• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

can i inject fluoxetine?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dildonian jr.

Bluelighter
ive been reading about potentiating amphetamines
and i came accross that prozac potentiates amphetamine
i take 40 mg prozac and vyvanse 50 mg
and i dont even feel my vyvanse anymore due to tolerance
i read that you can shoot up prozac and that it makes the amphetamine more useful
1. i was wondering if its even possible
2. how to do it
3. what dosage?

I have never heard of anyone using prozac for that...injecting is pointless, it won't do anything differently to swallowing it....

I can't imagine any advantage would be sufficient to offset the fact that YOU"RE FUCKING SHOOTING PROZAC

ok, I'm going to take your post seriously, even though am still baffled by this idea. Amphetamine potentiation is possible. The reason being the fluoxetine will bind to the CYP2D6 enzyme (and inhibit it) thus allowing the amphetamine, which is also metabolized by CYP2D6, to be in the body longer and not be metabolized. I do NOT suggest you inject it. Just eating it and should get you a similar potentiation effect. Injecting fluoxetine may cause an increase in norepinephrine/dopamine in the brain, but its not worth it because the studies are unclear and its just not safe to shoot pills. If your already taking prozac 40mg, then your shit out of luck.. you've already maxed out the potentiation of the prozac. You can try and drink orange juice to speed up the absorption of the amphetamine, build up your stomach with trypsin to lyse the amino acid from the dextroamphetamine in vyvanse quicker, drink caffeine or do another stimulant to try and get some sort of synergistic effect, but the best solution would be to just take a break from the vyvanse to lower your tolerance.. best of luck.
-cap

Last edited:
caffeine works alright but not as much as i want it to
i got some calcium carbonate(antacid) and magnesium oxide
so hopefully i will get a buzz from my 50mg vyvanse

also benzos are the greatest with vyvanse!!!!!!!!

apart from it being pointless, i dont see it being very advantageous in any way

You can try and drink orange juice to speed up the absorption of the amphetamine
Orange juice will almost certainly decrease amphetamine affects, at least to some degree, because it is acidic. Antacids are better amphetamine potentiater than acids. Probably better than prozac, for that matter.

^thx fryingsquirrel, ur right. I was up a little late last nite when i typed that.
'Affects of amphetamines are dependent on pH of stomach/intestinal tract and urine.
(Acidic=pH<7; alkaline/basic=pH>7)

Stomach:
-Absorption is increased the higher/more alkaline the pH, and is decreased the lower/more acidic the pH.
Urine:
-Excretion is increased the lower/more acidic the pH, and is decreased the higher/more alkaline the pH.

So, in regards to affects of amphetamines, foods/drinks that affect stomach and urinary pH:
acidic--> lesser effects
basic --> greater effects'
taken from dr. bob

Last edited:
I'm going to rehash this old thread cause I just seen it. I have been on many different antidepressants and was on prozac for a long time also. I have had meth with the prozac and without it many times. Prozac DOES NOT make meth any better, it did however make it weaker for me. Any experience with amphetamines and many other drugs have been weaker because of ssri's or ssnri's. Injecting an antidepressant is one of the stupidest ideas I have heard. I's not really water soluble. Taking prozac with meth increases ur chances of seratonin syndrome also. So if u have the option not to mix the 2 drugs, DONT do it!

I'm going to rehash this old thread cause I just seen it. I have been on many different antidepressants and was on prozac for a long time also. I have had meth with the prozac and without it many times. Prozac DOES NOT make meth any better, it did however make it weaker for me. Any experience with amphetamines and many other drugs have been weaker because of ssri's or ssnri's. Injecting an antidepressant is one of the stupidest ideas I have heard. I's not really water soluble. Taking prozac with meth increases ur chances of seratonin syndrome also. So if u have the option not to mix the 2 drugs, DONT do it!

Nice post.

This is an old thread though, and I'm going to close it. BDD is working towards being a quick Q&A type HR forum. If you have any new information you would like add on the subject and open it for discussion, I suggest you use OD or ADD, depending on the subject at hand. PM me any questions or comments via the link in my signature.

Closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.