• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Fentanyl gel patch, keeping its punch?

Harley3311

Bluelighter
I will begin by saying that I did try to do research on this subject in blulight forums and the internets and was unable to find information on the subject, so I need the quick knowledge of the bright young men and women of blulight… Question: Can you open a patch then make a small incision to squeeze out some gel to smoke and then reseal the remaining gel for use on a later date? How long will it stay good without losing its potency? What is the best way to seal the patch so that it can be reused in the future? Thank you in advance for your help!:)

I dont see why u couldnt do this, other than the fact that the inactive ingredients may evaporate but you would still be left with a purer fentanyl.

I always used a needle and make a small pin-hole in the patch to squeeze out the gel....then the only way gel will come out of the hole is if you squeezed the patch...the gel will say good for long too, the gel might dry out if its left out in the open air but its still good even if it is dry.

I read somewhere a while back that fentanyl increases in potency over time. So you might actually be left with a stronger patch if you left it unused for an extended period of time.
Of course this could just be BS that I heard but who knows? I have heard about similar things occuring with other chemicals.

I hope so. Just came across 12 patches that have been sitting in storage for 5 years!

I read somewhere a while back that fentanyl increases in potency over time. So you might actually be left with a stronger patch if you left it unused for an extended period of time.
Of course this could just be BS that I heard but who knows? I have heard about similar things occuring with other chemicals.

Please don't make claims like this unless you can back them up somehow.

I've read about people sealing them in ziploc bags. I certainly would do whatever I could to NOT let any evaporate. Fent in gel is already dangerously potent so increasing that to even more indeterminate levels just needlessly increases the riskiness.

There is no way anyone here can tell you how long exactly it will stay good for because I'm confident there has not been any controlled scientific experiments on this aspect of fentanyl gel patch recreational use.

Just use common sense... make sure its sealed as airtight as possible, keep it away from extreme temperatures and understand that the longer you wait before using it again, the more unknown variables will present.

Thank you for the responses, Ive been trying very hard to not open it at all until Im ready to binge on it for a few days :). Though I will say in response to it being like a fine wine and getting better with age that I once came across a 400mcg sucker awhile back when I first started using and had no experience with Fent. I did the whole sucker at once which should of make me very sick, if not leading to an od but felt nothing at all. Opon looking at the package I found that it had been expired for nearly a year. Though there could have been other variables such as exposure to extreme heat. Either way I find it hard to believe that it could get better with time...

i use fent, and i've noticed that if I leave a patch out unsealed, it loses potency. and it will leak out if you reseal it, well depending on how you do it i guess i used scotch tape (on the outside, not the sticky part is where i put the hole) and then put the patch on, the scotch tape had a smear of white where it oozed out, apparently the gel reacted with the tape, turned white, and was useless at that point. (what oozed out, not what was in the patch still) I suggest squeezing all the gel to one end, put the hole at a different end, squeeze out just what you need, then squeeze remaining gel back to the end without a hole, then put in a ziploc bag, get all the air out, and thumbtack it(putting the tack through the strip above the zipper on the baggie) to the wall behind your dresser so it stays upright and no gel oozes out. (i've done this)

BUT BE CAREFUL WITH THE GEL IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO TELL HOW MUCH YOUR DOING because it is not distributed evenly throughout the gel (the fent) its uneven so you could think your getting 2mg out of the patch but really get 100% of the fent-and bluelip it- and then another one bites the dust, man (and yes I meant mg not mcg/h cause mcgs are minute and a blob of gel is gonna probably have a mg)\

this med is meant to release throughout 3 days, and you could accidentaly ingest/smoke all 3 days worth at once, there's no way to measure it out without a precise instrument that I'm sure you don't have cause they're hundreds of dollars.

I reccommend wearing the patches it'll be good just takes a few hours to kick it, better 2 be safe than sorry, I take this med every day I know what I'm talking about darlin

Last edited:
Ive smoked a shit load of patches in my day and the way i would do it is squeeze all of the gel to one side, cut the top corner piece off and squeeze out my dose, squeeze the rest back to the bottom of the patch and use a lighter to seal it back up. I never lost any gel and it never lost any potency, always stayed in a gel form and always got me really fucked up :)

Fent doesnt have a very high BA when consumed orally, thats probably why you dont feel them very much. Im wondering if you could put them in some water, let them dissolve then plug the mixture? Seems like it would work without a hitch but i have never even dabbled with the suckers.

But yes, plugging them would give you a higher BA so you would get way more fucked up. Im pretty sure the BA when plugging is almost double then oral.