• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opana ER isopropyl alcohol extraction method

customconcern

Greenlighter
Hello fellow bluelighters, I'm here to settle the debate over defeating the TimeRX system in Opana ER (stop signs).

First and foremost, in the interest of harm reduction, I have to make it clear that injecting ANY kind of pill is not safe. Using heat, even when necessary increases the amount of binders and fillers that make it through the filter. You should always use a micron filter if available, and make sure all of your equipment is completely sterile. Come on people, you know this stuff already, if you don't, you shouldn't be attempting to IV anything, and you should read no further.

Anyways, I have attempted this once with 70% isopropyl alcohol and just boiled down the solution in a saucepan, and was almost entirely unsuccesful.
I have used the following method 7 times so far, and was extremely successful every time.

I used 91% isopropyl alcohol. Anything weaker than this will not work, as the water content is too high and will cause the solution to gel. I also used 1cc (100 unit), 29 gauge insulin syringes.

(1) I used a hose clamp to grind up 1/3 of a 30mg Opana ER after removing the coating.
Note: If you plan to use the extracted oxymorphone intravenously, please remember that it is as much as 10 times more potent than when taken orally, and about 3-4 times as potent as when insufflated. If this is your first time, be conservative about your dose. You can always do more later.
The contents were put into a metal spoon and mixed with .8ccs of 91% iso. alcohol.

(2)I used a paper clip to stuff .1ccs of cotton into a second syringe, and removed the plunger. Using a third syringe with the needle removed, I drew up the oxymorphone/rubbing alcohol solution and carefully squirted it into the back of the second syringe (the one with the cotton in it). If there is any room left in the syringe, I added more alcohol (however much room was left in the second syringe), to the spoon to get as much of the ground opana into the 2nd syringe.

(3)I thoroughly washed and dried the spoon and turned on a stovetop to low heat. I inserted the plunger into the 2nd syringe and firmly, but carefully pushed the solution through the cotton and needle, and into the clean spoon.

(4)You should have a clear solution in the spoon. Place the spoon on the stovetop on the lowest possible setting (if you don't have a stovetop or hot plate, a lighter may be used but do NOT apply the flame directly to the spoon). Remember, 91% isopropyl alcohol is VERY flammable. If your solution is exposed too much heat or an open flame, it WILL catch fire, and it will destroy the oxymorphone.
Allow the solution to cook until ALL of the alcohol is cooked off. You should be left with a film coating the bottom of the spoon. This will peel off easily during the next step.

(5)Remove the spoon from the heat source. Scrape off the film and cut it into as many small pieces as possible. Add .9 ccs of purified H20 to the spoon and stir vigorously. Stir for 5 minutes, about halfway through you may need to add more water to compensate for the water that will evaporate. Note that the film will not dissolve completely. You should notice a slight color change in the solution though, that will indicate that the oxymorphone has dissolved.

(6)Using a tightly compacted cotton filter, draw up the solution. You may save the film and use it again to get any remaining oxymorphone. A strong, pleasurable, dilaudid-like rush will indicate that you were successful.

Congratulations! As I said, I've used this method several times and have been successful every time. Please be careful! This stuff is stronger IV'ed than you think! So be safe, and enjoy!

Excellent post. When I used to use, I never had the chance to get any Opana ERs, I only had the 10mg IRs, which mixed fine with regular cold water -- however, in my opinion they kinda sucked. I never really liked regular oxycodone via IV either - but when you're a junkie, you'll shoot up anything 8) and I have admittedly shot up tons of pills in the past. This pertains to doing up to 50-60 mg of oxymorphone (5-6x 10mg Opana IRs) in a shot, all carefully extracted and filtered. Not with alcohol, but using just regular cold water-after dissolving then filtering a very finely-crushed very well through sterile dental cotton and then a micron filter. The result was a just barely opaquely pink (due to the colorants in the pill mass) hued liquid with a very heavy pharmaceutical scent and an extremely bitter taste when bioassayed. I also would regularly do 2 shots (back-to-back, in immediate succession) of regular oxycodone (almost always via the use of 2 x OC 80s or [preferred] 4 x OC 40s). I remember reading somewhere that the maximum solubility of oxycodone at room temperature in water was 166 mg/mL - I'm not sure if that information was accurate, but I didn't want to risk and end up with an supersatured solution. So I'd do 320 mg of oxycodone at once. Do you guys think I just wasn't doing enough? I used to shoot at least .5g of some VERY high quality powder #4 dope (raw & expensive) in a shot-sometimes approaching a gram, 2 times per day, minimum. If I was doing morphines (the grey 100mg Mallinckrodt MSContins with the boxed M) I would do several hundred milligrams per injection - 300 at once I remember, and when with the 8mg Dilaudids I would boot up to 72mg at once, I remember doing. Are these just insanely high dosages due to some kind of problem of my own biological functions? Or from my massively high tolerance, no doubt tempered from years of successively increasing hardcore drug use (IV speedball addiction for several years, taking successive downers) or do you think I just am naturally needing more drugs than most people? I'm normal sized, if not big (6'4" 220 lbs) but I used to weigh only 165-170 lbs when I was really hardcore using. So, IDK if that has anything to do with it.

