• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Orange Juice and Ecstasy

Fruit juices are a dangerous combination with many drugs including MDMA. Depending on various genetic factors it can result in a overdose causing death. Its really not a good idea, take the number of pills you feel safe with and leave the juice out of the picture. You have no idea how the juice will affect the metabolism of the drug in your body or even that day. When/If MDMA were a prescription medication i am very confident it would carry a don't take with juice warning.

Be safe, just because other people do it and talk about it doesn't make it smart or safe.

are you serious?

are you serious?

completely.. I invite you to my review linked essay and its references, I am quite confident that my conclusion, with the available data, is sound. It would be interesting to see a human study done on this, but I expect the drug manufactures to come to the same conclusion without a study when MDMA is a regulated pharmaceutical.

Grapefruit juice prior to drop apparently (somewhat) inhibits the enzymes in the liver that metabolize mdma, so in theory there will be more available mdma in your body for an extended period of time. Difference is probably negligible though.

Grapefruit juice prior to drop apparently (somewhat) inhibits the enzymes in the liver that metabolize mdma, so in theory there will be more available mdma in your body for an extended period of time. Difference is probably negligible though.

Grapefruit juice has been shown to reduce the turnover of the liver enzymes in question by as much as 4 fold [1]. I would hardly call that negligible.

References:
[1]Yang, J., Liao, Et. All. (2008). Cytochrome P450 Turnover: Regulation of Synthesis and Degradation, Methods for Determining Rates, and Implications for the Prediction of Drug Interactions. Current Drug Metabolism, 9(5), 384-393

Orange juice contains vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that will aid your brain in reducing dopamine oxidation during your roll.

Drinking a glass of orange juice pre-roll is beneficial for you.

i cant believe this thread pops up with such regularity on this board, and people still refuse to believe the facts

OJ doesnt help a roll. In fact, there is some evidence it goes the other way. It is healthy, no one is saying it isnt, but it doesnt do shit. read the thread, there are links in it. or UTFSE

Honestly. Orange juice really does keep the kick going.

Countless times i've eaten Clementines (since im asian haha) and rolled. That just for the eating and to help with the jaw jittering, I drink orange juice (I prefer minimum pulp Tropicana) . Def keeps the roll going.

I remember waking up and still having the partial highs in me. So i accidently drank some oj at ihop with my family the next morning, BOOOM. I was like "dad. drive. can't drive. sorry."

Last edited:
I take vit c, 5htp, and zinc the day of my roll and then 5htp during my comedown. It seems to help me. I'd just rather have some vitamins in my system so my body can repair after taking a beating during a whole night of raving.. especially since I find it hard to eat the next day. Even if it doesn't help I still think it's a good idea so why the hell not? Lol

It really depends on the person, I remember people used to always tell me when we first started rolling that orange juice(Vitamin C) will make you roll harder. So when we were rolling and drank orange juice we felt as if it made us roll more hard, it's the placebo effect.

Well whether or not it helps or hinders your roll, drinking orange juice is never a bad thing lol. And maybe it's one of those things that varies from person to person. Seems to be that way from the split in responses

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_article3.shtml

As with humans, rats given two doses of MDMA within a short period of time experience substantially reduced experiential effects from the second administration. In rats, this occurs even when the doses are spread a week apart. Because a rat's metabolism is much faster than that of a human, one week may represent an even longer recovery period in humans.

A paper published in early 2001 by Shankaran, Yamamoto, and Gudelsky not only confirmed the previous work showing that antioxidants prevent serotonin depletion, but found that rats given ascorbic acid (vitamin C) with their MDMA and then given another dose of MDMA a week later had stronger effects during the second experience than rats who did not receive ascorbic acid the first week. This means that antioxidants administered with MDMA may not only reduce neurotoxicity, but may also decrease the reduction in effects experienced with a second dose a week later.

While we don't know everything there is to know about vitamin c's roll with mdma, you can't 100% correctly say that orange juice or vitamin c won't help.

to the OP: If you want to drink orange juice pre-roll, go for it. I've rolled 9 times in total now, and my best roll of them all was the only night I dropped my molly in orange juice. I've never seen evidence stating that orange juice will diminish the effects of a roll.

I don't know about orange juice, but when you're peaked, pop about 3-4 vitamin c pills and watch how fucking high you get... xD

I don't know about orange juice, but when you're peaked, pop about 3-4 vitamin c pills and watch how fucking high you get... xD

I would probably want to avoid going much over 1000mg, but that may be arguable as well. Just seems like a 1000mg pill would be more than enough for any effects that Vitamin C would give you.

I would probably want to avoid going much over 1000mg, but that may be arguable as well. Just seems like a 1000mg pill would be more than enough for any effects that Vitamin C would give you.

I don't really know the amount of vitamin C that you can absorb at one time, but I do know that taking vitamin C with ALA can increase the life cycle of said vitamin C, so maybe instead of taking more vitamin C, you can take a reasonable dose of it plus ALA.

Drank OJ once near the end of the roll, sort of had me rolling again but I'm not really sure. Tried other times and felt nothing. If it does do anything, it's not major, and things like quality pills, state of mind, diet, sleep, environment, will have a much stronger effect on your rolls.