• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Specific boiling points and roles of cannabinoids

Very helpful to someone who cannot smoke fully burnt product due to cancer. Gives me a heads up on what temps certain agents are melting.

Very helpful to someone who cannot smoke fully burnt product due to cancer. Gives me a heads up on what temps certain agents are melting.

I'd hope that someone would have the finest vaporizer(s) available. :D

I just read about beta sitosterol and its side effects. All I can say is that I am not experiencing any type of problems from its 5 alpha reductase inhibition whatsoever. I don't think cannabis could contain enough of it to effect me... as I have never had any problems of that sort.

I wanted to draw that to the CD mods/users attention. :)

From what I can tell, this is the only (possible) constituent that I've discovered may have 5 alpha reductase inhibitory properties, as is listed by the OP in the images (the last one).

Still dont understand why the fuck weed is illegal, those charts are so educational, and bud has SOOOO many great properties/effects

Keep blazing everyone

Thought this article regarding the "entourage effect" recently suggested by medical researchers between cannabinoids and other terpenoids (200 of them) in cannabis should be here on this thread maybe. If I'm wrong let me know.

I've always thought the nose knows...

Alternet: Those Pungent Smells Oozing Out of Marijuana Buds Are Actually Giving You Clues About What Their Effects Will Be Like

which derives all it's info from the following study (link is broken in the alternet article):

Taming THC: potential cannabis synergy and phytocannabinoid-terpenoid entourage effects

Last edited:
Thought this article regarding the "entourage effect" recently suggested by medical researchers between cannabinoids and other terpenoids (200 of them) in cannabis should be here on this thread maybe.

Agree! Any more info anyone?

decarboxylate

What is the temperature needed to decarboxylate? Is it 240 degrees Fahrenheit?

Im not sure if this has been posted before but I havent seen it and see alot of questions about vaporizers, and people wondering why they dont feel the same high from vaporizing over smoking, and have wondered the same thing myself. Hopefully others will find this list as useful as I have, setting your vap at the temp for thc isnt high enough to get everything,which alot of people dont know. Depending on is anyone else finds this useful maybe it could be stickied or something to prevent the same threads being started again and again about vaporizers not being the same.

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

β-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

β-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

α-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

α-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

borneol
Boiling point: 210*C / 410 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Δ-3-carene 0.004% 168 Antiinflammatory

Δ-3-carene
Boiling point: 168*C / 334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

β-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-α-reductase, inhibitor

I do not see the value in knowing the effects of specific cannabinoids for casual smokers, wouldn't isolation of each cannabinoid be essential? Even with vaporizing, if you want a cannabinoid at say 374, you would be getting every other one below along with it?

Not necessarily. When I vaped exclusively (as opposed to combusting), I would use different temps for different purposes and stored the vaped weed in containers. So as an example, I would have a container labelled Extreme/350, meaning I used that in my Extreme with the temperature set to 350 until it 'mostly' exhausted what I wanted. Then later, if I wanted something at 374 I could pull that jar of vaped weed and use it. Not an exact procedure, but a lot more precise than smoking, and I found I could easily separate anti inflammatory effects from sedative effects.

Tom

Thanks for providing the source material, I will enjoy reading that tonight.
Having recently switched from combustion to exclusively vaping I had been desperately seeking sound research because even the very authoritative looking stuff I did find was often clearly bunkam (like the one where they declared the combustion point of cannabis as being 451°F) and often directly contradictory to other apparently authoritive stuff. It was obvious that many people had been extensively trawling the net for info and spending hours reproducing it for the benefit of others but in the end I figured that actually no one had done any truely authoritative research and that we were just going to have to wait because it will surely now be done in places where it is legal.
On the plus side it is all rather academic for me since I am not looking for a specific medical effect and there is no doubting how effective it is and trial and error has served me just fine. However I really would like to 'know' whats going on.
The only thing I did notice is about the source was that it Med searched for all other literature, some of which is extremely old now, and is not actually adding anything new to this information so if it was rubbish to begin with then it is still rubbish now and until I have a look I don't know how discerning they were in choosing the reliable and accurate and discarding the hopeful and the stoned.