Bluelight

Thread: choreboy and purifying crack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    choreboy and purifying crack 
    A few questions abt crack. Ive read some previous posts about these but would like to clarify.

1. Does the way you prepare the choreboy affect your experience? Like how much choreboy? How long do you heat it to take the copper or other covering off? How tightly do you fold it? If there is too much does it prevent one from inhaling the vapors?

2. There are a couple of threads about purifying crack by mixing it in water, heating it with a lighter or microwave and then letting it resolidify. Is there any consensus abt this? Does this really help? how many people here do this?

3. Ive just had a bellringer once. How can I get it? Is it just the quantity of crack or other things come into play?
    Thanks!

2. Collapse Details

What the hell is a choreboy?

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details

yea you wanna burn off all that copper and dont pack in the chore too tight just moderate pressure and about eighth inch or too your liking but i dont like too much your gonna push it anyways ha

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blonde View Post

Yeah, personally i wouldn't want that ChoreBoy stuff going into my lung's.

Who knows what's in that crap, and it's bad enough smoking crack anyway... no telling what's in crack.. could be anything from a piece of fingernail/toenail or a piece of soap or a shaving of soap.

Crack is one drug i will never try.
    Last edited by BlueberryfishY; 19-12-2010 at 13:49.

6. Collapse Details

Choreboy I was told had soap in it or some scrubbing aid,use plain old steel wool.And if you only have had one bellringer it may be shitty crack or maybe to little of the shitty crack.When you take a good hit hold in the smoke for as long as u can,like 15 seconds or until you cannot hold that any longer.When I used to smoke rock now and then I would get a hella bellringer by the time I was exhaling the crack smoke.

7. Collapse Details

I'm confused about how putting crack, which is almost completely insoluable in water, into water and then letting it resolidify would purify it.

I could be 100% wrong though. Not flaming you or bashing you, I just don't see how it would make sense. Just my thoughts.

I'm curious on how to purify crack, I'd love to do it myself.

8. Collapse Details

because it might dissolve when heated but quickly resolidifies on cooling as its insoluble. But the impurities will dissolve and then be less likely to resolidify.

i guess something like that..

9. Collapse Details

That makes sense. I've never had to purify my crack because I've always just rocked up my own coke.

Usually I'll do a wash of my coke if I wanna get some bomb ass rock.

As for bellringers, the quality obviously plays a pretty big role in it. If it was bunk it's gonna be hard to get a nicer ringer. A fat hit of some good crack should send you into a bellringing high.

10. Collapse Details

I dont fuck with the hard but I've been around it tons of times & I personally can cook soft to hard but if your trying to make your shit better, just throw your rock on a spoon, put a few drops of water, & heat it up until it goes back to an oil base.. Most people who do this just get the wet dope with a bobbypen or needle & put it on the chorboy wet, because alot of times when it re rocks if you dont heat long enough its pointless, besides if your putting the oil base in your stem your almost positive all your smoking is dope... But one down side if your getting dope cut to hell a 50 rock might come out to a 20 lol

11. Collapse Details

Ditto above.

I was one of the folks who started a "purifying crack by melting in water then cooling" thread. I guess purifying might be a misleading term, but it seems that most people who've tried it think it works when there's a lot of extra water-soluble matter mixed in with the rock [EDIT: i.e. baking soda and/or cut].

It won't always help. But if you melt it, as I understand it and feel it has worked for me, the oily drops that you get back still contain pretty much all the cocaine base, but have lost some of the grainy, "free" baking soda granules that are basically mixed into the rock, but not bound to cocaine.

I believe the result is usually a more concentrated product, which means higher concentration of coke in the lungs, and -- keep in mind -- more likelihood of getting too much in a hit and ODing or having other negative experiences.

I'm no chemist. And I don't do crack now. Just my two cents. Sorry if that's repetitive.

Yes, I think the consensus seemed to be it works on crack that is lower quality. Little or no improvement if the starting product is already good.

12. Collapse Details

dont need to purify the crack.... if it melts like wax its good, if it spatters then you need to find a new dealer. OFC you dont pack the choreboy or put alot of it because the longer it takes to hit the hotter the pipe will get and more risk of it breaking and you burning your lips and really looking like a crack head.

Also more then likely if you think you need to purify your crack then you shouldn't be doing it.... buy coke and make your own, because buying crack to make less crack makes no sense when you can buy coke.

13. Collapse Details

14. Collapse Details

Thanks for your replies guys.

