• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Specific boiling points and roles of cannabinoids

raver2008

Bluelighter
Im not sure if this has been posted before but I havent seen it and see alot of questions about vaporizers, and people wondering why they dont feel the same high from vaporizing over smoking, and have wondered the same thing myself. Hopefully others will find this list as useful as I have, setting your vap at the temp for thc isnt high enough to get everything,which alot of people dont know. Depending on is anyone else finds this useful maybe it could be stickied or something to prevent the same threads being started again and again about vaporizers not being the same.

Δ-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)
Boiling point:157*C / 314.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Euphoriant, Analgesic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antiemetic

cannabidiol (CBD)
Boiling point: 160-180*C / 320-356 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Analgesic, Antipsychotic, Antiinflammatory, Antioxidant, Antispasmodic

Cannabinol (CBN)
Boiling point: 185*C / 365 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Oxidation, breakdown, product, Sedative, Antibiotic

cannabichromene (CBC)
Boiling point: 220*C / 428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antifungal

Δ-8-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ-8-THC)
Boiling point: 175-178*C / 347-352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Resembles Δ-9-THC, Less psychoactive, More stable Antiemetic

tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV)
Boiling point: < 220*C / <428 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic, Euphoriant

Terpenoid essential oils, their boiling points, and properties

β-myrcene
Boiling point: 166-168*C / 330.8-334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Analgesic. Antiinflammatory, Antibiotic, Antimutagenic

β-caryophyllene
Boiling point: 119*C / 246.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Cytoprotective (gastric mucosa), Antimalarial

d-limonene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Cannabinoid agonist?, Immune potentiator, Antidepressant, Antimutagenic

linalool
Boiling point: 198*C / 388.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antidepressant, Anxiolytic, Immune potentiator

pulegone
Boiling point: 224*C / 435.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Memory booster?, AChE inhibitor, Sedative, Antipyretic

1,8-cineole (eucalyptol)
Boiling point: 176*C / 348.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor, Increases cerebral, blood flow, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antiviral, Antiinflammatory, Antinociceptive

α-pinene
Boiling point: 156*C / 312.8 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, Bronchodilator, Stimulant, Antibiotic, Antineoplastic, AChE inhibitor

α-terpineol
Boiling point: 217-218*C / 422.6-424.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Sedative, Antibiotic, AChE inhibitor, Antioxidant, Antimalarial

terpineol-4-ol
Boiling point: 209*C / 408.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: AChE inhibitor. Antibiotic

p-cymene
Boiling point: 177*C / 350.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Anticandidal, AChE inhibitor

borneol
Boiling point: 210*C / 410 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antibiotic, Δ-3-carene 0.004% 168 Antiinflammatory

Δ-3-carene
Boiling point: 168*C / 334.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory

Flavonoid and phytosterol components, their boiling points, and properties

apigenin
Boiling point: 178*C / 352.4 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Anxiolytic, Antiinflammatory, Estrogenic

quercetin
Boiling point: 250*C / 482 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antioxidant, Antimutagenic, Antiviral, Antineoplastic

cannflavin A
Boiling point: 182*C / 359.6 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: COX inhibitor, LO inhibitor

β-sitosterol
Boiling point: 134*C / 273.2 degree Fahrenheit
Properties: Antiinflammatory, 5-α-reductase, inhibitor

This is really really cool, a valuable resource for anyone interested in vaporizing. It would be interesting to see the decomposition of these many components from smoking vs. vaporization.

I knew about the main psychoactive components but I had no idea about the many bioactive (and seemingly theraputic) terpenoids. This explains the many medically viable properties of cannabis, and further supports the use of a vape.

Sorry raver for sort of hijacking your thread but here's your information along with some cool diagrams. I stole this from another forum.

12j6T.png

cannabinoids2.jpg

This is really really cool, a valuable resource for anyone interested in vaporizing. It would be interesting to see the decomposition of these many components from smoking vs. vaporization.

I knew about the main psychoactive components but I had no idea about the many bioactive (and seemingly theraputic) terpenoids. This explains the many medically viable properties of cannabis, and further supports the use of a vape.

Same here the main few are easy to find but alot of them arent, and I too never realized just how many different active chemicals there were, or how many great uses they all have. Cannabis really is one of the greatest medicines on earth, so many postive thing it can do.

The diagrams are pretty cool also, thanks for adding them! Hopefully this will help people to get the most out of using there vaporizers nd help teach people more about the postive effects pot can have.

Last edited:
bump, i just got a digital desktop vape and a magic flight launch box- both work perfectly!
this thread is useful for the digital vape, and i noticed the differences in aroma/flavour/effect at the different temp. ranges..

Not completely related, but here's a chart I use when I "prebake" pot for edibles.
NSFW:
332urmg.jpg

This is a really cool thread!!!
I would hope that some mod puts it in an important place for those of us who might want to consult it in the future.

Links anyone?
I would very much like to see the hard data here.

Hi everyone. I am new to the site and found you via this very informative post. I have a question regarding the BP of THCV at <428F...I have just bought a vape so that I can still 'smoke' weed without the harmful carcinogens that are produced from burning the plant. If I set the unit for 428F so that I can vape the THCV, is this temp now so high that I am burning plant material again? If I set the temp lower, in the 375 range say, as most people do, how much am I really missing out on by not vaping the THCV? Is it usually a high content component of most strains?

Thanks in advance,

Combustion begins to occur at temps higher than about 450F... It's not a binary thing, mind you, but the hotter your vape gets the more funky thermal re-arrangements are going on.

THCV and other shorter-chain cannabinoids should boil at tempratures lower than THC because of their lighter molecular weights. It's also good to note that in most assayys, THCV works as a cannabinoid antagonist similar to CBD. It's a minor constituent of fresh Cannabis flowers grown for psychoactive use, though.

It's also important to note that even when cannabinoids or terpenes are hot oils they produce vapour via evaporation. It's not neccesary to "boil" THC if you are provinding any sort of air flow or suction - just melt it.

Links anyone?
I would very much like to see the hard data here.

Thanks for the reply mods, and yes this page should be kept readily available. I second the comment above though, lets give this info some credibilty and name the source. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see it in the previous posts. Can anyone help out here?

Thanks. Looks like some nice, light, bedtime reading! I, at least, appreciate knowing the info comes from a creditable source.

A... what?? A source?

A SOURCE???!?!?!

How's a direct copy of the OP in PDF form?

Here is the study in all it's 50 page glory.

every bit of data in this thread now has a source - it's all from the same damn study.

L2use apa.org/psycinfo
Reported for sourcing.

I do not see the value in knowing the effects of specific cannabinoids for casual smokers, wouldn't isolation of each cannabinoid be essential? Even with vaporizing, if you want a cannabinoid at say 374, you would be getting every other one below along with it?

^ yes, it's just interesting. People would be interested for hash and tincture purposes. It's also knowledge for knowledge sake, very convenient to find this info, it's nice.