• EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Dihydrocodeine vs Codeine

which is teh best?

• dihydrocodeine

Votes: 95 79.2%
  • codeine

Votes: 25 20.8%

• Total voters
I've yet to find a ceiling dose for codeine either and used to use several grammes per day. I do agree on the itchiness thing though.

I find there is a ceiling with codeine cus the itchiness came on at around 500MG..... It does nothing 4 me know, on da B train.

I actually used to quite enjoy the itchiness of high dose codeine. In fact, I used to IV a gramme at a time (had no idea how potentially lethal that can be at the time - don't try that at home, kiddies) and loved the intensity of the pins and needles rush. Kinda like how some folks like the similar effects from IV morphine only with the volume turned up.

I presume "The B Train" refers to heroin? Was heavily addicted to gear for many years and codeine (and DHC) were only any use when in w/d but have been off the scag for a few years now and mostly stick to "lesser" opies now. For those who need to be careful around the heavier opies, codeine is much underrated, in my opinion. Which reminds me, code o' clock :)

Yeah I mean heroin, not heavily addicated, well at the moment on a forced exit cus im abroad, but got a script 4 that, yeah iv used the both when in w/d cus at the moment there is SO such crap about, (B train sometimes means bisto)

So its good to have some boxes of the stuff floating about. But any more than 500MG and the itch comes on with codeine, which acts as a ceiling. But DHC i can keep on rocking, when used for w/d i use codeine first, then DHC.

CWE is completely scientifically sound. It follows on directly from kinetic theory, which is a pretty well-established scientific theory. (Short version: Molecules are in continuous motion. Things happen when they collide with one another.)

Different liquids boil at different temperatures. That's the basis of distillation, and nobody questions that. (It's how they separate crude oil into petrol, paraffin, diesel fuel and bitumen. Each level up the tower is at a different temperature, coolest at the bottom, hottest at the top; substances with higher boiling points rise higher up.)

Well, different solids have different solubilities in water. Codeine phosphate and dihydrocodeine tartarate are more soluble in water than paracetamol. Basically, a water molecule has to hit a lump of solid paracetamol much harder to break off a molecule (which then becomes part of the solution) than it would have to hit a lump of codeine / DHC to break off a molecule. Now, temperature is just a measure of the average speed with which the molecules are moving. At room temperature and especially below, very few of the water molecules are moving fast enough to dislodge a paracetamol molecule compared to the number moving fast enough to dislodge a codeine molecule; so the difference in solubility is enough to achieve a reasonably complete separation. At higher temperatures, more paracetamol will be present in the product.

A vacuum pump and Büchner flask would provide an even faster filtration and so ought to yield a purer product (less time for paracetamol to dissolve in the codeine solution), but such items are presently beyond my means.

Would 200ml of Gee's be enough? That is the only sized bottle I can find. It doesn't say the ratios either.

Think that's the usual size. Was enough for me at the time - depends on tolerance really. If your tolerance is usefully lowish it should be fine . Especially for £1.50 or whatever it is. Just a shame it's hard to buy a few bottles at a time. A bottle used to keep me cosy for a good few hours though and feels much nicer than codeine/DHC, in my opinion.

I'm gonna give it a try with a bit of hash. Codeine and DHC are a load of wank imo.

I'm gonna give it a try with a bit of hash. Codeine and DHC are a load of wank imo.

Never tried codeine but agree about the DHC. Was a lifesaver when actually in pain but recreationally 240-360mg was needed with a few ciders & altho the high was ok, the spewing the next day was not worth it 8)

I'd go with the hash too :)

Quick DHC question...

I have some 60mg pills, oval with DHC 60 printed on one side. They are time release i think (waxy coating and they don't crush up to powder)

Anyway, I tried dissolving a few in some water and they didn't dissolve completely, will the residue just be the waxy coating from the pills?

As far as i know they don't have paracetamol in but just want to make sure.

Hey Danny,

The wax coating can be very easily removed. I speak from experience of doing the same to Morphine Sulphate Tablets.

Just wet a piece of tissue paper and wipe the wax coating off of the pill. It will just slide right off of it. First time I done this I thought that the pill was dissolving but it was just the coating coming away. WIN.

Update 22:53: Some gear-like effects; head rush, paruresis (difficulty passing water) observed. Much use being made of backspace key while typing report.

Anything in the foregoing which would be illegal if it were true, is made up. Do not attempt to emulate these activities.

Paruresis is actually a phobia, it's the fear of passing water.

Wikipedia said:
Paruresis (pronounced /ˌpɑrəˈriːsɪs/[citation needed] PAR-ə-REE-sis) is a type of phobia in which the sufferer is unable to urinate in the (real or imaginary) presence of others, such as in a public restroom. It most commonly affects males, though there are female sufferers too. The analogous condition that affects bowel movement is called parcopresis.

Hey Danny,

The wax coating can be very easily removed. I speak from experience of doing the same to Morphine Sulphate Tablets.

Just wet a piece of tissue paper and wipe the wax coating off of the pill. It will just slide right off of it. First time I done this I thought that the pill was dissolving but it was just the coating coming away. WIN.

the wax binder goes all the way through it's not just a coating, common misconception. You are not defeating the time release by removing the coating, you have to also crush it

the wax binder goes all the way through it's not just a coating, common misconception. You are not defeating the time release by removing the coating, you have to also crush it

Is this the case with these codeine/DHC's only?

I say this because with the MST's the coating most certainly came off and was very apparent as it slid away and was blue in comparison to the white tablet underneath.

^^ Most definitely, Evad. Crushing them (DHCs) properly can be a minor chore but is certainly very possible with bit of effort. Well worth it too. Coating is neither her nor there really. Same goes for MSTs - maybe even more so than DHC cos I don't think all DHC pills are wax matrix (think that's what it's known as). Coating comes off easy but definitely doesn't affect the time release cos it's wax through and through - just read up on the IV MST threads to see how much of a cunt it can be to beat them and produce anything even remotely "safe" to shoot.

Also, I learnt a New Thing - appears I have both paruesis and parcopresis when it comes to public lavs. Never knew it had a name beyond acute toilet-related bashfulness.

Neither do much of anything for me, but I chose codeine. It seems to add euphoria when combined with other opiates, whereas DHC doesn't do anything but get rid of withdrawal for me...works well, though - I maintained on DHC after a large habit and was fairly comfortable if I took enough. Never felt even a hint of warmth or euphoria, though.

yeah i get DHC controlled release 120MG a load of shite if taken whole, get like 4 of them really crush them well then they work better...... unfortuatly that contact seems to have disappeared he owed me 20 quid the bastered.

Sorry to be lazy but am kinda knackered and probably gonna try get a bit of sleep now but try the IV Complications thread and the morphine section of the OD Directory - should be easy to find IV prep/breaking the time release info cos there are fuckloads of threads on the topic.