• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Xanax vs Klonopin.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonE1

Bluelighter
Okay, as many new BLers join (or GLs technically 8))

Its good to put up threads where people can express there opinions on what they like more.

So....which do you perfer??

The quick amazing super fast kickin and instant relaxation, but way too short lived powers of xanax or.....

the super long lasting, very relaxing, minty goodness of klonopin??

Personally, I am so unsure as I love them both. When Im not so stoned ill be sure to answer =D

I prefer k-pins, longer lasting and for me a little less sedating. And I get them a lot cheaper.

I think I prefer clonazepam. Perhaps if I'd tried a lower dose of alprazolam instead of the 2mg bar I'd have liked it more, but for me it basically knocked me out.

I think I prefer clonazepam. Perhaps if I'd tried a lower dose of alprazolam instead of the 2mg bar I'd have liked it more, but for me it basically knocked me out.

Of course an entire 2mg bar knocked you out alprazolam is seriously powerful stuff, and I suggest people taking 1/4 a bar and start slow because yeah, me and a friend did a whole bar our first time, and we fuckin knocked out HARD

Im high as fuck and on 2mg klonopin and think I like it more as something for coming off a stimulant (adderall anyone?) as it lasts so long, but I love alprazolams super quick fuckin calmness in 15 min tops.

Takes me like an hour an half with clorazopam which is quite annoying

Of course an entire 2mg bar knocked you out alprazolam is seriously powerful stuff, and I suggest people taking 1/4 a bar and start slow because yeah, me and a friend did a whole bar our first time, and we fuckin knocked out HARD

Yeah, ignorance is a bitch.

I prefer Xanax, definitely. I've been prescribed both medications for numerous Anxiety Disorders for years & years, & although I do definitely think that Klonopin is very underrated (although certainly not in this particular thread) & in general a very great medication for treating anxiety problems, I feel that overall the effects of Klonopin are too subdued & weak. Xanax is the only commonly prescribed Benzo that has a strong enough, direct enough, & noticeable enough effect on my anxiety levels to really be of much use to me.

I'm surprised that so many people find Xanax to be so sedating. I actually find Xanax to have some minor yet definitely noticable"Stimulant" properties. With Klonopin, however, it's always been challenging for me to take a dosage high enough that I need to effectively treat my anxiety without it making me lethargic.
Also, Klonopin definitely can sometimes make me feel more "stupid", & most likely make me appear that way as well (I think slightly lower, I talk slightly slower, etc.) Actually, Klonopin apparently has effects along those lines on nearly everybody... I guess lots of people just don't notice or just don't care, though?

i prefer clonazepam, it is my 2nd favorite benzo(1st is temazepam).

i find clonazepam to be very relaxing/euphoric with a long duration. it also has a more "dopey" feeling than other benzos, produces a pleasant "body high", and it doesn't have too strong hypnotic effects(although large doses could easily lead to a blackout and sleep). it takes a while to peak but i can feel onset effects in less than an hour after taking.

clonazepam also is one of the strongest anxiety killing benzos(more than alprazolam imo) which is good as i suffer from anxiety. if i take a few k-pins in early night hours i can still feel anxiety relief and calm well into the next day after waking up due to it's long duration/half life. this also makes it good for stimulant comedowns.

i think alprazolam is overrated, i find even diazepam to be a superior benzo. alprazolam's duration is short, its not very euphoric, its not as sedating as people say it is, and street prices are overpriced(like $5 per bar and it takes 3 bars or more for me to feel high, i'd rather spend my money on better drugs).

i've noticed most of alprazolam sold on the street is to ravers(usually dumbass high school kids) who pop ecstacy pills like candy and are constanly on a comedown or are rolling and know they're going to crash so they are willing to over pay some dealer for some bars to kill the crash.

i think the reason alprazolam is so well known and in demand is because it is overperscribed(i just said to my doc that i'm uncomfortable about MRI tests and he immediately offered xanax). you could look in any soccer mom's medicine cabinet and find a bottle of bars. it's wide availablity and decent potency(compared to most other benzos) has made it popular, but there's way better benzos out there.

Last edited:
I prefer klonopin. Xanax felt a lot weaker when I was taking it. But it was prescribed to help with anxiety in relation to insomnia. So the klonopin works better in just being a little more sedating than xanax was.

also, klonopin tastes good, the xanax I had tasted horrible

xanax wins everytime for me,much more pronounced effects (ime) all be that it may be shorter acting to many,i find clonazepam pretty useless regardless of its long duration of effects,i find diazepam far superior if your looking for longer term effects,i can take diazepam on the weekend and still feel the anti anxiety effects up until midweek :) whereas xanax is a lot shorter acting it hits hard and is great for short haul flights.

personally (and i know many will disagree) id rather have any benzo other than clonazepam.

the only major downside to xanax is the serious amnesia,especially when mixed with alcohol :/

I prefer Clonazepam due to its long duration and excellent muscle relaxant effects. Alprazolam kicks in fast, that's good, but its so short acting, like 3 hours, and it produces a Bi-Polar type of effect because taking it daily is like UP/DOWN four times in the day.

I prefer Clonazepam due to its long duration and excellent muscle relaxant effects. Alprazolam kicks in fast, that's good, but its so short acting, like 3 hours, and it produces a Bi-Polar type of effect because taking it daily is like UP/DOWN four times in the day.

can't beat diazepam for muscle relaxant =D

For anxiety klonopin, panic attacks xanax and for anxiety/muscle relaxer Valium.... For amazing tasty goodness temazepam!

Xanax is not over rated if used what it's meant for. It will stop a panic attack dead in its tracks. However with that knockdown power I don't find it to be recreational unless I want to sleep. When having panic attacks of that magnitude though a bar wouldn't phase me.

xanax just makes me retared and not remeber anything

k pins are good they sedate me and keep me anxiety freee! :)

valium or xanax klonopin is what i have and they sedate me alot and then im up like this...maybe it was meth comedown feeling.....i dunno this weird temazepam time..

Never had Klonopin but have had Xanax & Valium & from my experiences, I dont like how Valium or Xanax makes me feel after I come down from the stuff. Valium makes me super groggy & I can sleep for 10 hours & still feel tired when I get up. Im wanting to try Klonopin & hopefully I will like it.

I prefer zanax stronger high but appears to be more addictive at least for me I dont get much effect from klonopin at all if i swallow so I let most of it dissolve under my tonge then chew and swallow whats left and get more but still not enough effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.