• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth show up same as adderall on 7 panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfletch

Bluelighter
My friend and I are on probation and he takes adderall and I do not and we were both thinking about shooting crystal meth and we have random UAs and he wants to know if he does meth if it will show up as amphetamine. We take 7 panel drug tests with oxycodone and ethyl alcohol added. I'm pretty sure it just says amphetamine and it didn't specify methamphetamine or some shit like that. But yeah since he is pretty much always testing positive (i think) for amphetamine. He takes 15mg twice a day.

If that is really how the test they do works then he would be OK. But I think it a mistake to assume you fully understand their test. It only stays in your system for three days, so it shouldn't be that hard to schedule it around a UA.

Yeah that's what i'm gonna do and i'm trying to tell him to just do the same thing and wait till right after a UA.

I been smoking meth like once a month for yeeears. I have adderall script. I wonder if I'm safe.

Methamp is metabolized into amphetamine in your body.

they detect for Amphetamines and Methamphetamines on panel tests. my doc has a dip test and it tests for Amphetamine AND Methamphetamine , not to mention i have gotten copies of drug tests that were sent to quest labs and also on the list of drugs they test amph and methamph. same drug just a minor difference

Actually, drug tests can't differentiate between Amphetamine medications like Adderall & Meth. Years ago I had a really bad Meth problem & just so happened to be being prescribed Adderall the entire time as well, so I've had tons of doctors & tons of drug tests I "passed" confirm the fact that drug tests do not differentiate between Meth & Amphetamines.
However, having an Adderall 'script still isn't necessarily a "free pass" to do all the Meth you want & still pass drug tests. Since drug tests obviously report the exact amount of the substance that's in your system, & it's not incredibly difficult to tell a normal, "therapeutic" amount of Amphetamines that's in your system from an incredibly high amount of Amphetamines that's consistent with Meth abuse. Still, though, unless you're the biggest tweaker on the planet perhaps, all that would lead to is suspicions, since it can't be proven as a fact whether somebody with an Adderall 'script is using Meth or not based solely on the level of Amphetamines present in their system.

Years ago I had a really bad Meth problem & just so happened to be being prescribed Adderall the entire time as well, so I've had tons of doctors & tons of drug tests I "passed" confirm the fact that drug tests do not differentiate between Meth & Amphetamines.
The key words here are "years ago". Today MANY tests can tell the difference. A 5 panel test won't, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Adderall will SOMETIMES show up as methamphetamine when I take my monthly drug test. It won't show up all the time which is weird. My Suboxone doctor will assume its just the Adderall.

The key words here are "years ago". Today MANY tests can tell the difference. A 5 panel test won't, but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Well, yeah, maybe I shouldn't have just solely referred to things from years ago... Just seemed like the most sensible "proof" to cite at the time.

& if I hadn't had any experience with drug tests while having Amphetamines &/or Methamphetamines in my system for years, then I probably would have just shut up & not said anything.

However, I actually received my Medical Records in the mail yesterday from a pretty recent & pretty intensive ER visit I had, & they did an extended drug test on me (the five categories of drugs they always test for of course & three more that I'm guessing they chose at random)... I have a legitamite Adderall prescription, so of course the test showed up positive for Amphetamines, & of course they didn't care because I was prescribed to take Adderall. But various little side notes & whatnot in the ER report state flat out that, among other things, "the test for Amphetamine is designed to report as Positive, for urine samples containing Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, & their metabolites at a cutoff concentration of 500 ng/mL".

Correct me if I'm wrong (& I might be, my brain is definitely not tailored to comprehend scientific shit like a wiz or whatever), but I'm pretty sure that what that means is that drug tests still group "Amphetamines" & "Methamphetamine" together.

It depends on the test. I got a look at the test my probation officer uses. It is an instant test, and amphetamine and meth were two seperate panels. But there are lots of tests, not all the same.

Adderall on occasion will show positive for both amphetamine and methamphetamine on most tests, I don't think 5 panel tests for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.