Have another question abt the choreboy. even after youve burnt it to black, im sure it must give off a lot of harmful chemicals. Does any one know? If uve run out of crack and are just taking the last few hits with the residue in hope, i think it still gives you a funny smell and makes you a bit nauseated. May contribute to lung problems, or the chemicals in the blood or brain!

Any thoughts abt safer screens? Of course im going to look up the link above abt best pipe filters etc.

And an idea - like how about just have the single or double layer of chore boy wrapped on one end of the pipe, not inside it. then just put the rock on top and smoke it holding the glass tube up . so it doesnt fall down. so, at least you wont be gettting a lot of chorboy fumes. the liquid residue may not drip in with this. Any thoughts?

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimes View Post

And an idea - like how about just have the single or double layer of chore boy wrapped on one end of the pipe, not inside it. then just put the rock on top and smoke it holding the glass tube up . so it doesnt fall down. so, at least you wont be gettting a lot of chorboy fumes. the liquid residue may not drip in with this. Any thoughts?
    no...

your not supposed to be using constant direct flame on the crack..... your supposed to melt it on the chore then heat the the chore up till the crack evaporates.... lick the flame to the pipe while inhaling, dont suck on the pipe with the flame burning the dope and the chore boy..... omg

put the pipe down

16. Collapse Details

Have another question abt the choreboy. even after youve burnt it to black, im sure it must give off a lot of harmful chemicals. Does any one know? ... May contribute to lung problems, or the chemicals in the blood or brain!... Any thoughts abt safer screens? Of course im going to look up the link above abt best pipe filters etc.
    I have also always wondered about this. Will the original mid-80s generation of crack smokers be the first to start getting neurological disorders 30 years later? I mean, lead paint causes cognitive damage, aluminum is known to have a relationship with either parkinson's and/or alzheimer's later in life (forget which, or both), and it really seems like melting down copper screens -- basically inhaling molten micro-droplets of metal -- for years on end *might* lead to real degenerative CNS problems for ex-users when they get older. And scientists might not find out until the first generation reached their 50s ... That would be coming up soon, within a few years ... Like smoking cigs in youth, getting cancer in old age.
    Ok, maybe that's a gratuitous serving of hysteria with a steaming side of paranoia, but seems at least a remotely plausible hypothesis.

17. Collapse Details

^ Copper can cause problems in people who have a genetic defect that results in them not being able to clear it from the body properly. If you are unable to clear it, it can cause cirrhosis. I don't think there is any evidence for it being neurotoxic.

18. Collapse Details

Any thoughts abt safer screens? Of course im going to look up the link above abt best pipe filters etc.

The official harm reduction centers here (I live in the ghetto where crackheads roam freely) suggest using the small round screens instead of brillo or choreboy, mainly on account of the metal breaking up when its burned and then being inhaled into the lungs, but also to reduce the fumes and toxins.

They generally come in packs of 5, which you are supposed to use all at once to make a filter. Most people still choose to use brillo/choreboy. Ive used both, and both will break up. Avoid burning the screen/filter excessively, regardless of what its comprised of, keep it inside the pipe where its not in direct contact with the flame, and dont hold the stem upward!! Seriously, inhaling bits of metal or anything else that could fall down the pipe would be a real buzzkill.

If youre gunna be compuslively torching away like that you probably should also consider using some electrical tape on the opposite end of the pipe so you dont scorch your lips. The glass can heat up pretty rapidly!

More harm reduction info here (sources):

http://www.camh.net/about_addiction_...ight_talk.html

http://canadianharmreduction.com/rea...crack_kits.pdf

http://canadianharmreduction.com/rea...cts_crack2.pdf

The last link has some more detail about health issues resulting from toxins

About the "purification" of the crack itself- what you described is called re-washing. Mostly, unless your stuff is dirty or cut to shit, it just removes some extra baking soda and doesnt make much of a difference. Its only worth doing- IMHO- if you find a batch to be really sparky since many cutting agents arent water soluble. Ive tried it a few times and the only benefit I've found personally is how smoothly it melted, although I know some people with more experience who are fanatical about washing all their crack before they smoke it. If youre gunna do it though, Id strongly warn against using the microwave!
    Last edited by InsaneJane; 22-12-2010 at 07:47. Reason: Add link, remove broken link

