• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine choreboy and purifying crack

Jaimes

Greenlighter
A few questions abt crack. Ive read some previous posts about these but would like to clarify.

1. Does the way you prepare the choreboy affect your experience? Like how much choreboy? How long do you heat it to take the copper or other covering off? How tightly do you fold it? If there is too much does it prevent one from inhaling the vapors?

2. There are a couple of threads about purifying crack by mixing it in water, heating it with a lighter or microwave and then letting it resolidify. Is there any consensus abt this? Does this really help? how many people here do this?

3. Ive just had a bellringer once. How can I get it? Is it just the quantity of crack or other things come into play?
Thanks!

Chore-Boy-Copper-Pads.gif

yea you wanna burn off all that copper and dont pack in the chore too tight just moderate pressure and about eighth inch or too your liking but i dont like too much your gonna push it anyways ha

Yeah, personally i wouldn't want that ChoreBoy stuff going into my lung's.

Who knows what's in that crap, and it's bad enough smoking crack anyway... no telling what's in crack.. could be anything from a piece of fingernail/toenail or a piece of soap or a shaving of soap.

Crack is one drug i will never try.

Last edited:
Choreboy I was told had soap in it or some scrubbing aid,use plain old steel wool.And if you only have had one bellringer it may be shitty crack or maybe to little of the shitty crack.When you take a good hit hold in the smoke for as long as u can,like 15 seconds or until you cannot hold that any longer.When I used to smoke rock now and then I would get a hella bellringer by the time I was exhaling the crack smoke.

I'm confused about how putting crack, which is almost completely insoluable in water, into water and then letting it resolidify would purify it.

I could be 100% wrong though. Not flaming you or bashing you, I just don't see how it would make sense. Just my thoughts.

I'm curious on how to purify crack, I'd love to do it myself.

because it might dissolve when heated but quickly resolidifies on cooling as its insoluble. But the impurities will dissolve and then be less likely to resolidify.

i guess something like that..

That makes sense. I've never had to purify my crack because I've always just rocked up my own coke.

Usually I'll do a wash of my coke if I wanna get some bomb ass rock.

As for bellringers, the quality obviously plays a pretty big role in it. If it was bunk it's gonna be hard to get a nicer ringer. A fat hit of some good crack should send you into a bellringing high.

I dont fuck with the hard but I've been around it tons of times & I personally can cook soft to hard but if your trying to make your shit better, just throw your rock on a spoon, put a few drops of water, & heat it up until it goes back to an oil base.. Most people who do this just get the wet dope with a bobbypen or needle & put it on the chorboy wet, because alot of times when it re rocks if you dont heat long enough its pointless, besides if your putting the oil base in your stem your almost positive all your smoking is dope... But one down side if your getting dope cut to hell a 50 rock might come out to a 20 lol

Ditto above.

I was one of the folks who started a "purifying crack by melting in water then cooling" thread. I guess purifying might be a misleading term, but it seems that most people who've tried it think it works when there's a lot of extra water-soluble matter mixed in with the rock [EDIT: i.e. baking soda and/or cut].

It won't always help. But if you melt it, as I understand it and feel it has worked for me, the oily drops that you get back still contain pretty much all the cocaine base, but have lost some of the grainy, "free" baking soda granules that are basically mixed into the rock, but not bound to cocaine.

I believe the result is usually a more concentrated product, which means higher concentration of coke in the lungs, and -- keep in mind -- more likelihood of getting too much in a hit and ODing or having other negative experiences.

I'm no chemist. And I don't do crack now. Just my two cents. Sorry if that's repetitive.

Yes, I think the consensus seemed to be it works on crack that is lower quality. Little or no improvement if the starting product is already good.

dont need to purify the crack.... if it melts like wax its good, if it spatters then you need to find a new dealer. OFC you dont pack the choreboy or put alot of it because the longer it takes to hit the hotter the pipe will get and more risk of it breaking and you burning your lips and really looking like a crack head.

Also more then likely if you think you need to purify your crack then you shouldn't be doing it.... buy coke and make your own, because buying crack to make less crack makes no sense when you can buy coke.

Thanks for your replies guys.

Have another question abt the choreboy. even after youve burnt it to black, im sure it must give off a lot of harmful chemicals. Does any one know? If uve run out of crack and are just taking the last few hits with the residue in hope, i think it still gives you a funny smell and makes you a bit nauseated. May contribute to lung problems, or the chemicals in the blood or brain!

Any thoughts abt safer screens? Of course im going to look up the link above abt best pipe filters etc.

And an idea - like how about just have the single or double layer of chore boy wrapped on one end of the pipe, not inside it. then just put the rock on top and smoke it holding the glass tube up . so it doesnt fall down. so, at least you wont be gettting a lot of chorboy fumes. the liquid residue may not drip in with this. Any thoughts?

