• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

consciousness and the multiverse...

Here's another interesting video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

I'd say I notice little anomalies perhaps twice a month; stuff not big enough to where it causes tons of cognitive dissonance. Things that would be easy to dismiss if I wasn't paying attention. I can point it out to others and often they'll acknowledge the change, but won't see it as being related to the multiverse.

Larger anomalies seem to happen 3-4 times a year. When I point these things out people tend to scratch their head and don't know what to say.

What makes me think it is parallel universes bumping together or merging is how sometimes stuff changes for a few days, then reverts back for a few days, then eventually sticks. This seems to happen a lot with fast food restaurants, technology, and website designs.

I just want to understand it better. I don't think that reality is as solid and objective as it seems.

So you're giving it no opportunity to be your own minds imaginations, ie schizophrenia or something alike?

It does like it could be a mild psychosis-like syndrome (i.e. "impairment in reality testing"), however it's also entirely possible that this is another way of looking at the same phenomenon. Perhaps he is just more attuned to changes in the multiverse ;)

OP, could you tell us a bit more about the shared experiences you've had? As in, were they major things (like the supermarket) or minor (like the book title)?

I agree that reality is not as solid and objective as it seems to most, though I personally have not had experiences such as yours :)

I like the term multiverse. I think it should be used more often when "outer space" is being discussed.

like said, although the theory would be cool, you would need better examples to convince us.
because with just what you said, it sounds more like a memory problem

If the smallest thing that exists is an electron
the size of an electron is 10(-18)m
plank length is 10(-35)
there's quite a margin for things we don't know about inbetween (and a few we do know abou {neutrino 10(-24)})

^ this is what makes abstract concepts so difficult to discuss.

Terence McKenna said something about the transcendental object at the end of time leaking information backwards in time.

Has anyone else become aware of the multiverse and/or noticed anomalies?

I've experienced some strange things...

• dead celebrities suddenly alive again
  • false memories of my day leaking in from another timeline (like conversations I could have had but didn't)
  • buildings moving from one day to the next
  • stores being remodeled from one day to the next
  • multiple different memories of the same event
  • product packaging and logos changing from one day to the next
  • major deja-vu that continues to perplex you weeks and months later
  • people's personalities changing overnight
  • major court or political decisions completely reversing
  • etc.

I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this kind of phenomenon, but this kind of thinking seems to make most people really uncomfortable. Just I've had way too many of these weird timeline "leaks" or "mergers" to just dismiss as coincidence. <3

Have you seen the movie Dark City? I suggest you watch it. ;)

George W Bush apparently already remembers Nelson Mandela's death and then it was later reported that he was alive. That's pretty crazy

OP, could you tell us a bit more about the shared experiences you've had? As in, were they major things (like the supermarket) or minor (like the book title)?

Well I noticed that the self-checkout lanes at Walmart disappeared from one day to the next. Three people I talked to also noticed them disappearing and those were at different stores in the same area. The employees who worked at the new checkout lanes claimed that they never had self-checkout lanes, but that is what I always used for months before they suddenly disappeared.

I'm not sure that the title of a New York Times Bestseller changing overnight is really that minor, LOL. But I am the only one who overtly noticed the change. However I have found some interesting links that shows me that I'm not the only one who remembers the original title...

Original title - Critical Conversations
New title - Crucial Conversations

http://www.thatswhatsheread.net/2009/07/review-critical-conversations-by-kerry.html

http://syracuseareayouthworkers.com/resource/recommended-books/

http://www.thelist.mysite.com/rich_text_22.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3COCUWKZRIM6Z/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

http://answer.co5.biz/pregnancy-par...ooks-appropriate-for-gifted-11-year-olds.html

Last edited:
Have you seen the movie Dark City? I suggest you watch it. ;)

Dark City is awesome; I quite like it.

Sounds like too many drugs.

Well I'm of the opinion that popular legal drugs like caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, SSRI's, Ritalin, etc. are on some levels being used to distract people from actually observing the world around them and getting in touch with their inner selves. If you keep news media and advertising at a distance and use substances for introspection / shamanism then your perspective of reality will shift quite a bit and you'll start to notice just how "programmed" people are.

Next time you have deja-vu or notice a "glitch" in reality pay more attention to it to see what you can observe. Everyone has experiences like this, and if you document them and don't just dismiss them when they pop up then you start realizing that the reality around us is a lot more malleable and much less objective than it seems.

George W Bush apparently already remembers Nelson Mandela's death and then it was later reported that he was alive. That's pretty crazy

That is pretty crazy...thanks for sharing.

