• EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
DHC wreaks havoc with my stomach. I need to take 225mg Zantac with it. And even after that I am still gagging.

Agree wih Ismene, both are crap really.

I love Dihydrocodeine it makes me feel really nice and i get no bad side effects apart from itching, it gives me a much warmer feeling than normal codeine.

DHC and a few ciders is fairly nice relaxed and euphoric feeling. Pity it makes me spew for the entire duration of the next day :\

Good if it's used to treat pain. Worked a treat after I got a kicking one night.

I found about 270-360mg to be a decent dose. Some mates only needed 90-240 though.

Not my thing really, but was enjoyable. Benzo's are more useful to have around.

180mg DHC did nothing to me, but have enjoyed 90mg of codeine with a few beers, felt very nice

no contest at all imo DHC with a bit of potentiation actually feels like a proper opiate, codeine a much more shallow buzz. The histamine release is next to none with DHC whereas if you don't have antihistamines codeine will fuck you up (high enough doses). DHC is just plain stronger, warmer and has more of a dunt to it.

Out of the two? Buprenorphine.

Seriously though, there's no contest. DHC every time. Especially considering it's nigh-on impossible to feel anything with codeine alone without the side effects taking over. Don't get me wrong, I like itching, but when it gets to the stage when you're making yourself bleed and get infections then it's time to find a stronger opioid.

In high doses, honestly codeine takes it for me.

190mg of DHC is great!
400mg of Codeine is better!

Ignoring the fact that I'm not comparing like doses, I prefer the high that codeine gives. Feels warmer.

Basically, a good analogy would be DHC is to Codeine as Oxy is to Morphine for me. I much prefer M over Oxy, simply due to the absolute happiness and warmness it induces in me. Oxy and DHC seem almost stimulating to me (more than opiates are to me anyway, I'm odd) which while fun never seems as satisfying.

Now, combine the two and theres a hell of a lot of fun ;)

Hang on? You prefer codeine to DHC. Wrong, but fair enough.

You prefer morphine to oxy though?

Who let the perverts out? :)

why would you divide the dose of dhc by more than 2, equivalence is 300ishmg dhc to 400mg codeine. My sweet spot with dhc is 600mg -720mg but I actually get a fair histamine release at 720 which i'd never experienced on dhc before.

Simply because in Australia, the cough syrup it comes in has far too much Sorbitol in it to be able to consume that much :)

Although I do have a plan to remove said Sorbitol mind you. I definitely want to give high-dose DHC a try!

Hang on? You prefer codeine to DHC. Wrong, but fair enough.

You prefer morphine to oxy though?

Who let the perverts out? :)

Haha! Well, I did say I was odd ;)

IV'd, I've always preferred M over Oxy. Like I said, the highs are subjectively different, and for my usage I prefer morphine. But then I'm also that odd that uppers make me "down" and downers make me "up", so your mileage may indeed vary ;)

I'm another odd-ball who much prefers Codeine to DHC. I think it's the Morphine element and the C6G must play a large part too.

With 120mg of DHC I get not much, not even sedation, with an equal amount of Codeine I get about the same but with sedation and feel much more sane.

Weird ay? :\

Has to be DHC! It's such a better high and a comfier feeling.

Though, I'm gonna have to do me a lowly CWE tomorrow just to stop me coughing. I can't take any more, my stomach muscles and lungs have had enough!

DHC definitely, giving me many warm relaxed nights. I just find it good for those stressful days to help unwind.

What's the name for the DHC version of co-codamol again? Is it paramol?

You can also get Boots brand Paracetomol and Dihydrocodeine tablets, which are slightly cheaper than Paramol and give a much clearer end product when CWE'd.

Paramol CWE's always come out cloudy due to some coating crap they put on the tablets. As far as I know (have read on Bluelight) it's not harmful, but I just feel a lot more comfortable drinking a clear CWE.