• EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
time for some DHC myself, only a pack of paramol so will only be about 150-200mg overall, but still nice with some xanax in me already :)

Both are shit in my book. Theres a bottle DHC 90s sitting in my kitchen which make me sick even thinking about them. My dad gets 56 every month. Not like me either having drugs lying around.

Is dihydrocodeine reallly that much better ? Ive done only codeine a lot of time and its ok, nothing special, but how much better can DHC be ?

The only thing DHC is good for (as a heroin addict) is fending off withdrawals. But codeine at the ceiling dose of 400mg is loverly with a few beers. :)

Yeh - I don't think the ceiling dose theory is correct. What is true for me is that there's no point re-dosing until about 6hrs have elaspsed, as it won't add much. Don't know how psychosomatic that is though.

When doing DHC i tend to mix it with codeine anyway, but the effects are very different imo. DHC takes longer to come on and has a lot longer duration. DHC is also kind of stimulating but, paradoxically, more likely to cause me to nod.

Codeine is more mongy, comes on quicker and its euphoric effects are very brief for me - like only an hour or something (though I'll still be nicely chilled for a good few hours after that).

I would do DHC a lot more, but for the fact that it's only available OTC mixed with paracetamol, and I don't like doing CWE's with the stuff, especially as I'm a drinker so I'm worried about fucking up my liver. It's a lot easier/safer to extract from Ibuprofen pills, but you do have to pay a premium.

I would urge you to give it a go spudgun. I can extract a clear 100ml of water with whatever opiate from paracetamol containing products in maybe 20 mins flat, 15 of which are just chilling it in the freezer. The solution is so void of paracetamol that it often tastes just fine!

TTBOMK there is no dihydrocodeine-bearing product available without a prescription in the UK anymore, whether it be paracetamol or ibuprofen-based. Nurofen Plus is ibuprofen and codeine.

TTBOMK there is no dihydrocodeine-bearing product available without a prescription in the UK anymore, whether it be paracetamol or ibuprofen-based. Nurofen Plus is ibuprofen and codeine.

Paramol is back on the shelves BJ (DHC + Paracetamol) I don't know why it went away, but it's back.

FlippingTop- There are no ibuprofen/dhc products out there, alas, hence why I stick to codeine for the most part.

When I've had time on my hands, I've been able to get a reasonably clear solution with generic co-codomol (not with paramol, as it's dyed' and always tastes worryingly foul, no matter how careful I am).

The problem for me is time. For various reasons, whenever I want to CWE it's usually gotta be a pretty clandestine operation. With Ibuprofen, i can stick the pills in relatively hot water, wait for them to dissolve in 5 mins and then force them through a sheet of kitchen roll, without incurring much risk. I doubt I could survive being that slapdash with paracetamol for long.

ah I see spudgun, didn't read your post thoroughly enough.

Yeah performing a CWE on the sly is pretty impossible.

Spudgun, can't you do a stealth CWE in your cupboard/under your bed/behind your sofa? Just chill the water in the fridge and prep the funnel/filter beforehand. Set the CWE a filtering and tuck it away until it's done. No danger of getting paracetamol in the solution and, if you can hide the filter well enough, no one will spot it.

No need to rush it and risk fucking up your liver.

I was doing these daily, recently as I was scripted 30/500s and wanted to reduce the Paracetamol and increase the codeine ratio so refined my technique a bit.

I crushed the pills in a small Pyrex bowl with the back of an ice cream scoop, then added a small amount of water along with an ice cube and mixed until a had a good milky solution, then left it standing for a bit to allow the ice cube to melt down and really cool that water.

I lined a small plastic funnel with 4 layers of pre-wetted kitchen roll dropped it in a glass then added the solution and left it until the deed was done, easy then to just remove the kitchen roll, wrap up and throw away. I couldn't get my GP to prescribe straight codeine but he switched me to MST when I said the cocos weren't cutting it 8(

Thanks for the tip CS. I have tried doing it this way, but I'm too impatient/ much of an instant gratification sort of person for that approach - always end up just squeezing the filter anyway.

It's probably for the best that codeine's all I can get my hands tbh.

my favourite was DHC (Rx'ed for legitimate pain), wth an anti-histamine beforehand.... then factor in tolerance etc.... sit back relax and enjoy/do f*ck all....

codene was too weak at the time

What are the chances that I can find paramol in London this weekend? Good or not - It's been far too long! 120 mg would be enough for me. :):):) Lovely low tolerance!
It can be converted into DHM with hydrobromic acid, too. But maybe that's taboo for discussion?

It's very possible to do it on the quiet, by the way -- if you just use tap water, mix up the crushed pills then allow it to settle overnight, the paracetamol forms a nice layer at the bottom that can simply be decanted. You don't even have to filter at all -- though of course it would be better to do so (and to cool it down).
For what it's worth - DHC beats codeine hands down; as everyone knows!