Aside from the typical deja-vu experiences, I have not really had any incidents like this. The only thing I can think of recently is going to bed after double checking that I turned my cell phone volume off, but in the morning waking up to my cell phone ringing. It's pretty minor and could just be a glitch in the phone, but it just struck me as kind of odd.

I agree with you that caffeine and nicotine are quite efficient at disconnecting us from intuition and keeping our eyes shut. It does so fairly subtly so that we don't even notice. I still use them both daily, I've found them harder to kick than anything else.

Has anyone else become aware of the multiverse and/or noticed anomalies?

I've experienced some strange things...

• dead celebrities suddenly alive again
  • false memories of my day leaking in from another timeline (like conversations I could have had but didn't)
  • buildings moving from one day to the next
  • stores being remodeled from one day to the next
  • multiple different memories of the same event
  • product packaging and logos changing from one day to the next
  • major deja-vu that continues to perplex you weeks and months later
  • people's personalities changing overnight
  • major court or political decisions completely reversing
  • etc.

It seems to me like parallel universes are colliding/merging with each other, and that individually we shift our consciousness from one universe to another depending on how our overall emotions are focused at the time. And when this happens generally there is some sort of time anomaly where minutes and hours just disappear out of the day.

Usually the changes are really subtle, but on a few occasions I have noticed major things change, like the package design of something I bought at the store the day previous, or a fortune 500 company's logo changing and it being as if it was always like that.

If the smallest thing that exists is an electron, and thoughts are basically electronic impulses, and then you consider the double-slit experiment where all possibilities exist until something is observed, it just really seems like the universe is some kind of big holodeck/supercomputer.

I know I'm not the only one who has experienced this kind of phenomenon, but this kind of thinking seems to make most people really uncomfortable. Just I've had way too many of these weird timeline "leaks" or "mergers" to just dismiss as coincidence. <3

Girlygrrl,

These are all very real possibilities. I too have noticed some inconsistencies in day to day life. However, unless I'm missing something or my plug in/program does not support ideas such as the ones you have mentioned I would have to say you have a wild imagination. Or maybe you are easily persuaded by others who are aware of these inconsistencies and take them seriously. I don't know maybe I'm blind by my own established beliefs. However I would like to think of myself as adaptable and open to new ideas even capable of changing or modifying my whole belief system.

I am not at odds with you and I find your post fascinating. forgive me for my skeptisism (perhaps I am not seeing what you are)

Last edited:
I've had vague recollections that something happened that is contradicted by reality as it is now. I've often tracked it down to dreams or reverie. Vividness isn't always a good indicator of a memories accuracy but often of its emotional charge. Using certain drugs, mania, stress, and other things can likely enhance mistaking impressions, dream fragments, reverie, and the like for memories and make nebulous impressions seem like vivid events.

I'm not saying I know this to be what happens with you but these psychological or neurobiological explanations are satisfactory to me on this phenomenon you describe. Collapsing or merging parallel universes has an aesthetic appeal to me as a fiend for the mind bender genre within scifi/fantasy/horror. How one would or could use or prove the merging universes experience if it were true would be an interesting mental exercise if nothing else. As you describe your awareness though it is intermittent and choppy and working with intermittent unpredictable stuff is very much the stuff of frustration except when just viewed with a bit of awe like seeing a shooting star.

I think if it is purely psychological or some way real journaling about such things and trying to discern patterns is probably a worthwhile project. Also if it causes distress talking it over with a mental health person could be very helpful.

Check into RV in the pentagon.
Ive experienced Deja Vu and incidents like yours maybe not with celebrities involved, many times over my life, but over the past 8 years it has progressively increased in frequency. I havent spoken to a single person of any age that doesnt agree time itself seems to be speeding up.

Dark City is awesome; I quite like it.
Well I'm of the opinion that popular legal drugs like caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, SSRI's, Ritalin, etc. are on some levels being used to distract people from actually observing the world around them and getting in touch with their inner selves. If you keep news media and advertising at a distance and use substances for introspection / shamanism then your perspective of reality will shift quite a bit and you'll start to notice just how "programmed" people are.

I beleive you and agree with this..

Check into RV in the pentagon.
Ive experienced Deja Vu and incidents like yours maybe not with celebrities involved, many times over my life, but over the past 8 years it has progressively increased in frequency. I havent spoken to a single person of any age that doesnt agree time itself seems to be speeding up.

Yes gold watcher time is speeding up