• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Methoxetamine (MXE) - first time - medium dose, kinda like ket but slightly different

k.bear

Bluelighter
Compound: Methoxetamine (2-(3-methoxyphenyl)-2-(ethylamino)cyclohexanone)

Description of drug: White powder, quite fine.

My previous drug experience: have taken MDMA and ecstacy waaay too much over the past 8 years or so. Recently experimented with 2C-E and 2C-C quite a bit. Weed, obviously. Have taken ketamine a reasonable amount over the past 3 or so years but not too much; might have a tiny tolerance but not very much as good ket still knocks me out with just a couple bumps. Have only K-holed a handful of times, by accident, although the last experience has left me wanting to do it on purpose.

About me: Male, mid-20s, reasonably good health (although went through a horrible benzo withdrawal last year which left me with stomach issues) - 165cm height, 64kg weight.

ALLERGY TESTING / LOW DOSE

I've been eagerly awaiting MXE since reading the main thread on Bluelight. I was skeptical at first but the reports that I have read (especially since the "official" vendors have started selling this week) have intrigued me. I ordered 500mg and it arrived on Wednesday afternoon.

My scales aren't great (they're £20 cheapie mg scales accurate to perhaps +/- 5mg) but I think that they're plenty accurate enough for this compound.

I was at home during the day so I did an allergy test of about 3mg. No effect, which was reassuring.

About an hour later I did about 10mg. I thought that a small dose would be the next logical step seeing as this is a brand spanking new RC, after all. My head felt very cloudy; it was kind of like ket to be honest. It wasn't fantastic; not particularly bad, per se, but not particularly enjoyable either.

I took a couple of valium as my head was feeling all fuggy (plus I just received 20x 10mg Valium in the mail and I really like Valium) and this sorted me out. I felt quite serene if anything.

I faffed around for a bit - cleaned the house, prepared dinner; my girlfriend came home; we ate; and then the MXE testing began proper.

THE EXPERIENCE

T+0:00 - Insufflated 20mg. My girlfriend didn't want to do any tonight as she has work tomorrow and is far more sensible than I, but she snorted a 3mg allergy test so that she can join me in further experimentation on Friday evening.

T+0:20 - Feel kinda light-headed. Watching Desperate Housewives (yeah I know). Colours kinda brighter.

T+0:45 - Definitely feeling a bit wonky now. Walking feels very bouncy but is easier than on large-ish amounts of K (where I would frequently bang into walls making my way to the toilet). Desperate Housewives is finished; girlfriend is now wrapping Christmas presents. I rack up 2x 10mg lines and insufflate one of them.

T+1:15 - I insufflate the other 10mg line.

T+1:45 - Watching Ugly Betty (don't start). It's very colourful. Wasn't feeling much of an opoid effect up until now but I feel kinda warm and fuzzy. Not as much as I would with actual opiates, but it's alright. At this point I do a double nitrous oxide balloon; it's pretty nice. When I come back to reality I tell me girlfriend that I felt like I was trapped inside a glass chopping board. It made sense at the time.

T+3:15 - Watching Flight of the Conchords now. Insufflate another 20mg. "Too Many Dicks on the Dancefloor" (a classic FOTC song) comes on; I pause it, load up a single NO2 balloon, resume play, and inhale. I remember feeling like another inanimate object but can't remember what. NO2 whilst on MXE is fun.

T+4:00 - Bedtime now. Lying in bed is quite nice. I remember thinking that I feel like a piece of toast. I don't know why but for some reason MXE makes me feel like inanimate objects. I usually have trouble sleeping, and was hopeful that MXE would help me fall asleep quicker (because ketamine knocks me out and gives me what I like to call "rainbow dreams") but this did not happen. It didn't keep me awake longer however, it just didn't seem to affect my sleep patterns that much. Also, lying in bed was nice; I felt like I was floating for a bit. Plus I was a slice of toast for a brief period of time, which was nice.

SUMMARY

I insufflated a total of 60mg over 4 hours. It was pretty good fun but definitely not a full-on experience. That said, it was a Wednesday night and I wasn't looking for interplanetary space travel.

On Friday I'm going to up the dose to 50mg insufflated at once and see what that does. My girlfriend will probably try a lower sublingual dose. If 50mg insufflated doesn't work for me then I'll explore some other options (snort another 50mg? take another 50mg sublingual?) - we'll see. I want space travel dammit.

I'll report back.

If Friday night works out then I'll probably buy another 2g as I'm sure that this stuff will be made illegal in the coming months. I'm quite optimistic as to its potential and would like to stockpile (I really regret not bulk buying mephedrone before the ban... loved that stuff!)

Tagged by bindingaffinity
substancecode_mxe
substancecode_achs
substancecode_dissociatives
substancecode_nitrous
_combo_
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
roacode_nasal

Last edited:
Sounds good. I've only tried some low doses, but they're been very nice all the same.

Walking feels very bouncy but is easier than on large-ish amounts of K (where I would frequently bang into walls making my way to the toilet)
I am instantly reminded of the time i ran into a wall at warp speed while on k. Hey, running felt fun, and the wall looked further away than it really was....

nice report, I'm curious now!! will be awaiting your next report =D

Sounds good. I've only tried some low doses, but they're been very nice all the same.

Based on further experimentation (3 purely with MXE, 1 with lots of 2C-E and a decent amount of MXE - most of them documented here on Bluelight) I have come to the conclusion that for me at least, less is more with MXE.

My last high dose of MXE - 90mg insufflated at once (no trip report) made me feel positively sick after a while. Watching The Princess and the Frog (wicked Disney film, quite dark in places and at times quite the departure from their usual animation style - but I digress) was wicked fun, but the sickness set in afterwards. I wasn't good for anything else and had to go to bed. Mind you, I had a heavy night previously so that might have played a factor.

So yeah, I'm all about taking little bumps here and there and feeling mildly confused with reality. 'Tis cool :)

bear - would you say this could be fun to combine with a stimulant? cheers.

There's a reported death from combining MXE with a stimulant. The only reported death currently to MXE's name.

I would seriously advise against it.

I posed the exact same question here.

There's a reported death from combining MXE with a stimulant. The only reported death currently to MXE's name.

I would seriously advise against it.

Yep, wise advice. Exercise extreme caution. This is a Very New Drug.

This is why we're asking questions on the internet about it, after all.

I tested MXE some times too.

Without Politox:
50-150mg MXE insufflated, the lower dose ranges (50-75mg) are like a small dose of DXM.
Over 75mg it is really like high dose of DXM without side effect and ups and downs, which is "regular" on a Dex-Trip.

I have the feeling it is that what real K / Dex-Users did wait for...

An antidepressant effect or analgesic effect (with doses at <50 mg) in my "normal life" is not noticable for me...

I've taken mxe 4 or 5 times and it's great. I highly recommend it. I usually take 25 mg or 50. I have combined it with Molly once or twice and it worked great, I didn't die. I would also like to say it mixes with 2ce really well. Totally recommend it in every way

Oh yeah and I think mxe is just a drug that's meant to be snorted. It doesn't hurt at all and the high is better if you ask me. It's strange how much it doesn't hurt

I tried MXE two days ago. I decided to research what the hell I had taken and saw this thread. After an argument with my gf I took it upon myself to snort a line of 'new ketamine'. I had a 340mg line in one hit. 5 minutes later I plunged straight into a F**K of a K-hole or M-hole. I dont remember the next 3 hours, apparently I was crying into my hands. The house was trashed, I had torn paper apart to a million pieces, it looked like snow in places. Totally mad, i lost the plot. After the 3 hours passed by I became aware I was in another crazy reality. I couldnt remember what I took and was very confused. Infact anything remotely human had now gone out the window. Every now and then I would be aware of who i am and realise something wasn't quite right. The trip got so intsense i would pass out. I remember around 13/14 moments of awareness.

The first thing i remember is all the colours of the carpet swirled together and shooting into my eyes, exploding out of the back of my head, which I can only describe as where im going when i die.

I tried to make sense of my bedroom, but the angles were all messed up and i was seeing up down left right and behind at the same time, i guess my head was swinging around all over the place. It got more and more intense until I turned into energy and vibrations and nothing more. I spent some time after this panicking bouncing between different realitys. Thinking i was back on the planet only to realise for the 100th time i was wrong.

After some time I came to for a short while, I was sat on my bed looking at my hands, i thought to myself, this isnt ketamine, i've been spiked with acid. There was 2cb's at the party earlier that night, i also thought possible i had snorted that having never tried it. Anyway i was looking at my hands, they looked amazing!! I managed to stand, i looked down at my feet. I was the shape of a pyramid as was the rest of my room. My muscles were solid as a rock, I roured out like a mad mad, with feelings of nucleour strength power. It reminded me of the new x-men film with the guy who shoots energy from a plate on his chest. In fact i know this film influenced that part of my trip. That alone was worth the 10 hours of fear i went through. It was truly amazing. It then once again got too intense, i passed out and once again found myself fighting my way back to reality.

I MUST ADD IMPORTANTLY.... I soon accepted i wasnt coming back, that i had destroyed my mind for good. I began to imagine blood flowing from my throat. If i was capable of moving or finding an impliment to do this, i wouldnt be here writing this. At that time dying felt like a wonderful thing to do. I was convinced the feeling of blood flowing from my neck would be the best feeling ever. I feel extremely lucky right now that didn't happen. People will kill themselves on this drug for sure.

I was later found by my gf who came home around 6/7 in the morning. I told her triangles were coming out of my mouth. My muscles where violently shaking head to foot. She gave me 2mg of diazepam to calm that down. Thank f**k for that. It was difficult to swallow because my throat was inside out on the outside of my body. Very strange feeling!!

I slowly started to come around by 8am. It slowly got weaker and weaker. Much like the felling when you come around off Ketamine. Except MXE was dragged out for 2 or 3 hours. It wasnt the most pleasant of times but barable. By 11am i felt ok. Talking to my now very concerned house mates, Telling them mixed feelings of ' It was so intensely horrifying, never again' to 'that was truly amazing, as stupid as my decision was to snort that amount I do not regret a second of it'.

I think on its own this could be a relativly safe drug to take, or maybe i was lucky, I dont know. I do worry about people unknowingly taking MXE thinking its something else. An average Cocaine sized line will send you into 8-10 hours of violent hallucinations. Anything could happen to you. I thought it was ketamine. I like ketamine, i enjoy K-holes but i was totally blown away by MXE. I really didnt expect that at all. It was scary. I dont advise anyone to try is purely for your own sanity. On the other hand if your an extreme K-hole chaser, in large doses this is deff your drug and much safer to your insides in the long run.

Would i do it again?

Possably, with an understanding of what im getting into maybe i could enjoy it a lot more next time round. One thing for sure its not going to be any time soon.

I hope this helps and gives you a better understanding. I have yet to hear of someone taking more in one dose. 100mg being considered a high dose? I accidentally took 3 times that.

Good luck ;)

Feel free to ask me more questions, i have no where near completely covered everything. Im still trying to remember it all. [email protected]

Oh yeah and I think mxe is just a drug that's meant to be snorted. It doesn't hurt at all and the high is better if you ask me. It's strange how much it doesn't hurt

Disagree. I found when I dissolved it in a cup of water and chased it with orange juice, minx came on more quickly and it was much more efficient.

The first thing i remember is all the colours of the carpet swirled together and shooting into my eyes, exploding out of the back of my head, which I can only describe as where im going when i die.

haha yes! i remember my first time i foolishly did too much. the results were so absurd i just accepted i was dead. it was like, "so this is death. no big deal." one thing i remember about that state was i felt completely naked and unprotected like i was standing before god waiting to suffer my punishment. it was as though god was asking me all these personal questions and i had no choice but to be honest even thought it hurt me to do so. it broke me and i told it everything it wanted to know, even though it already knew and just wanted me to admit my secrets for myself. very cleansing experience.

Last edited: