• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

No weed pass, no cannabis, Dutch tell foreigners

I want to live in there,how hard it is to become a Dutch?

I honestly found them to be very unwelcoming to foreigners. I ended up hating them a little to be honest after forur years. Now I no longer live there, I can see what I liked about them in the first place, theyre alright, but they've been invaded by outsiders for years and feel like they are losing their identity. Germans are much more friendly and polite and welcoming unless youre turkish. Getting into the EU is hard now, you'll need a job offer and a grasp of the native language before you go.

I have a couple of passes already, some of the border towns already implement this system.

The measures sanctioned at European level will allow local city councils to introduce local legislation to implement pass systems. The main city affected is Maastricht. Initially Maastricht wanted to shift its coffeeshops to the city's edge so that "nuisance" would be reduced. This suggestion was, however, effectively torpedoed by the deeply conservative and rural Belgian municipalities just over the border.
The Netherlands currently has a minority right wing government supported by the extreme right so I suspect we are likely to see a continuation of these reactionary policies.

I disagree with a lot of the posters on here about the dutch model reducing crime. The primary problem with the dutch model is contrary to popular belief there is no legal production or importation, and much of the cannabis products sold in coffeeshops provide profit for organized criminals. When you legalize sales of cannabis in a country that is surrounded by nations where it is illegal and you don't allow any legal production you are going to in essence provide a haven for organized crime. Smugglers who export cannabis products to the surrounding countries where it is illegal. smugglers who import hashish from morocco, nepal, lebanon, india afghanistan and pakistan, large scale greenhouse and indoor producers who corrupt local authorities to make themselves "untouchable" and Holland has its share of "untouchable" figures all provide a source of income for organized crime. If the surrounding countries even took the same approach as the netherlands where cannabis consumption is legal for their own residents, then organized crime problem in holland would be eased quite a bit but by being an island surrounded by prohibition it does attract organized criminals.

Last edited:
Still buying weed in the coffeeshops as always... The cities themselves flip the big finger everytime... It's hard to believe if even any of this will be going through. Haven't seen anything on dutch forums either, seems I only hear about this from American news.

fucking idiots are in charge of the world.

Coffeeshops have a strict maximum amount of weed they can have in stock... these shops are being kept being supplied by the black market anyway... I've witnessed enough shop owners going down the back door and into a car a few blocks further on to retrieve another half kilo.

heck I even know growers whom sell.

And the above poster is completely right... The state gets money from taxing the cannabis (YES IT IS TAXED) and the black market can get rid of a lot of product...

& anyway for the above poster... Belgium/Holland is quite the notorious place for big and bulk chemistry.

In effect?

Does anyone know how long until this goes into effect or if it is already in place? I'm going at the end of the month for a weekend and I'm hoping I'll make the cut

The dutch government is simply concerned.

I'm guessing its just a scare tactic.

They see shit is getting a little out of hand, issue a warning, everything goes back to normal.

The situation might indeed be broader than that, I'm not an expert, but I bet thats the case.

The netherlands NEEDS weed to be like this.. haha.. they make too much money on it.
Rofl

It has not affected Amsterdam yet, As far as I know it allows local citys to do the ban on foreiners, and I heard that Amsterdam is against this happening there at least, but it may be put into effect in Amsterdam if the city officials want to do this, although I predict a huge loss of revenue for Amsterdam if this happens in that city.
Where will High Times hold the Cannabis Cup,if tourists are not allowed to partake in Amsterdam?? Potugual has decriminilzed all drugs, from cannabis to heroin!! I imagine that Lisbon would love the money from the Cannbis Cup were it to be held there!!! Other European nations are making their laws on cannabis,and other drugs as well much more lax,so we may see a shift in cannbis tourism to those nations, although I do not know of cannabis shops there,If the money is great enough then some nation will allow cannabis cafes and cannabis tourism and The Netherlands will be left in the cold so to speak!

I have been to Amsterdam 6 different times in total, and 4 times to the Cannabis Cup, and the weed I have smoked in California,Canada, etc. is stronger than any of the Amsterdam weed with a few exceptions . I can obtain the same strains or much more potent strains of weed here in the US for a much cheaper price than a plane ticket to Amsterdam and al lthe othe rmoney spent there, especially since I have family members who grow high grade indoor strains in various places in the US. I can buy an enormous amoun tof weed for the price of a plane ticket alone!! lol..It's there country and if they want to lose tourist money then that's their choice. A bad one IMO, but one for them to make.

Never cared about going to the damn for that, the grass always seems greener on the other side right? Lots of trees in new jersey yo! Its all good.

That's good for you Americans, who have a lot of grade-A weed, but for us Europeans it's another story completely.

If this effects the econemy and raises crime not lowers it like it probably would it would definatly be shitty, but more shitty is the huge blow this will be to the movement towards leglizing pot. We want things moving forwards not taking a huge step backwards. that said I cant see this passing
I guess that whole prohibition experiment we tried back in the day never gets looked at as a great example of what NOT to do!

I just hope that this 'law' doesn't come in effect soon since I'm planning to take a little visit to Amsterdam at the end of february =]

I just hope that this 'law' doesn't come in effect soon since I'm planning to take a little visit to Amsterdam at the end of february =]
The mayor and police captain of Amsterdam usually ignore these kind of laws.
Same with the prohibition on psychoactive mushrooms, they wouldn't enforce that law either.
So you can relax I guess.
Worst case, there's always some Dutch hospitality to be expected...locals supplying you or something similar. :)

The mayor and police captain of Amsterdam usually ignore these kind of laws.
Same with the prohibition on psychoactive mushrooms, they wouldn't enforce that law either.
So you can relax I guess.
Worst case, there's always some Dutch hospitality to be expected...locals supplying you or something similar. :)

Cool.

I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. :\
Even in America where you can get like quadruple death sentence for having a patch of hash under your shoe, for most people it's easy to score some weed.
Now imagine the Netherlands, where every citizen above 18 yrs of age and with a valid passport can openly walk around with max. 30 grams of weed and buy an amount up to 5 grams in any coffeeshop that's opened.
How hard would it be to get some weed in the Netherlands compared to America, even if you can't get it yourself in the coffeeshop?