• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos ZOPICLONE Vs ZOLPIDEM - WHICH DO YOU THINK WORKS BETTER ?

benzico

Bluelighter
Right ive been taking zolpidem(Ambien) for three years now, perscribed by my doctor- 20mg per night so i picked up 56 10mg tabs every 28 days. been changed couple weeks ago to an equal dose of Zopiclone(zimovane), 15mg per night. Im liking the zopiclone a lot better in every aspect in helping me to sleep and stay asleep, but ive also had my clonazepam changed for lorazepam, which i was not happy about as clonazepam is the best benzo in my veiw but ive also been put onto 400mg per night of quetiapine which is a heavy duty antiphycotic. Now i have the option if i like to go back onto the zolpidem if i do get on with the zopiclone but im not sure if the zopiclone is better than ambien cas of the quetiapine an fact i have only just started taking this new sleeper and all meds work good at start i just want to know long term which will be better and what you guys think is the best out of the two for long term use?:\

Fuck man your on a shit load of meds! I would say stay with the Zopiclone,i`ve had both Zopiclone and Zolpidem and IME the Zopiclone is better.I seriously don`t know how the fuck you can tell the difference though with all the different downers your taking,i would imagine they all kinda merge into one.

Zolpidem works much better for me, though I am familiar with pharmaceutical zolpidem pills while I only had zopiclone as a powder from god knows where (except for 1 time when I got a pill).

I don't like that zopiclone has a longer half-life and action which may be good against waking up mid-night... but I don't often have that problem and the longer action can make me still feel it in the morning which is a weird sensation.
Also, zopiclone gives many people including me dysgeusia and perhaps parageusia or whatever: a metallic funky taste in the mouth (even when you have taken the zopi in a closed capsule) and it can get in the way of properly tasting other things like good food.

Last but not least for sleep zopiclone really isn't more effective for me than zolpidem and I seem to need a little more than I am supposed to need of zopiclone.
Zopiclone is a slightly failed version of zolpidem IMO but I use the former because like I said I have powder of it (and it was cheap).

Now i have the option if i like to go back onto the zolpidem if i do get on with the zopiclone but im not sure if the zopiclone is better than ambien cas of the quetiapine an fact i have only just started taking this new sleeper and all meds work good at start i just want to know long term which will be better and what you guys think is the best out of the two for long term use?

Try reading that when you're stoned of weed-milk (or whatever you call Bhang Lassi), Oxazepam and Diazepam and english is your third language >_<

edit: just read the title and no other posts, if it's a classic vote put me on zolpidem. Zopiclone leaves me groggy with an awful metallic taste in you mouth/throath(sp?) that last all day long.
And zolpidem can be recreatif under the right seting..

Last edited:
cheers for the replies guys, sounds like zolpidem is coming out on top but wpuld like a few more views form the bluelight crew.

you know think gonna stick to the zopiclone cas of the longer half life!

Zolpidem for me. Zopiclone leaves me feeling slightly groggy with a depressed mood in the morning. It also leaves me with a bitter taste in my mouth that lingers well into the next day. Zopiclone also makes me sleep longer, but I always wake up feeling great after taking zolpidem, even if I only sleep for 6 or 7 hours. The only advantage with zopiclone is that I often resist falling asleep on zolpidem because I like the feeling I get from the drug. Zopiclone makes my limbs feel like they weigh 100lbs each and is thus far more incapacitating which makes sleeping the only thing that I want to do after I take it.

Zopiclone V's Zolpidem

My new GP recently changed my Zopiclone to Zolpidem (because it's addictive!!! Durr) Having been a total insomniac since the age of 17 I have required medical intervention to help me sleep. I personally found that the Zopiclone worked so much better than the Zolpidem, however trying to convince my GP of that is a nightmare!!!
To add to that, I have a fractured spine which requires surgery to make it stable, but my new GP has now also taken me off of any (addictive) pain killers and given me patches and cocodamol!!! Which I have to say do absolutely nothing to help my pain. So if anyone has any advice, please tell me, because not only am I in the most excruciating pain ever, plus I have had 3hrs sleep in the last 5 days!!!

Whatever works better is one thing but Zopiclone is far stronger. Two Zimovane (Zopiclone) 7.5mg used to knock me right out. The equivilant in Zolpidem made me sleep but barely touched me compared to the Zopiclone. Everyone I know, which includes quite a few hardened junkies call Stilnoct (the local brand) stilnotworking.

I got so stoned on Zopiclone before I wouldn't move out of the way of two policemen and punched one in the face. I had absolutely no self control. My inihibition was 0%

Show your doctor this post. Inform him, he has two choices; Prescribe you something decent, you'll deal with the consequences or you're going to get a bag of smack.

I've never done Zolpidem but I have done zolpiclone and a shitload of other sleeping meds. Zolpiclone didn't put me to sleep but gave me strong hallucinations. I saw aliens had landed in my neighbors' garden and these aliens were dwarfs. The stuff always makes me hallucinate humanoid entities from non-living things (shadows, letters, walls, lamps). All the while I felt completely sober, as if I hadn't taken anything.

Benzo's are better in my opinion but also very addictive of course.

I have just started using zolpidem after zopiclone left a taste in my mouth. I don't like it as it leaves a bigger hangover the next day wich is exactly what I don't want. I will go back to zopiclone as it made me feel more refreshed the next day even if I only got a few hours sleep which is better than none. I don't want the groggy felling the next day. That is worse than just having no sleep on its own and feeling tired.

Zolpidem any day, Zopiclone does nothing for me, Zolpidem is a brilliant wee pill, I am not the slightest bit interested in Zopiclone.

Quietipine is an odd drug. 25 -50 mgs will knock you out faster than 2 mgs of Halcion , 80 mgs of Valium or 50 mgs of ambien.

but it supposedly doesn't work like that at a higher dosage.

personally your doc seems to be trying to just get you on the anti physcotic and of the rest.

kpins and gallium and much better than Ativan for gad .I do not like Ativan . My least fav benzo. The most function are as said Valium (diazepam)and kpins((clonazepam) and easier to come of.