And an idea - like how about just have the single or double layer of chore boy wrapped on one end of the pipe, not inside it. then just put the rock on top and smoke it holding the glass tube up . so it doesnt fall down. so, at least you wont be gettting a lot of chorboy fumes. the liquid residue may not drip in with this. Any thoughts?

no...

your not supposed to be using constant direct flame on the crack..... your supposed to melt it on the chore then heat the the chore up till the crack evaporates.... lick the flame to the pipe while inhaling, dont suck on the pipe with the flame burning the dope and the chore boy..... omg

put the pipe down

Have another question abt the choreboy. even after youve burnt it to black, im sure it must give off a lot of harmful chemicals. Does any one know? ... May contribute to lung problems, or the chemicals in the blood or brain!... Any thoughts abt safer screens? Of course im going to look up the link above abt best pipe filters etc.
I have also always wondered about this. Will the original mid-80s generation of crack smokers be the first to start getting neurological disorders 30 years later? I mean, lead paint causes cognitive damage, aluminum is known to have a relationship with either parkinson's and/or alzheimer's later in life (forget which, or both), and it really seems like melting down copper screens -- basically inhaling molten micro-droplets of metal -- for years on end *might* lead to real degenerative CNS problems for ex-users when they get older. And scientists might not find out until the first generation reached their 50s ... That would be coming up soon, within a few years ... Like smoking cigs in youth, getting cancer in old age.
Ok, maybe that's a gratuitous serving of hysteria with a steaming side of paranoia, but seems at least a remotely plausible hypothesis. 8o

^ Copper can cause problems in people who have a genetic defect that results in them not being able to clear it from the body properly. If you are unable to clear it, it can cause cirrhosis. I don't think there is any evidence for it being neurotoxic.

Any thoughts abt safer screens? Of course im going to look up the link above abt best pipe filters etc.

The official harm reduction centers here (I live in the ghetto where crackheads roam freely) suggest using the small round screens instead of brillo or choreboy, mainly on account of the metal breaking up when its burned and then being inhaled into the lungs, but also to reduce the fumes and toxins.

They generally come in packs of 5, which you are supposed to use all at once to make a filter. Most people still choose to use brillo/choreboy. Ive used both, and both will break up. Avoid burning the screen/filter excessively, regardless of what its comprised of, keep it inside the pipe where its not in direct contact with the flame, and dont hold the stem upward!! Seriously, inhaling bits of metal or anything else that could fall down the pipe would be a real buzzkill.

If youre gunna be compuslively torching away like that you probably should also consider using some electrical tape on the opposite end of the pipe so you dont scorch your lips. The glass can heat up pretty rapidly!

More harm reduction info here (sources):

http://www.camh.net/about_addiction_mental_health/drug_and_addiction_information/crack_straight_talk.html

http://canadianharmreduction.com/readmore/facts_crack_kits.pdf

http://canadianharmreduction.com/readmore/facts_crack2.pdf

The last link has some more detail about health issues resulting from toxins ;)

About the "purification" of the crack itself- what you described is called re-washing. Mostly, unless your stuff is dirty or cut to shit, it just removes some extra baking soda and doesnt make much of a difference. Its only worth doing- IMHO- if you find a batch to be really sparky since many cutting agents arent water soluble. Ive tried it a few times and the only benefit I've found personally is how smoothly it melted, although I know some people with more experience who are fanatical about washing all their crack before they smoke it. If youre gunna do it though, Id strongly warn against using the microwave!

Last edited:
^ Copper can cause problems in people who have a genetic defect that results in them not being able to clear it from the body properly...

The official harm reduction centers here (I live in the ghetto where crackheads roam freely) suggest using the small round screens instead of brillo or choreboy, mainly on account of the metal breaking up when its burned and then being inhaled into the lungs, but also to reduce the fumes and toxins...Seriously, inhaling bits of metal or anything else that could fall down the pipe would be a real buzzkill. .... [THANKS FOR THE HARM REDUCTION LINKS!] The last link has some more detail about health issues resulting from toxins ;)
Wow! Scary stuff, wish more people were getting that harm reduction info out there, maybe preventing some people from serious problems in old age. Makes you wish taxpayers were willing to invest a little in that kinda education, rather than just the "just say no" approach, maybe save a lot more tax dollars down the road when all those smokers get sick after a few decades from smokin' chore...
About the "purification" of the crack itself- what you described is called re-washing. Mostly, unless your stuff is dirty or cut to shit, it just removes some extra baking soda and doesnt make much of a difference.
Exactly -- the only point was to fix up some rocks that were just all cut to hell. I believe you can get a much better hit that way (i.e. IF you are starting from stuff that's shit to begin with, and then end up with something with much less extra soda that's really just functioning as extra weight), since so much of the crack high is getting the most concentrated volume of cocaine vapor into your lungs possible.

Recrystallize and turning back into base again, except REAL FreeBase This time, not ghetto crack. Wouldn't this result in extremely pure product?