Bluelight

Thread: Meth show up same as adderall on 7 panel?

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Collapse Details
    Meth show up same as adderall on 7 panel? 
    #1
    Bluelighter sfletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    63
    My friend and I are on probation and he takes adderall and I do not and we were both thinking about shooting crystal meth and we have random UAs and he wants to know if he does meth if it will show up as amphetamine. We take 7 panel drug tests with oxycodone and ethyl alcohol added. I'm pretty sure it just says amphetamine and it didn't specify methamphetamine or some shit like that. But yeah since he is pretty much always testing positive (i think) for amphetamine. He takes 15mg twice a day.
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    If that is really how the test they do works then he would be OK. But I think it a mistake to assume you fully understand their test. It only stays in your system for three days, so it shouldn't be that hard to schedule it around a UA.
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Bluelighter sfletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    63
    Yeah that's what i'm gonna do and i'm trying to tell him to just do the same thing and wait till right after a UA.
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sfletch View Post
    Yeah that's what i'm gonna do and i'm trying to tell him to just do the same thing and wait till right after a UA.
    That's what I do, so far so good...
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    I been smoking meth like once a month for yeeears. I have adderall script. I wonder if I'm safe.
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    If this gets closed pm me
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Moderator
    Neuroscience and Pharmacology Discussion
    Other Drugs
    Philosophy & Spirituality
    sekio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    hhohho
    Posts
    14,630
    Methamp is metabolized into amphetamine in your body.
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    So if I get addy can I smoke m amp? How long will it show
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sekio View Post
    Methamp is metabolized into amphetamine in your body.
    Not saying you're wrong, but people should not infer from this that it isn't possible to distinguish meth from amp given the right test.
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    So if I get addy can I smoke m amp? How long will it show
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickle My Pickle View Post
    So if I get addy can I smoke m amp? How long will it show
    Depends on the test they do. It's detectable about 3 days.
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    So if I smoke crystal like once a month I'm good?
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #13
    Bluelighter opiatekrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    2,774
    they detect for Amphetamines and Methamphetamines on panel tests. my doc has a dip test and it tests for Amphetamine AND Methamphetamine , not to mention i have gotten copies of drug tests that were sent to quest labs and also on the list of drugs they test amph and methamph. same drug just a minor difference
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #14
    Bluelighter TheFDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    270
    Actually, drug tests can't differentiate between Amphetamine medications like Adderall & Meth. Years ago I had a really bad Meth problem & just so happened to be being prescribed Adderall the entire time as well, so I've had tons of doctors & tons of drug tests I "passed" confirm the fact that drug tests do not differentiate between Meth & Amphetamines.
    However, having an Adderall 'script still isn't necessarily a "free pass" to do all the Meth you want & still pass drug tests. Since drug tests obviously report the exact amount of the substance that's in your system, & it's not incredibly difficult to tell a normal, "therapeutic" amount of Amphetamines that's in your system from an incredibly high amount of Amphetamines that's consistent with Meth abuse. Still, though, unless you're the biggest tweaker on the planet perhaps, all that would lead to is suspicions, since it can't be proven as a fact whether somebody with an Adderall 'script is using Meth or not based solely on the level of Amphetamines present in their system.
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFDA View Post
    Years ago I had a really bad Meth problem & just so happened to be being prescribed Adderall the entire time as well, so I've had tons of doctors & tons of drug tests I "passed" confirm the fact that drug tests do not differentiate between Meth & Amphetamines.
    The key words here are "years ago". Today MANY tests can tell the difference. A 5 panel test won't, but that is the exception rather than the rule.
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #16
    Bluelighter K'd-OUT-in-AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    Posts
    5,969
    Adderall will SOMETIMES show up as methamphetamine when I take my monthly drug test. It won't show up all the time which is weird. My Suboxone doctor will assume its just the Adderall.
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #17
    I would just stay away from crystal meth all together. that rubbish is rough on your body
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #18
    Bluelighter TheFDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingsquirrel View Post
    The key words here are "years ago". Today MANY tests can tell the difference. A 5 panel test won't, but that is the exception rather than the rule.
    Well, yeah, maybe I shouldn't have just solely referred to things from years ago... Just seemed like the most sensible "proof" to cite at the time.

