• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to snort Suboxone film. Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

manwithaplan

Bluelighter
I've always hated having Suboxone under my tongue, I feel like it hardly works when compared to snorting it. Is there any way to snort these film? I heard mixing it with a drop of water or so but that's like sniffing goo, which seems really terrible, haha. What can I do?

turn it into a liguid solution and inject/snort that liquid solution.

I use an oral syringe.
.3ML of water,sometimes .2 per 1mlg of Bup.

I mix it in a spoon,draw it up,put the needless syringe in my nose tily my head back and snort the soluton LIGHTLY.

turn it into a liguid solution and inject/snort that liquid solution.

I use an oral syringe.
.3ML of water,sometimes .2 per 1mlg of Bup.

I mix it in a spoon,draw it up,put the needless syringe in my nose tily my head back and snort the soluton LIGHTLY.

Hello. I've been lurking around Bluelight for quite some time, just never posted.

I'm on Suboxone film as well, my doctor recently switched us all from the tablets to the film. I, too, am interested in snorting the film.

How well does snorting the film work in the way you described? Is it any stronger? When I snorted the tablets, I definetly could tell it had more pronounced effects. Is it the same with the film?

Last edited:
ill agree, when i used to be on the suboxone tablets, i used to get euphoria and high from snorting 2mg, over time snorting it didnt do anything different then sublingual, when i did sublingual being nieve to it, i just got the classic opiate effects with no euphoria as snorting it did. but im NOW on the mindframe to take suboxone for 1. to stay off heroin/opiates, also blocking effects of any opiates, 2. it gives me energy and mood enhancing qualities. im on 20mg bupe daily, but i dont like to take more than 8mg at once, ill get headaches and have irritability, only in the morning i can take 8mg and be fine, usually i take 4mg at a time. Lets all face the music people if ur on sub strips and trying to find ways to snort it, obviously that drug addict seeking behavior is still carrying you, people trying to put the FILM in a nasal spray bottle, etc..
Even if you were to get the film strip in a nasal bottle, BE CAREFUL if you sniff too hard, you will bypass the mucous membranes in your nose and end up having it go to ur throat , to ur stomach thus wasting bupe. just take the films for what they are RX'ed for, once inawhilw ill get tablets from ppl whose doc hasnt given them film strips and snort 2mg at a time, other then that i just take it for what i mentioned above

Even if you were to get the film strip in a nasal bottle, BE CAREFUL if you sniff too hard, you will bypass the mucous membranes in your nose and end up having it go to ur throat , to ur stomach thus wasting bupe. just take the films for what they are RX'ed for, once inawhilw ill get tablets from ppl whose doc hasnt given them film strips and snort 2mg at a time, other then that i just take it for what i mentioned above

That's what I've been doing. When I want to abuse the subs, I'll trade a strip to a friend who has the tablets still and I'll snort that.

I'm just wondering how well it will work.

Personally, I've never been good at snorting liquid. It usually all goes down to my stomach because I DO snort it a little to hard, like you mentioned.

Also, and not to derail this thread, is it true that snorting 2mg is more beneficial than say, 8mg?

ID SAY SNORTNG 8MG U def WILL WASTE MOST OF IT AND IT GO DOWN TO UR BELLY, plus 2mg believe it or not is alot of powder, it sucks for me, cuz with my nose one nostril is always plugged leaving one clear, oddly one day my left nostril is plugged, next day its the right one, but on stimulants both clear up...but anyways sniffing a quarter of a sub (2mg) actually is a lot of pwder, soi take my time, if i were to sniff 8mg, lol if waste it all

you asked if snorting 2mg is more beneficial then snorting 8mg: my opinion: YES for the reason less powder going thru ur nose and absobing in ur mucous membraines, verse snorting 8mg, only so much will be absorbed by ur membranes, while rest goes to waste. Now as taking lower doses of suboxone like 2mg being more beneficial then 8mg: Yes and No, The more suboxone you take at one time, you will expereince some of the bad side effects such as headaches, irritablity, trouble sleeping, with 2mgs you avoid all nasty side effects and will feel a buzz, and for NO my reasoning is because someone people take up to 32mgs subs a day (4 pills), if they were to take 2mg then Withdrawl would DEF occur as such a huge drop in dose...for me personally on suboxone, i can handle 8mg at once without side effects, if i dose 2 subs at once or 1 and a half ill feel the bad side effects, but if i take benzos with it i dont feel the bad side effects and actually feel better

that less is better is bullshit with suboxone, unless people mean that by saving on suboxone and stocking up and making an 8mg pill last 4 days, or keeping your tolerance down/still being able to get high on opiates because 2mgs u cn bust thru for sure, even 4mg. i taken 10mg bupe one morning, shot 3 bags heroin later that evening still got high. 16mgs or more all opiates will be blocked..anyone care to share there opinion on why dosing less is better?

you asked if snorting 2mg is more beneficial then snorting 8mg: my opinion: YES for the reason less powder going thru ur nose and absobing in ur mucous membraines, verse snorting 8mg, only so much will be absorbed by ur membranes, while rest goes to waste. Now as taking lower doses of suboxone like 2mg being more beneficial then 8mg: Yes and No, The more suboxone you take at one time, you will expereince some of the bad side effects such as headaches, irritablity, trouble sleeping, with 2mgs you avoid all nasty side effects and will feel a buzz, and for NO my reasoning is because someone people take up to 32mgs subs a day (4 pills), if they were to take 2mg then Withdrawl would DEF occur as such a huge drop in dose...for me personally on suboxone, i can handle 8mg at once without side effects, if i dose 2 subs at once or 1 and a half ill feel the bad side effects, but if i take benzos with it i dont feel the bad side effects and actually feel better

that less is better is bullshit with suboxone, unless people mean that by saving on suboxone and stocking up and making an 8mg pill last 4 days, or keeping your tolerance down/still being able to get high on opiates because 2mgs u cn bust thru for sure, even 4mg. i taken 10mg bupe one morning, shot 3 bags heroin later that evening still got high. 16mgs or more all opiates will be blocked..anyone care to share there opinion on why dosing less is better?

I take 24mg a day (8mg strips, 3x/day). The reason why I asked if 2mg is more beneficial wasn't exactly because of the powder/mucus absorbtion issue. I remember reading somewhere that bupe changes to another sub-chemical of itself, (kind of like heroin changes to morphine in the brain) thus providing a bigger buzz. I believe it was another site someone knew all the technicalities as to why 2mg is MORE beneficial for a buzz than 8mg.

I can try and find the post, I just don't know if I'm allowed to provide links to other drug forums on Bluelight.

And that's interesting you get major side effects taking 8mg at a time, such as irritability. I notice I can be a bit irritable the hour before I'm supposed to take my next dose.

Edit: I found my source. The reason why smaller doses are key to a glow is because buprenorphine, being a partial agonist is a prodrug to norbuprenorphine, which is a FULL mu-opioid agonist. Lower doses apparently allow more of the prodrug to fill the mu receptors. Where as higher doses will fill all the receptors with buprenorphine, not allowing the prodrug norbupe to enter the receptors.

I don't know if that's 100% true or not, but it makes some sense. At least to me...

I think that 2mg's of Suboxone are just as much beneficial as 8mg. I get about the same mood lift from both doses. I'm on 2mg and I didn't feel much withdrawals at all from tapering down from 16mg. However, once you taper down to 1mg it gets a little rougher, not horrible but you nitice the withdrawals.

But anyway, I don't see any reason to increase my 2mg dose to anything higher. I feel better that if I'm low I won't have to worry about as much withdrawals as you'd get from having to go cold turkey from 16 or 24mg.

I have just been prescribed the suboxone film, the only way to snort these would be to add water to it, and from there snort the gel/goo?....Can't you just cut it up into tiny pieces and snort? I would def like some input for i am new to both suboxone and bluelight...

No one has been able to say with any certainty whether or not suboxone can be taken more effectively in the nose than under the tongue, right? For the life of me I cannot find an answer to this question anywhere, and it looks to me like it is just a matter of preference/opinion.

suboxone...

I know with the tablets you can snort, but the new film is the question...

To the person that asked, I can say for sure with 100% confidence that snorting 1/3rd of a sub feels like 1/2 taken sublingually.

That is, 2.666mg snorted feels like 4mg sublingual.

Also, you get a faster onset of effects - for me it starts at 30-45 minutes instead of 60-75 minutes for sublingual administration. Also, just for reference, I read a usenet post from someone who injects a full tablet daily, he said the effects were felt in 5 minutes.

For those curious about the naloxone, buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity - so basically they can both be floating around in your bloodstream and when they come to a mu-receptor the bupe will always win.

Last edited:
Snorting Suboxone FiLm

I've always hated having Suboxone under my tongue, I feel like it hardly works when compared to snorting it. Is there any way to snort these film? I heard mixing it with a drop of water or so but that's like sniffing goo, which seems really terrible, haha. What can I do?

I think you may have used too little water, next time try using about 3 drops of water. Its seems to work better for me, I just tilt my head back using an oral syringe just breathing in through the nose. You DONT have to technically "snort" the liquid, just breathing in is enough to get the Sub to the membranes. I had been taking the film for 2months and feeling like I needed more and more to feel "normal"...then I discovered this method and suddenly feel better, go figure!! Take care

personally, i would feel guilty if i attempted to snort a film strip, i just put it under my tongue, when i get tablets sometimes, ill snort 2mg, or IV 2mg, other thent hat, i do it as prescribed im not gonna jump thru hoops to water down a film strip to snort when u probably wont get much success with it. plugging is good though. point of suboxone is to stop opiates, not abuse suboxone when its meant to stop abuse..

Not everyone uses them to stay off opiates, some people just obtain them to have something to prevent the withdrawals of whatever they were using and stop it when they finally get their opiate of choice.

Do whatever you want with YOUR prescription.

Seriously guys, if you are buying or selling suboxone. STOP.
You are going to ruin this wonderful drug for EVERYONE.

DEA is considering putting Suboxone in C II status. I heard this at a conference I attended...

Slightly off topic, sorry, but needed to be said.
DRH

I remember someone mentioning putting the strip up your nose.....jam that sucker in and keep it there and don't swallow anything - I always spit out weather I use tabs and insufflate or strips sublingual - but when it's in these mucous membrane areas it has it's best BA......less is always more as well.....but yea I mean you could stick it up there haaa

I just started doing this and I personally can tell a pretty decent difference. I'm going to post a picture of what MY example looks like I'm not going to say its wrong nor right I'm just going to share MY experience. I'm using 1mg, and 3 drops from a straw.
2zevxu9.jpg

I use a regular Table spoon and just a little cup of water for dripping. I use as little as straw as I possibly can so that there's less surface area for the liquid to stick to when it travels up the straw to my nose. I can smell the orange citrus so I know its going up there. Also like the gentlemen said above, sniff lightly but hard enough to get it all up there. After which (again this is just what I do) there will be what looks like a little sediment in your spoon. I take 2-3 drops of water and slightly sniff it up the same way through the other nostril so to get any I missed WHILE ALSO getting any remainder that might have gotten left in the straw. Now I used to think that this shit isn't working very well because I didn't really feel much in my nose at first, BUT, do you remember the slight burning sensation when we snort the pill powder? (well at least I do). Well after snorting the liquid all up, in a few moments I can feel that welcoming burning sensation I long for. That is play by play, exactly what I do. I hope this helps. Again, I'm ONLY giving my opinion and experience, I'm not saying you should do this at all, But I always love input and help making any experience an easier or better one. Thanks a lot, and good luck.
kid

*edit* I now only use about a drop, drop and a half of water. Just thought I'd add that.

Last edited:
snorting suboxone film

Ive been thinking of this every since I was put on the film. I Finally tried it last night. I placed half of an 8mg strip on the bottom of a soda can (a spoon would work). Using an insulin needle i drew up 1 half a cc of citrus vodka (strongest clear alcohol i had) and added it to the strip. Next I removed the plunger from the syringe and used it to stir until the whole strip dissolved. I took an equate diphanhydramine pill (generic benadryl) and cut it open adding the powder to the mix. After stirring it in with the plunger I allowed it to sit over night to evaporate the alcohol. Today I scraped the powder off the bottom of the can and snorted it. It burnt more than the suboxone pills but it worked. Ive only tried this once and im sure there is a better way just wanted to share my experience with the strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.