• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Can't get high off oral oxycodone

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
This is really strange.

I can take 5 or 6 20mg oxycodone pills and barely catch any buzz, just get a kind of slightly relaxed opiate high. However, if I snort just one 20mg pill, I'm really high and get a rush and then a really strong opiate high that lasts a long time. Why is this the case when all statistics show oxycodone has a higher bioavailiability orally?

What are the contents of your stomach when you take it? Do you supplement with any CYP450 inihibitors or more common antacids? Perhaps your stomach just stinks at absorbing drugs.

What are the contents of your stomach when you take it? Do you supplement with any CYP450 inihibitors or more common antacids? Perhaps your stomach just stinks at absorbing drugs.

What exactly could I do or take before ingesting oxycodone orally to get the best results?

Well there are many potentiation threads to help you (including for oxycodone specifically), but I'll tell you my personal regimen:
1hr before: 800mg-1g of cimetidine and a glass of grapefruit juice
30min before: 45mg DXM and two Aleve (can't remember the exact dose of naproxen sodium)
10min before: 3 tums
I don't know how much the tums actually help, but I take em anyway. The rest definitely make a difference.
I also try to be very hungry when I dose (about 4-5 hours since my last meal). The empty stomach may cause some stomach discomfort when coming up on the oxy, but I eat as soon as I begin to feel it, and it's always the best meal ever =D.

Well there are many potentiation threads to help you (including for oxycodone specifically), but I'll tell you my personal regimen:
1hr before: 800mg-1g of cimetidine and a glass of grapefruit juice
30min before: 45mg DXM and two Aleve (can't remember the exact dose of naproxen sodium)
10min before: 3 tums
I don't know how much the tums actually help, but I take em anyway. The rest definitely make a difference.
I also try to be very hungry when I dose (about 4-5 hours since my last meal). The empty stomach may cause some stomach discomfort when coming up on the oxy, but I eat as soon as I begin to feel it, and it's always the best meal ever =D.

Don't you throw up later? And what's the purpouse of the DXM?

No I don't vomit. The meal definitely helps, the tums too.
Low dose DXM is thought to lower tolerance/prevent tolerance. I'm not sure of its actual efficacy, but it seems to keep my doses steady if I go for a little binge.