Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Growing shrooms from scratch/NO SPORES NEEDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, no.

It could be fucking ANYTHING. I Personally Guarantee your kitchen, no matter how much you Lysol it, isn't 100% sterile. Why did your cake turn white? Because spores got into it and germinated. Why not black, green, or otherwise? Because you got lucky and it turned out to be white.

The determining factor in which mycological species takes hold is whichever one is the most suited to the environment (and thus will out-proliferate or produce toxins that kill off other "mycos"). If you actually bothered to repeat this experiment I'm sure you'd get multicolored mold in at least a few jars.

Abiogenesis (at least in the case of food spoilage) was disproven in the 1800s if not earlier. Saying that spores pop out of precursors found in the agar is as much a falsehood as saying nmaggots come from the decomposition of meat.

It's intersting how so many paople can believe in god-like creation, where he practically performed abiogenesis,
Yet in terms of science,
With actual proof,
Earth-like abiogenesis is impossible.
(not directed toward you sekio or anyone for that matter, just an observation)

Anyways,
In response to you reply,
I think abiogenesis has gone under quite a lot of scrutiny.
And for good reason.
I mean c'mon,
Wheat turns into a mouse. hehe okay.

But the more scientific side,
And modern day holders of abiogenesis,
See it in a different way.
For example:

RNA has the ability to act as both genes and enzymes. This property could offer a way around the "chicken-and-egg" problem. (Genes require enzymes; enzymes require genes.) Furthermore, RNA can be transcribed into DNA, in reverse of the normal process of transcription. These facts are reasons to consider that the RNA world could be the original pathway to cells. James Watson enthusiastically praises Sir Francis Crick for having suggested this possibility: "The time had come to ask how the DNA—>RNA—>protein flow of information had ever got started. Here, Francis was again far ahead of his time. In 1968 he argued that RNA must have been the first genetic molecule, further suggesting that RNA, besides acting as a template, might also act as an enzyme and, in so doing, catalyze its own self-replication."

"After the first stage of evolution, RNA molecules assemble from the surrounding nucleotides in a catalytic reaction. "The RNA molecules evolve in self-replicating patterns, using recombination and mutation to explore new niches. ... they then develop an entire range of enzymic activities. At the next stage, RNA molecules began to synthesize proteins, first by developing RNA adaptor molecules that can bind activated amino acids and then by arranging them according to an RNA template using other RNA molecules such as the RNA core of the ribosome. This process would make the first proteins, which would simply be better enzymes than their RNA counterparts. ... These protein enzymes are ... built up of mini-elements of structure. " DNA finally appeared after the reverse transcription of the RNA."

And in the Miller experiment

Methane
Hydrogen
Ammonia
Water

Were used and:

"At the end of one week of continuous operation, Miller and Urey observed that as much as 10–15% of the carbon within the system was now in the form of organic compounds. Two percent of the carbon had formed amino acids that are used to make proteins in living cells, with glycine as the most abundant. Sugars, liquids, and some of the building blocks for nucleic acids were also formed."

The issue isn't that I don't believe abiogenesis happened at some point in time (I'm not really religious, or at least I think not), it's that it's unobservable to us humans, within our lifespans, with our current equipment. Even scientists "creating" life today are merely stripping ad rerprogramming cells.

Lol, what a joke of a thread. It's growing something so it must be psilocybin mushrooms 8)

That sounds like something a 10 year old kid would come up with.

I read the same book. On the opposite page to the mushroom growing it said if you leave orange peel in a bucket of budweiser in your closet in the dark for 6 months you will have a gallon of LSD.

I read the same book. On the opposite page to the mushroom growing it said if you leave orange peel in a bucket of budweiser in your closet in the dark for 6 months you will have a gallon of LSD.

so wait, that's not LSD I've been making all these years? 8)

no iv definatly done both of those u jus have 2 sprinkle nutmeg init and then wateva mushrum it is will just get the lsd from that and make magic mushrums

Nonsense, delete.

Contamination molds or fungi are not all green, brown and black, etc. Some are white.

If you want a specific kind of fungus like Psilocybes you have to use spores just like seeds with a selected type of plant.
Otherwise you will be growing whatever happened to be planted in your soil or substrate because you did not sterilize it well enough.

Lol damn that would be a motherfucking scientific breakthrough if you accomplished anything like abiogenesis in your cake

Damn I wonder how many people that book killed! Probably why no one can tell you what it's called. :/

Lot of angry folk in here, I know we get a lot of trollin fools around these parts but this guy seems genuine enough. He's curious, even went out and found the answer for himself and whatnot. He got an interesting little discussion going about abiogenesis too.

I'll eat my words if i'm wrong tho

Haha why would people go to the trouble of buying bullshit cubensis spores off the internet if they could just let some fucking rice rot?

^haha

I think OP is genuine. That said, I wouldn't want him growing my 'shrooms. :)

Well 35 years ago it worked people....lol...have faith in the name of Timothy Leary.

Hi and welcome :)

this thread should have been buried years ago, i mean thanks for the laugh as i completely forgot about it, but please don't dig up an old nonsense thread if it is still going nowhere - no offense.
if you wanna talk about shroom cultivation, come here though: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=378996 and go right ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.