• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

No weed pass, no cannabis, Dutch tell foreigners

^ You're forgetting California where it's de facto legalized, well, where there are "dispensaries" everywhere.

I would choose quadruple death sentence over living in CA any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
But then again, I'm not living in the US and just talking bullshit anyways... :|

OT: I have heard some good things of the CA weed legalisation though, something with also raising taxes on weed to aid in the disastrous financial situation.
Also some nice case-reports of medicinal cannabis use in CA, which was highlighted by one of our professors in a lecture.
Even had a picture of two elderly people getting shitfaced with a vaporizer, how I can imagine my stoner-buddies posing for such a picture in some 50 odd years. ;-P

Last edited:
The mayor and police captain of Amsterdam usually ignore these kind of laws.
Same with the prohibition on psychoactive mushrooms, they wouldn't enforce that law either.
)

Yes but the effect was still the same- no more mushrooms for sale.

Job Cohen, he sure wasn't liked by the locals of Amsterdam
"WIJ Amsterdammers willen ONS Amsterdam terug!"

these rumblings have been coming out of the netherlands for the las 3 or 4 years.

i still reckon we've got a good few years left as it is before anything will change

Now imagine the Netherlands, where every citizen above 18 yrs of age and with a valid passport can openly walk around with max. 30 grams of weed

You can't carry 30 grams on you, that's 5, you can have a maximum of 30 grams at home though.

The opium law is so silly, this cabinet is as well. Bleh.

no need to change your travel plans

That's gonna kill the economy there. And various friends' travel plans.

Hi,

remember cannabis was "illegal" for years and the coffeeshops operated openly... in fact there were MORE illegal coffeeshops than there are legal ones now.

Is it me or does this seem like a publicity stunt by the netherlands gov. They obviously have seen over the past 30 years how much this helped the economy there...
"Let's get all the potheads that wanna come here nervous so they will all flock here before the law doesent pass"

Or maybe they are getting stupider cuz they are high 24/7...

Is it me or does this seem like a publicity stunt by the netherlands gov. They obviously have seen over the past 30 years how much this helped the economy there...
"Let's get all the potheads that wanna come here nervous so they will all flock here before the law doesent pass"

Or maybe they are getting stupider cuz they are high 24/7...

Well if there are legitimate concerns over drug-related shootings they're probably not trying to pander to easy votes. Either way it's really stupid. They could tax the substance a bit more and spend more on police to patrol problem areas.

Wait until they lose 95% if not all of their tourism. If they want to ban it, they will have to ban it completely, not just discriminating against forigeners. Their economy will plummet, drug and crime rates will go up (if its not legal, gangs will take over supplying the demand), violence will then go up, etc. this is a shitty idea

LOL, our economy will plummet because we ban the sales of cannabis to foreigners?
And of course...100% of tourists visit the Netherlands because they can get cannabis legally.
What a load of BS, seriously... :\

Crime rates are already increasing, because the East-European maffia is taking over the supply of cannabis to the coffee shops.
I agree that banning the sales of cannabis to tourists is not going to help with this, but it is also not gonna increase crime rates.
They should put the cultivation of cannabis in government hands, that's the best way to prevent criminal interference.

But spare me the 'OMG Netherlands is gonna lose all their tourism/economy if they ban cannabis sales' bullcrap... :|

Wait until they lose 95% if not all of their tourism.

Oh please the highest numbers I've were under 20% of tourist.

3rd_I_blind
I'm going be waiting for my box of fresh Copelandia Cyanescens on my next trip, Dance Valley `11 - tickets already in my pocket;)
Schiphol CS 9am LOL

If they banned coffeeshops to tourist I'd sure as hell still go there. It's the not just the cannabis that makes it special.

I'm going be waiting for my box of fresh Copelandia Cyanescens on my next trip, Dance Valley `11 - tickets already in my pocket;)
Schiphol CS 9am LOL
Too bad mate.
Dance Valley is for pussies, pussies should not use psychedelics. ;)

But you are kindly invited to send me a PM.
I will invite you to some real nice festivals.
Like psytrance society in the woods, where you can just pick your shrooms off the ground.
LOL, jk...but the invitation still stands! ;-P

Last edited:
I've not come across these!
Too bad mate, quality of the tablets is definitely at the highest point in about two years.
I see new reports about 150-180 mg XTC every week.
Of course there are also the 90-120 mg tablets, but enough of the high-end stuff to go around. :)

And what's even more satisfying: mCPP containing tablets seem to be dying off in the NL. =D