraphernalia possession or sale misdemeanor 1 year $2,000
Persons aged 15 to 18 convicted of possession or use may receive driver's license suspension for 90 days to 1 year.
Persons aged 15 to 18 convicted of possession with intent to sell may receive driver's license suspension for 1 to 5 years.
Persons over 18 convicted of possession with intent to sell may receive driver's license suspension for up to life.

Details
Possession of any amount of marijuana is a misdemeanor and is punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine up to $2,000.

Manufacture or distribution of less than one ounce of marijuana is punishable by up to three years in prison and a fine up to $25,000. For one ounce or more the penalty increases to a possible seven years in prison and fine up to $100,000. Manufacture or distribution of five pounds or more is punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a fine up to $300,000.

Penalties for sale or distribution within 1,000 feet of a school are up to two times the possible prison term and fine.

Upon conviction of a person aged 15 - 18 years for possession with intent to sell, an additional penalty of 1 - 5 year driver's license suspension may be imposed. For persons aged 15 - 18 years convicted of possession or use, the offender's driver's license is suspended for 90 days - one year. For persons over the age of eighteen convicted of possession with intent to sell, the driver's license suspension may be for as long as life.

Sale or manufacture of paraphernalia is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine up to $2,000.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?wtm_view=&Group_ID=4551

lol thanks After Glow. ur from manch yes? so i assume u actually know the law here. all i had on me was a dime and a pipe. i could have possibly smell like weed i have no idea the only time i can smell weed is if its being smoked in the same house as me. i dont notice the smell any more. its fucking crazy but is that really a reason for a cop to search some one? by a smell? cuz ive smelled dirty clothes that smelled like pot. idk we will just have to wait till January 24th...one month b4 my bday. but yea when the verdict comes around ill let u all know...if im not in jail lol. nah i dont think ill get jail time but prolly PO and a fine. wich sucks bc getting a job in this fucking country sucks dick. but yea ill deff let u all know...not that any of u care. lol. im rambling....lol sorry kinda fucked up