• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

No weed pass, no cannabis, Dutch tell foreigners

My view is they will pass the law, and 6 months after they will come back to the current law because of the total failure of this new law.

The problem is people go there just for weed. This wouldn't effect me going to amsterdam because I'd go mostly for tourism. It would be nice to be able to get high on vacation without that fear of getting arrested while on vacation but seriously why is it that when Dave Attel went there for his show it was all americans who couldnt give a shit about dutch culture. That is the part i dont like, you guys realize we have weed in the US right? If you grew it in optimum conditions it would be better then the coffee house product without the hassle of literally planning an international trip.

I'd really go for the flowers and my girlfriend wants to see the torture museum they have there. I'm still planning on going there at some point in my life, never really wanted to go for the weed.

This is not to say that I'm for prohibition, I'm merely saying I'm pro museums and flowers. Its just weed buy a 20 sack and act like your in amsterdam.

I'm going to the Dam for the flowers too.

Lol I was talking about the botanical gardens with the actual flowers. I buy my drugs in the country i originate from. If given the chance id gladly patron a coffee shop but meh it was never "oh my god amsterdam must go there and smoke" like it was in high school when i was 15, 16. Now i actually want to see the world outside of a drug induced haze :D

My view is they will pass the law, and 6 months after they will come back to the current law because of the total failure of this new law.

Not gonna happen. The conservative government over there is using the same scare tactics the US government has used for years. They both wildly exaggerate the effect of MJ (see if you can get a copy of an old movie called "Reefer Madness"), and tell the populace that all sorts of crime is due to drugs, ignoring the fact that most drug-related crime is caused by the very illegality of the drugs. As often happens, the politicians are going to provide a knee-jerk "solution" to a problem, rather than trying to figure out what the cause really is and addressing it. After all, voters don't want deep thinking, they want instant gratification. Look at "3 strikes" in California, where a guy can end up with a 25 to life sentence for burglarizing a garage, stealing a bicycle from the back of a pickup truck and shoplifting a six-pack of beer (that is an actual case, by the way) because prosecutors, without reference to any court or judge, can, for purposes of 3 strikes, upgrade misdemeanors to felonies, even prior misdemeanors.

Look how long it took to repeal prohibition in the US, and that was about a substance that the vast majority of citizens thought was perfectly alright to use.

Add in the fact that no politician anywhere wants to been seen as "in favor of" drugs, and if the "private club, citizens only" law passes, it will be one very long time before it gets changed. If it ever does. :!

I wanted to hate the Dutch but it's not their fault, it's the fucking sons of bitches politicians. May they burn in Hell.

ya know, I always keep a pretty comfortable stash on me through my botany so finding the source is never the problem for me. Its just fucking unacceptable these strict airline drug laws :p

The results of such a law will be very interesting indeed, no doubt ruining the economy and opening up the blackmarket.

Why not just buy some herb, smoke it, and give off the "I'm a resident of this country" vibe? It might not work, but you could try it!

I posted this article a while back see: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=537423

:!

The Dutch government said on Wednesday it wanted to ban tourists from buying cannabis in "coffee shops," where hash is on sale legally, as part of a national crackdown on drug use.

The Netherlands has one of Europe's most liberal soft drug policies and its coffee shops are a popular tourist attraction, especially in Amsterdam and border cities near Belgium and Germany.

But some cities near the border with Belgium have clamped down on drug tourism, and the Dutch minister for security and justice confirmed on Wednesday a wider crackdown after coalition parties agreed to push for a ban in September.

The government, which took office last month, has agreed to limit the sale of cannabis to Dutch residents to curb crime linked to its production and trading.

"No tourist attractions. We don't like that," the minister, Ivo Opstelten, told public broadcaster NOS on Wednesday.

"The heart of the problem is crime and disturbances surrounding the sale. We have to go back to what it was meant for: local use for those who would like it."

Amsterdam, home to 223 coffee shops, is already in the process of closing some in the red light district to tackle criminal activity in the area, and was studying the government proposal.

"We are taking the current practice as a starting point. It is not perfect but in many ways we have a functioning coffee shop system," an Amsterdam city spokesman said.

The government's plans for a tourist ban, whereby only holders of a resident's pass would be allowed to buy hash, has not yet been formally put into law and no timeframe has been proposed.

The possession of up to 5 grams (0.18 oz) of cannabis or hash is allowed in the Netherlands but large-scale production and transport is a crime.

continued at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40238429/ns/travel-news/

Holland has years of history and culture. That alone should be reason enough for a trip. California has good weather. It has hot chicks and good beaches. San Francisco is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. The US debt is getting up to 20 trillion dollars and CA is virtually bankrupt. Cards are probaly not hard to obtain for med MJ. Although not tax, revenue generated is put back in the economy and stimulates jobs and taxes indirectly. Plus, as far as pot quality, we have good indoor, but also some of the best climate in the world in the emerald triangle, photoperiod, ect...terroir if you will- which adds another dimension to whats on hand at the dispensaries. As I've said in previous posts, if prostitution is your thing it is legal in TJ and parts of Nevada. You can gamble in Nevada. CA has had in the past good E and psychedelics. If hard drugs are your thing Tijuana is one of the biggest and reliable open air markets in the world to be found for coke, meth, heroin, and some stuff in pharmacies with or without an Rx at select ones. So huddled masses of the world yearing to toke free, the Golden State, California is your place. We could all use the money that tourism generates.

I want to live in there,how hard it is to become a Dutch?

I want to live in there,how hard it is to become a Dutch?

You have to learn the language, which is like running backwards with your shoes two sizes shorter than yours.