    & if I hadn't had any experience with drug tests while having Amphetamines &/or Methamphetamines in my system for years, then I probably would have just shut up & not said anything.

    However, I actually received my Medical Records in the mail yesterday from a pretty recent & pretty intensive ER visit I had, & they did an extended drug test on me (the five categories of drugs they always test for of course & three more that I'm guessing they chose at random)... I have a legitamite Adderall prescription, so of course the test showed up positive for Amphetamines, & of course they didn't care because I was prescribed to take Adderall. But various little side notes & whatnot in the ER report state flat out that, among other things, "the test for Amphetamine is designed to report as Positive, for urine samples containing Amphetamine, Methamphetamine, & their metabolites at a cutoff concentration of 500 ng/mL".

    Correct me if I'm wrong (& I might be, my brain is definitely not tailored to comprehend scientific shit like a wiz or whatever), but I'm pretty sure that what that means is that drug tests still group "Amphetamines" & "Methamphetamine" together.
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
    #19
    It depends on the test. I got a look at the test my probation officer uses. It is an instant test, and amphetamine and meth were two seperate panels. But there are lots of tests, not all the same.
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #20
    Bluelighter K'd-OUT-in-AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    Posts
    5,969
    Adderall on occasion will show positive for both amphetamine and methamphetamine on most tests, I don't think 5 panel tests for both.
     

  21. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Bluelighter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    proprietary
    Posts
    95
    one year ago i was seeing suboxone doctor and believe i was given a 5 or 6 panel test.

    i at some point began taking adderall (scripted legally) and in fact forgot that i was newly on it when i went into my appointment.

    doctor came in very concerned as i was regularly passing the test (save THC but he was ok with that) and said "youve tested positive for amphetamines. tell me about it - have you beeing using speed, meth?"

    told him about the adderall and he said 'oh, ok. well be careful as youre in treatment for addiction'. so, in that case i would assume the test could not differentiate between the two.

    i looked up 5, 6 and 7 panel - the 6 panel indicates it tests for amphetamines and then METHamphetamines. the 7 panel indicates it tests only for Methamphetamines specifically. in which case your friend should be testing negative, for just his amphetamine in adderall - but since you mentioned he tests positive, then it shows positive for both.

    i think you should NOT take the chance.

    by the way - whats the reason for the added 'oxycodone' panel - why doesnt it fall under opiate category? just curious - never heard of this before.
     

  22. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Quote Originally Posted by AnyCouponWorks View Post
    one year ago i was seeing suboxone doctor and believe i was given a 5 or 6 panel test.

    i at some point began taking adderall (scripted legally) and in fact forgot that i was newly on it when i went into my appointment.

    doctor came in very concerned as i was regularly passing the test (save THC but he was ok with that) and said "youve tested positive for amphetamines. tell me about it - have you beeing using speed, meth?"

    told him about the adderall and he said 'oh, ok. well be careful as youre in treatment for addiction'. so, in that case i would assume the test could not differentiate between the two.

    i looked up 5, 6 and 7 panel - the 6 panel indicates it tests for amphetamines and then METHamphetamines. the 7 panel indicates it tests only for Methamphetamines specifically. in which case your friend should be testing negative, for just his amphetamine in adderall - but since you mentioned he tests positive, then it shows positive for both.

    i think you should NOT take the chance.

    by the way - whats the reason for the added 'oxycodone' panel - why doesnt it fall under opiate category? just curious - never heard of this before.
    I isn't metabolized to morphine, so it falls outside the standard morphine/heroin/codeine opiate test.
     

  23. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Bluelighter K'd-OUT-in-AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    Posts
    5,969
    I'm always given a 6 panel. The 6 panel tests for oxycodone.
     

  24. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Bluelighter opiatekrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, New York
    Posts
    2,774
    where does hydrocodone fall under with these panel tests ?my sub doc tests for . OPIATES, Amphs.M-Amphs, benzos, barbs, MDMA, cocaine, OXY. and believe it or not a a seperate benzo test that only shows up for klonopin , as im on it, making sure i dont take other benzos..anyway, i know hydrocodone isnt an opiate as opiates are (morphine,codeine,heroin), and oxycodone shows as, well duh OXY, so where does hydrocodone fill in? im guessing same as OXY as they both r derived from thebaine?
     

  25. Collapse Details
     
    #25
    no drug testing questions of this nature.
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •