• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Drugs you're afraid to try

Nutmeg.

Yeah am super serious. It so happens that the first time I heard about the nutmeg high the first 2 trip reports I read were glowing. The reports told of wonderful 'body high' and 'mental high'.....luckily I done much further reading and found these reports were the exception to the rule and as such I didn't attempt to get a buzz from the 'meg.

Nutmeg- not so much fuck up your life but fuck up your weekend as far as I could tell.

One of my younger brothers ate a whole tub of nutmeg after getting the wrong end of the stick reading the appendix to Naked Lunch. He noticed the throwaway comment under the nutmeg entry stating something along the lines of "death would likely occur before addiction could ever take place" whilst somehow missing the previous sentences about delirium, cramps, insane-level RLS and the like. He was hospitalised and apparently very nearly died.

So fuck nutmeg as a "recreational" substance really.

In related news, I would only place delirients (and almost all inhalents and/or solvents) in the list of definite no-nos (hehe) for me. Never saw any appeal. There are so very, very many better ways to get ones jollies.

^ agreed.

sorry to hear of your brother.

inhalants i tried a few times in the past but never really got the same kick as others did.

one time i had been fucked up all day and had a inhalant followed by a bong rip and long pug off beer; all in the same breath. almost passed out, that's as good as it was going to get i thought and haven't looked back since.

i sniffed glue in school before we could get proper drugs. it did something but i can't say that from my more experienced perspective its something i'd want to do again.

remember thinking i was proper hard in 6th form sniffing poppers directly under cctv as well. teenagers are fucking wankers.

Poppers. My lawdy did I have some serious scabbiness around chops for a brief while after discovering poppers. Before choosing to lose them again soon after. Best use I had for them (not having experienced the supposedly excellent buttsex- based malarkies) was dipping cigs in 'em and smoking once dried. All the dubious pleasures of butyl (missed the amyl era) nitrate with bonus cancer - yay!

Poppers. My lawdy did I have some serious scabbiness around chops for a brief while after discovering poppers. Before choosing to lose them again soon after. Best use I had for them (not having experienced the supposedly excellent buttsex- based malarkies) was dipping cigs in 'em and smoking once dried. All the dubious pleasures of butyl (missed the amyl era) nitrate with bonus cancer - yay!

Pharmaceutical amyl nitrite is where it's at mate! Fuckin godly stuff...

*checks ticker*

Dammit! Still working too well for that - doh!

One of these days... ;)

I fucked them off while still at school as my taste developed for real drugs but have still found occasional use for them to get my through the last hour of dancing at all night do's and back when I last had a life, as an aid to amphetamine fuelled bedroom gymnastic marathons with my last partner.

I understand that this is too much information and the stuff of potential nightmares but I can counter this as in my current state I have neither the compulsion to inflict myself, nor would anyone now stoop so low for me to ever pose a threat towards the superior gender ever again.

Most any monosubstituted amphetamine where the substituent is at the 4-position, I.e para to the sidechain.

Theres methedrone, mephedrone, PMA, PMMA, PMEA, 4-methylthioamphetamine, which seems to be dangerous due to MAOI effect, the para-haloamphetamines are outright neurotoxins, used to lesion specific neuronal pathways in animal experimentation via microinjection. Para-fluoroamphetamine appears not to be a serotonergic neurotoxin, but para-chloro, bromo- or iodo-amphetamine are outright poisons.

Solvents, ether not counted, I quite like ether, and can make a damn good cocktail with it, and I've experienced the effects of other solvents after say, a mask cartridge ending up full of shite and letting solvent fumes in. Dichloromethane for example, I wouldn't deliberately use it as an intoxicant, but it takes effect fast, its short lived, and reminds me very much of surgical volatile anaesthesia such as sevofluorane, desflurane, enflurane etc.

Antimuscarinic delirients. Nothing to gain there. Fuck that.

Poppers...have tried inhalable nitrites, its purely a vasodilatory response IMO. Not a high.

Although I've been meaning to get a vial of poppers just in case, as part of a cyanokit (cyanide poisoning antidote kit, consists of first inhaling a volatile nitrite, to rapidly produce some methhaemoglobin from haemoglobin making it more difficult for cyanide to bind to the iron in haemoglobin, then intravenous sodium nitrite, intravenous sodium thiosulfate to complex the cyanide so it can be excreted, with hydroxycobalamin.

I know someone who accidentally poisoned themselves whilst working with cyanides and he saved his own life, shooting up sodium nitrite, thiosulfate. If he hadn't known what to do and kept his head screwed on and calm enough to respond, he'd have been dead long before an ambulance could get to him.

I won't use pills or molly if its from the street, at least not unless I KNOW several people have used the same batch before I do.

Otherwise, I'll only trust it if I can verify it's every step from first precursor to end product. That way I know it isn't cut, and know it isn't PMA or some other garbage.

PMMA (not the acrylic plastic!) is bloody evil stuff. At one end it's a drug that doesn't play nicely with mono-amine oxidase inhibitors. And at the other end, it's a mono-amine oxidase inhibitor. Simply a class of molecule that cannot exist in the same universe as a benevolent God.

The para-monosubstituted amphetamines, with the seeming sole exception of 4-fluoroamphetamine (which seemingly lacks the neurotoxic effects of para-chloro/bromo/iodoamphetamine) are either neurotoxic directly, or MAOIs as well as not playing well with MAOIs.

And the likes of mephedrone, that looks just nasty ass, I never touched it, or methedrone, and I've heard some nasty stories about 4-methylamphetamine, long, LONG lasting depression and cognitive dysfunction. So I avoided both of those like the plague, the structures are just fuckugly.

And they look like they will have significant 5HT2b agonist effects, which can cause hypertrophy of the mitral valve of the heart, like fenfluramine did, before it was taken off the market.

I think I'll stick to DIY MDA, MDMA, and perhaps methylone. Not a huge MD fan really, they make me go all NT and it feels...wrong, forced on me if that makes sense. not natural at all, although its alright in some circumstances, such as when with a loved one, or situations where you don't need to think, just blast out the metal music at full whack.

Quite. I like to grow the nightshade type plants, but there is no way in hell I'd take a delirient dose of any of them. I've used belladonna before as an antinauseant, but it requires great care in its use, they don't call it deadly nightshade because you are meant to eat the stuff...there is nothing to be gained from these plants, not in a psychedelic type of way at least.They just bugger up cognition and memory formation. Handy enough if you feel your going to puke your guts out, or you've been poisoned by nerve agents, otherwise, bugger that. And if you DO have a use for them, you better know HOW to use them, or the consequences of it is probably going to be going psychotic at best.

They do however make for some hilarious reading of others experiences. One of the best IMO, of anything I've read, is some woman, completely off her arse on some sort of antimuscarinic hijacked a cruise liner and trashed it whilst ranting about all manner of mental shit. Hijacking a cruise ship...fucking christ, these plants don't fuck about when they are going to drive somebody bat shit.

I've been trying to get some deadly nightshade growing actually, but its bloody difficult to get the seeds to germinate. I've gotten hold of a rare strain of belladonna which unlike the usual breed, has white-cream coloured flowers, white seeds, instead of the usual silvery, almost reflective, iodine-esque colour to the normal kind, a friend sent me those all the way from australia, I've only ever found the more common of the strains growing here once, along a canal towpath, but had the sense to harvest some berries so I could get them growing.

Seems like they might need some sort of special treatment though, I've read things about deadly nightshade seeds containing some kind of germination inhibitor.

I'm a bit of a pussy, but Im still alive and not addicted to anything,

But my rules have always been no smack, crack or Meth (very tempted though). After years on bluelight I can also add spice + MDPV to that list of things im not interested in.

Drugs that I'm afraid to try and probably won't: Crack, Heroin and Meth because of the addictive potential, and in the case of crack, i feel that a 5 min rush isn't worth the risk.
I also am kinda afraid to try oxy but i'll try it soon, the reason i'm afraid is because I'm a heavy drinker and have high tolerance to benzos, i usually drink and take kpins/xans, I fear that while being high off oxy I will dare to mix em' and no one will be there to save me if I OD or stop breathing (i live with my dad but he's deaf, so it's kinda like living alone for that matter).

The main reason I wouldn't take smack is because it sounds relatively quite shit, especially considering the massive potential for abuse. I'm really not sure there are many drugs that I'm particularly afraid to try, but there are a lot like this where I'll just never really have any inclination to bother. Datura sounds like guaranteed sketchiness though, so probably that.

Methamphetamine - I would be afraid to try it, honestly I'd be like a pig in shit, I enjoy regular amphetamines way to much, meth would be like the holy grail.

The reason I steer clear of meth, the first week would be insanely productive, by the second week my cock would of dropped off from spanking it for 5 plus hours every night after the misses has gone to bed worn out, the third week I would of dug all of the crickets out from under my skin, fourth week, I'd of gone for a long walk with the shadow people never to been seen again.