It's been so long since a needle has pierced my skin, and I am so healthy now that you could never make any inference towards me being a total gutter drug addict and misanthropic "bottom-of-the-barrel" failure of a human being in just about every aspect possible at all (were you to be making your assumptions based off looks alone). In fact, the only remaining markers of my use - those other than a fucking retrospectivel memoir's worth of blasphemous stories of the menacing tales of a philandering dope fiend are a nice couple of scars right in the pits of my arm. I am pretty sure I permanently fucked up one of my veins - the one in the main crook in my left arm, and I'm pretty sure that the shot at the time was from an OC 80- even done through a micron filter. It doesn't look gross or anything, but I know it's fucked up, I can tell - and I couldn't hit it for months before I got clean.

Sorry to have totally gone off on a tangent - over the course of writing my reply to this thread, I smoked a bowl of some reeeeeeeally potent buds and I'm straight blazed right now, :p<3:)

Last edited:
I used to use Acetone when I IV'd opana (yellow 40's).....I'd wash the crushed up opana on the acetone several times and had a oral syringe to "juice" out the cotton. Stuff is EXTREMELY strong and EXTREMELY good high :)

I used to use Acetone when I IV'd opana (yellow 40's).....I'd wash the crushed up opana on the acetone several times and had a oral syringe to "juice" out the cotton. Stuff is EXTREMELY strong and EXTREMELY good high :)

the pink IR opana 10s are awesome, they dissolve instantly like heroin when they're crushed up i love them.

Great post OP. :)

Last edited:
CC, I edited your thread title and removed "confirmed". This designation implies some kind of outside (preferably professional/scientific) source determined the veracity of your method and that's not the case.

I mean no offense by this but I want people to understand this is a method that you've discovered... claiming confirmation implies some sort of independent verification and I'm sure in some minds, safety.

I didn't edit your post at all, which from what I can tell is excellent, just nixed the one word in the title.

the pink IR opana 10s are awesome, they dissolve instantly like heroin when they're crushed up i love them.

Great post OP. :)

yeah the 10mg IR opanas are the BOMB! Only had them a few times but MY GOD they are awesome. shooting opana ER are just as good but WAY harder to prepare and you loose A LOT more product. IV oxymorphone= one of the best opioid highs/ best "bang" for your buck :)

CC, I edited your thread title and removed "confirmed". This designation implies some kind of outside (preferably professional/scientific) source determined the veracity of your method and that's not the case.

I mean no offense by this but I want people to understand this is a method that you've discovered... claiming confirmation implies some sort of independent verification and I'm sure in some minds, safety.

I didn't edit your post at all, which from what I can tell is excellent, just nixed the one word in the title.

No, thank you you're absolutely right about what the old title implied. I had put "confirmed" as I had seen a few threads on here that laid this method out, and the response was about 50/50 "this works"/"this doesn't work.". So I just wanted to post, in detail, the success of my experiment.

Also I want to remind people again that IV Opana ER is VERY DANGEROUS in the wrong hands because of the extremely high doses relative to the jump in bioavailability. I imagine this post is the answer to many fellow junkies' biggest quandary, and it's only responsible that, in the interest of harm reduction, I make a clear disclaimer. Anything higher than 5mgs to a non-tolerant user can be fatal. As a very tolerant user I cannot go above 15mgs. Hope this helps a lot of people make the most out of their Opana experience!

P.S I forgot to mention, this process seems like a lot of work but once you get the hang of it and have all the tools laid out, the whole thing from pill to push-off only takes 5-10 minutes, tops. Enjoy!

Yerp, the only way I will use Opana is by crushing it and soaking it in atleast 1ml of everclear for each 10mg, preferably for each 5mg (no basis for this, I just want to make sure it gets mre out, and I have big syringes to hold that much of an eth/water mix.

They're sooooo fucking easy to get past. I always heard "these Opana ERs with the big R on the back are fucking worthless to IV, impossible to get past gel."

Bulllllllshit, I can have a shot ready in 3 minutes tops.

I've tried doing this with malli morphine SR's without as much luck, as it seems the morphine is alittle less soluble in ethanol and some of the gooky agent still gets aborbed too

So, I've been thinking, with which solvent will this method work best.

Isopropyl Alcohol (91% ), Acetone, or Everclear (95% ethanol)?

Methinks the isopropyl is most likely to leave behind chemical residue, but which do you guys think would be most efficient (more OM dissolved).

Last edited:
Well i always used acetone and it evaporates very quickly and seemed to work very well. i never used isopropyl so I dont know if its better or not than acetone

this thread is about an isoprpyl alcohol extraction, not acetone, so let's keep it on topic please. if you've got an acetone method which is to the standard of this post (i'm not saying it's a safe thing to do IVing afterwards because i've never tries it, but am open for discussion) then feel free to post it and discuss the acetone process.

the mega thread would be a better place for the iso vs acetone extraction method.

So, I've been thinking, with which solvent will this method work best.

Isopropyl Alcohol (91% ), Acetone, or Everclear (95% ethanol)?

Methinks the isopropyl is most likely to leave behind chemical residue, but which do you guys think would be most efficient (more OM dissolved).

Fortunately, isopropyl alcohol does not leave a residue when it evaporates, so long as foreign matter has not been dissolved in the isopropyl. For example, if you have 91% isopropyl alcohol, it's 91% alcohol and 9% water. Both should evaporate completely.

I don't know why, but it seems like my tolerance grows so damn fast to everything, thank god there is medical marijuana :p

snorting a 40 ER opana does nothing for me, I need at least 120-160 at once for a nod like high. Opana made my tolerance go up ridiculously fast and gave me the worst stomach problems with constipation lol. I've weaned myself off and trying to get my stomach back to normal and lower my tolerance lol

Edit: I'm a total newb with the whole IV thing and have deep veins so I won't be doing that without a good teacher hahaha

Last edited:
Never felt to sick

OK I will say a am a bit new to IV use. I get Opana 40's and wanted to try the IPA extraction method. I got the 91% IPA and a baby syringe with a rubber tip. I took about 1/2 a 40 and crushed it up very fine and added 1 TBS of IPA and stirred it was really good. I took cotton and packed the tip hard and drew up the solution. I then had a totally clear solution in the syringe. I took off the tip with the cotton and put the solution into a clean latte and very slowly evaporated the IPA and I was left with a brownish tan sticky gel in the spoon.

I then added distilled water and stirred it for about 5 mins and then put in cotton and pulled it into my 1cc syringe and shot.

I got a good rush but I woke up the next day and felt so sick like I was poisoned. It took a who day of sleeping it off to feel better.

My question is did I do something wrong. Should the gel I got have been sticky? I am wondering if I should have heated it longer if maybe I didn't get all the IPA out of the gel. Can someone tell me if it should be sticky after its done or should it be more of a powder I can scrape out before I do my final mix and pull it up...

8(

Thanks to all for any help you can give me....

damn i had a 20er i snorted not long ago..but i did me ok..if i ever come across one again i might have to give this a go ..but i been pretty much clean other then a lil slip up or 2 over the past 3 months.. thanks for info tho seems to be a good option im sure a mirco would be much safer tho

Pure oxcodone oxymorphone is a crystalline powder and not a sticky gel. The idea is not to shoot the gel in this tech and just extract the oxymorphone into solution though.

The symptoms you described are akin to blood poisoning which is your body going into overdrive in a reaction to the nasties you injected. It could have been insoluble particles getting through, endotoxins from bacteria living in the cotton, dirty tap water, unsterilized equipment, or a host of other issues.

Last edited:
Thanks amapola! So it should have been a powder after it was cooked down and not a gel? so i am thinking I did not cook it down enough. I used new distilled water and all my equipment was clean. I did not shoot any of the gel just to be clear I mixed the gel into distilled water and stirred it for about 5 mins then put in cotton and drew it up. There was no gel in the shot it was all clear but I am thinking that there was still IPA in the gel and that would have got into the water and into the shot I took. I guess what your saying is that it should have been a crystal powder after I cooked it down leading me to think I needed to slowly cook it down more and end up with a powder and not a gel. Then that could be scraped out of the spoon and then put into a clean spoon and stirred up? I also just added water to the spoon I cook it down it with out removing it first and I think that also may have lead to getting IPA in the shot I got causing my sick feeling as it was not an OD feeling at all. I just had the worst headache I've ever had for an entire day and just general overall shitty feeling body wide...

Thanks for your response! If you could just clarify what I'm thinking is correct I would appreciate it!!!!!

Stay safe everyone!!! Do not make my mistake..... Or your in for a bad day...

One more side note in reading the instructions on the top on this page on instruction # 5 he refers to it as a film you scrape off and not a powder. I guess this is were my confusion comes from. A film would refer more to a gel like I got and not a crystal powder. I just want to make sure I'm clear b4 trying this again as its Friday and I have 27 more 40's to work with and ready to try again but I sure as hell do not want to have the same experience I had the first time....

Also you said oxycodone is a crystal powder but this tread is referring to OxyMorphone... Just to clarify your response....

Last edited:
Thanks amapola! So it should have been a powder after it was cooked down and not a gel? so i am thinking I did not cook it down enough...
I guess what your saying is that it should have been a crystal powder after I cooked it down...
he refers to it as a film you scrape off and not a powder. I guess this is were my confusion comes from. A film would refer more to a gel like I got and not a crystal powder
According to the tech it says the drug should still be a gel and you then absorb just the oxymorphone from that into solution. My comment about the crystalline form of solid oxymorphone was just that, a comment about the actual drug's solid form.
I just want to make sure I'm clear b4 trying this again as its Friday and I have 27 more 40's to work with and ready to try again but I sure as hell do not want to have the same experience I had the first time....
I have no idea if this actually works and can't guarentee it will work next time. It could have been a fault with the extraction or one with the equipment.