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blonde View Post
    ^ Copper can cause problems in people who have a genetic defect that results in them not being able to clear it from the body properly...
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJane View Post
    The official harm reduction centers here (I live in the ghetto where crackheads roam freely) suggest using the small round screens instead of brillo or choreboy, mainly on account of the metal breaking up when its burned and then being inhaled into the lungs, but also to reduce the fumes and toxins...Seriously, inhaling bits of metal or anything else that could fall down the pipe would be a real buzzkill. .... [THANKS FOR THE HARM REDUCTION LINKS!] The last link has some more detail about health issues resulting from toxins
    Wow! Scary stuff, wish more people were getting that harm reduction info out there, maybe preventing some people from serious problems in old age. Makes you wish taxpayers were willing to invest a little in that kinda education, rather than just the "just say no" approach, maybe save a lot more tax dollars down the road when all those smokers get sick after a few decades from smokin' chore...
    About the "purification" of the crack itself- what you described is called re-washing. Mostly, unless your stuff is dirty or cut to shit, it just removes some extra baking soda and doesnt make much of a difference.
    Exactly -- the only point was to fix up some rocks that were just all cut to hell. I believe you can get a much better hit that way (i.e. IF you are starting from stuff that's shit to begin with, and then end up with something with much less extra soda that's really just functioning as extra weight), since so much of the crack high is getting the most concentrated volume of cocaine vapor into your lungs possible.

20. Collapse Details

Recrystallize and turning back into base again, except REAL FreeBase This time, not ghetto crack. Wouldn't this result in extremely pure product?

21. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by caseface99 View Post
    Recrystallize and turning back into base again, except REAL FreeBase This time, not ghetto crack. Wouldn't this result in extremely pure product?
    Oh, yeah, most definitely! Le Junk's method always looked really sharp to me (a non-chemist, but able to get the jist of his explanation), and I believe that yes, you do get a qualitatively better product.

The "melt in water/collect the oil/then dry" procedure is simply a quick and dirty way to rinse out some of the water-soluble "surface" gunk that has basically dried onto/been mixed in with the rock when it was first produced (that's my understanding). Like you say, "ghetto" (and proud of it, haha)

Where I lived back in the day, people used to do the old melt & dry whenever they took a blast & could tell the stuff was too diluted to ever get the sought-after master blaster -- the good, concentrated hit, achieving the "ringer" -- no matter how big of a hit you took. Too "bakingsodafied," mixed with too much other shit (from what a couple pro cookers once told me, you don't even wanna know what else they use!).
    Same principle as requiring a very particular kind of pipe -- basically it can't let in any excess air, and has to have a diameter within a narrow range. Bad pipes don't allow concentrated enough smoke, no matter the hit size, for tolerant users.

So everyone would down-and-dirty-hot water-rinse the h2o-soluble gunk out, wait a minute for the oil to dry, and hit again. Just remove the unbound, soluble adultertants that are "stuck" to/mixed with the product by strictly mechanical means (that's my best interpretation, being a complete non-chemist). Almost inevitably it would be better. BUT one can only improve it so far with this method (a second wash won't help).

So:
    Win for Le Junk (& caseface99). Unless you're lazy, unskilled, or fiending NOW NOW NOWNOW FASTER FASTERNOWNOW...
    Know 'm sayin?

p.s. careful folks, a slightly more concentrated hit of crack can be exponentially more powerful, and take you by surprise. have a healthy level of worry. your brain can "pop" and you end up in real trouble (that's the technical diagnosis)

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by socio View Post
    Wow! Scary stuff, wish more people were getting that harm reduction info out there, maybe preventing some people from serious problems in old age. Makes you wish taxpayers were willing to invest a little in that kinda education, rather than just the "just say no" approach, maybe save a lot more tax dollars down the road when all those smokers get sick after a few decades from smokin' chore...

Exactly -- the only point was to fix up some rocks that were just all cut to hell. I believe you can get a much better hit that way (i.e. IF you are starting from stuff that's shit to begin with, and then end up with something with much less extra soda that's really just functioning as extra weight), since so much of the crack high is getting the most concentrated volume of cocaine vapor into your lungs possible.
    Yeah, Im quite impressed by all the services that I have discovered here - both through gov't and charitable organizations but Im not sure how people are supposed to find them since there doesnt seem to be much publicity. In theory the Canadian Gov't supports harm reduction but realisticly public healthcare is not on board. Ive gotten more information about harm reduction measures/sources from dealers than I have from any professionals Ive asked. The message is still very much "just say no" and that if you use drugs you are a helpless lost cause of your own volition, especially when it comes to crack. I dont think many people believe that crack smokers will even live long enough to worry about anything longterm...so much stigma...makes it hard to spread the word

On that note, good thing for this site! I never considered the concentration factor. Aside from inducing a simulated mini-stroke, is there any benefit?
    Last edited by InsaneJane; 22-12-2010 at 19:05.

23. Collapse Details

Canadian Gov't supports harm reduction but realisticly public healthcare is not on board. ... message is still very much "just say no" and that if you use drugs you are a helpless lost cause of your own volition, especially when it comes to crack....so much stigma...
    Yup, crack -- crack in America, probly most of all -- is hyperstigmatized. The term "crackhead" -- for most people it doesn't even refer to human beings, but a kind of predatory inner-city zombie that lives to rape white girls and rob everyone, killing when possible. Provide treatment for the devil's minions on Earth?! Not in the USA!!! Maybe just a little in Canada and some other places. But it's basically a worldwide stigma.
    I never considered the concentration factor. Aside from inducing a simulated mini-stroke, is there any benefit?
    Oh yeah, concentration is a huge factor in smoking crack. Thick smoke (vapor) is necessary for the most intense hits. That's the main reason you can't do it nearly as well on foil or hot-knifing as you can using a glass pipe -- the strongest hits are thick like milkshakes. And, if you get much air in your hit, you won't get the same rush. You'll actually get a more intense hit if you stop as soon as the vapor in the pipe starts to thin out than if you keep heating and pulling the hit -- you'll consume more total vapor, but proportionately more air. I don't know the physiological details, just the practical technique. A really thick hit of crack vapor from a narrow, glass pipe is the strongest -- and also the most dangerous. I'm not sure if it was a stroke (the docs ran CT scans on my brain a buncha times), but I had something like that with a "perfect" hit once. Like breathing in a lungful of creamy crack sauce -- then *poof* I'm on the ground, almost paralyzed, no idea where I am, who I am, what's happening.... Several days in the hospital, couldn't really walk very well at first actually.
    P.s. that was a couple years ago, and I pretty much quit after that. Can't remember last time I smoked, snorted, or slammed coke.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by socio View Post
    Yup, crack -- crack in America, probly most of all -- is hyperstigmatized. The term "crackhead" -- for most people it doesn't even refer to human beings, but a kind of predatory inner-city zombie that lives to rape white girls and rob everyone, killing when possible. Provide treatment for the devil's minions on Earth?! Not in the USA!!! Maybe just a little in Canada and some other places. But it's basically a worldwide stigma.
    Haha, oooh yes, precisely ...and thats not even touching on the inferior female counterpart known as the "crackwhore"- the ultimate shame. Provide treatment for the scum causing TERRORISM!!! lmao...seriously though that description was gold!

Oh yeah, concentration is a huge factor in smoking crack. Thick smoke (vapor) is necessary for the most intense hits. That's the main reason you can't do it nearly as well on foil or hot-knifing as you can using a glass pipe -- the strongest hits are thick like milkshakes. And, if you get much air in your hit, you won't get the same rush. You'll actually get a more intense hit if you stop as soon as the vapor in the pipe starts to thin out than if you keep heating and pulling the hit -- you'll consume more total vapor, but proportionately more air. I don't know the physiological details, just the practical technique. A really thick hit of crack vapor from a narrow, glass pipe is the strongest -- and also the most dangerous. I'm not sure if it was a stroke (the docs ran CT scans on my brain a buncha times), but I had something like that with a "perfect" hit once. Like breathing in a lungful of creamy crack sauce -- then *poof* I'm on the ground, almost paralyzed, no idea where I am, who I am, what's happening.... Several days in the hospital, couldn't really walk very well at first actually.
    P.s. that was a couple years ago, and I pretty much quit after that. Can't remember last time I smoked, snorted, or slammed coke.
    Im not contending that concentration is a factor, but Im wondering what benefits this factor could incurr other than the bellringing and floor hitting (neither are really harm reduction ) for example, less fiending, less appetite (harm reduction, i swear!) ummm that kinda stuff. The secondary affect if you will.

PS and TOT:
    This is unrelated but didnt want to start a new thread for my ridiculous crackhead fail. Im hoping maybe Im not the only one this happens to. I somehow repeatedly continue to have crack fall, drip, spill, splatter, fly and sometimes blow up all over everywhere no matter what. Just fell on my hand holding the lighter, then onto and into the lighter. It often falls directly into the lighter producing a minor explosion. Or on the floor, tables, clothes, computer, drinks....etc. Its not due to a crazy cut, I have a good batch right now that melted like butter no spark but its been a problem since my first time and has continued with all different types of product, screens, pipes you get the idea. Howwwww do I fix this???
    Last edited by InsaneJane; 23-12-2010 at 17:14.

25. Collapse Details

The purifying bit is just "recooking". By recooking you eliminate excess bicarbonate and other fillers. If these are inert, ie do not interfere with the high, getting rid of them is not essential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast