• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heart palpitations - how long does it last?

^Its good to know that you're alright but the problem with responses like that is it can encourage someone who is nervous about seeking medical attention feel more comfortable about neglecting to do so.

That happens to me periodically too, even though I don't do meth. Sometimes it's after downing a bunch of caffeine or doing an upper like mephedrone...other times it happens for no reason. And I totally know what you mean about seeing your shirt move because your heart's pounding so hard. Pretty scary :\

^not to mention that its comparing apples to oranges and essentially irrelevant. The perception of a fluttery heart isnt the same as a prolonged period of tachycardia with history of hypotention, with quantitative vitals and monitored on an hourly basis with frequent current reports. Oh and while meph and meth are phonetically similar, they are still two completely different substances with little comparison value here.

Im sorry if this sounds overly abrasive but when it comes to drug use, medical intervention should be taken seriously and its frustrating when someone turns it into a game of chicken

^thank you for continuing to advocate for the OP to get checked out. In this situation, its the ONLY perspective that is reducing harm here.

mainly when this happened to me, on amps not meth however, the thing i found best was to chill out, drink some water, not do anything strenuous. thinking about how fast your heart is beating creates anxiety, so try to distract yourself. your heart will slow down eventually, its prob mostly because you have not been taking care of yourself (ie sleep, food, water, etc) and using puts more strain on your already strained body.

Listen to InsaneJane as she knows what she is talking about. I posted something similar the other day and she helped me.

But when it comes to something as serious as the heart. Make sure its not something that needs medical attention. if it is dont hesitate to go to the hospital.

the heart palps/flutters i had from meph would last for weeks, it was fucking horrible. id go to sleep and all id be able to hear and feel is my heart banging away. through the day it would come and go. it was beating at regular bpm but it was loud, thudding. sometimes id would off beat. it goes away eventually. cant imagine the strain meth must put on a heart, crazy stuff. never tried it, tbh after the amount of meph ive done my heart would probably pack in after doing some meth. but as far as i know, it does eventually go away

depends on quality its taken me over 48 hours on a half gram to calm down. also trying to lay down just makes it worse . for me atleast i wouldnt worry it could be nerves from paranoia too.