• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Amfonelic acid II

one of the amfonelic acid refs said it lacked antibiotic effects, cbf looking up the citation right now

interesting if it has become available in bulk, apparently the synthesis scale up is extremely challenging

"substantially similar.
MIC for amfonelic acid is much higher than Nalidixic acid, but it can induce the same efflux pumps."

i suppose you're right, however i aint too apt in molecular comparisons. either way, that's something to definitely be slightly concerned about.

"it most likely takes the form of fake cathinone-prolintane-etc containing junk from China."

...there you're probably right too and that's another concern cause i know of no protocol for testing purity of this particular substance. there are suppliers outside of china, not that this would make me comfortable enough to simply skip testing. perhaps forwarding a small piece to a laboratory here in the states would be the responsible thing to do, hopefully they'd have access to protocol since information on AFA is strewn about the web and i'm sure a report could be bought for them to reference. beforehand, i'd be looking for a "lab rat" to toot that shit, nah mean?

lucifer87;9160284 ...there you're probably right too and that's another concern cause i know of no protocol for testing purity of this particular substance. there are suppliers outside of china said:
human testing before you know what the substance actually is, really really stupid. this is a harm reduction forum and that is not harm reduction.
with that last sentence you are also treading on very thin ice generally.

v

ok, well confirmation THEN the lab rat. good thinking, that's why i fucks with this forum... needed that=D

...ok, so interest has evaporeted. Perhaps, someone could speculate on pharmacodynamics based on AFA's chemical structure?

i wonder if the DA reuptake inhibition is mainly in the reward pathway? seems the abstracts i've read had microdialysis probes in or near those pathways only (striatum, olfactory tubercle and nucleus accumbens)

so, would anyone risk trying this stuff or am i just making a big mistake considering this here?

so, would anyone risk trying this stuff or am i just making a big mistake considering this here?

only you can make that decision. nobody else can tell you because it is you that has to face the consequences especially as you don't know what the material is actually.

roll the dice if you like, but don't come back here and complain if it goes wrong.

well that would be dependant on the source of course. i wonder what the best way to verify a substance is while taking MINIMAL risk of getting punched in the groin and cuffed to your ankles by the feds. i say that cause if it is indeed adulterated, then you could only hope the adulterant is legal. also, a comparison standard would need to be obtained and there'd be a chance it aint legit either as the only reputable chemical supplier with it in their catalog (SigmaAldrich) no longer supply that shit (which in and of itself is interesting). perhaps walking into a lab with a ratchet, buying instructions for a testing procedure online (from a trusted source), having it run through a mass spectrometer and insisting :)X) on leaving with the substance is viable (if of course you keep your name hidden). the risk we take...:\

perhaps walking into a lab with a ratchet, buying instructions for a testing procedure online (from a trusted source), having it run through a mass spectrometer and insisting :)X) on leaving with the substance is viable (if of course you keep your name hidden). the risk we take...:\
Nonsense!

I was comparing the effects of cocaine and amfonelic acid on DA uptake in a lab report obtained from a medical center and it was 20% baseline when cocaine was somewhere between 35-38% (both were measured in the nucleus accumbens). That in and of itself does indeed suggest major potency and I would consider that a reason to not have it on the pharmaceutical market despite its antibiotic uses... basically god damn, imagine something bout 25% (based on my reading which could certainly be flawed) MORE potent than cocaine by weight at producing euphoria.

I think there are reports by people who have taken it. 25mg seems usual. Duration 6 hours. It sounds good, apart from it's antibiotic activity which is an issue.

Yep, i've read the same and saw mention of the long (12 hr) half-life. I'm not sure if you've read the early posts but the antibiotic activity and the associated dangers are a matter of opinion. In fact many psychotropic agents both natural and synthetic have similar properties.