• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Why is there fluoride in SSRIs

Anti-fluoridation is like it's ugly cousin anti-vaccination. General distrust in doctors and science mixed with poor understanding of science... and I'm not saying people should always trust scientists and doctors 100%, but it's a lot better to put your faith in science than all this new-age crackpottery and conspiracy theories.

The problem is, people get confused and dazzled by homeopaths and other pseudoscientific crackpots who spread misinformation for their own gain - after all, the more people they get distrusting science, the more potential marks they have for their healing crystals, energy water and all other garbage that's being sold to the gullible masses.

but if you put your faith into something, it has to be considered 100% honest and positive. but you are saying, you rather put your faith into science even tho its not always 100% the truth. so is it none or all ? you cant believe something only half.

also funny how you say people explore the distrust of people for science and use it to sell crap claiming magical healings or w/e but they do it because one time science claims it is so and it is good for you, then one year later science says it never claimed such thing and its actually bad for you. people in advertisement business use it to their gain legaly at such point and it is science to blame for this to begin with because they constantly make incomplete reports and change them just as quick. so i say trust science 0% and anything that is offshoot of science same thing, 0% truth in it as well.

ah just recent example i was reading a week ago. i found new reports of vitamin e was considered good for the heart and "science" was indirectly advertising the use of it in pretty big amounts ? then over years businesses used the oportunity to sell their shit with claims BACKED BY SCIENCE. are they scamers ? are they the bad guys ? now "science" says NO OMG ITS BAD (not saying they made a mistake of course because of arrogance) and they claim its wrong now. people exploit consumers with false claims !!! pffft
probably in many years they will also admit that flouride was pretty bad and it was used in extensive quantities to unsuspected masses but it will be too late. when does it happen tho... WIKILEAKS ANYONE ??

The nature of science, asecin, is that it's a continual search for knowledge. Thus, consensus will sometimes change. New facts come to light. New discoveries are made. That's part of what makes science great. However...

"because one time science claims it is so and it is good for you, then one year later science says it never claimed such thing and its actually bad for you"

That's really not the case, perhaps if you only get your science from popular magazine articles it will seem like that too you, but most scientists are naturally cautious when it comes to making any sweeping claims. Besides, there are plenty of disagreements in the scientific world. You say "science" as if it's this single entity that has a single opinion.

And, finally, you can't blame scientists for the unscrupulous practices of businessmen.

"probably in many years they will also admit that flouride was pretty bad and it was used in extensive quantities to unsuspected masses but it will be too late"

Highly unlikely.

nah i dont want to argue about this in a thread about something else.
ill just put it in the most scientific, mathematical, A+ argumentive way possible - science community sucks ass !!!!!

Fair enough... but there's also the issue of you not really having an argument.

ill just put it in the most scientific, mathematical, A+ argumentive way possible - science community sucks ass !!!!!

Hmm... well if you think the scientific community "sucks ass," then I'd recommend you stop using all the things that science is responsible for. So you should definitely stop using computers and the Internet. Also, telephones... don't use those. Actually, just go off electricity entirety.

And don't use any pharmaceuticals or drugs, and don't see any doctors. Don't drive cars or use public transportation. You should probably just go live in the woods and be a hunter-gatherer.

I mean, that stuff all "sucks ass" anyway.

Why hasn't this thread been closed or in the least moved out of ADD?

I only drink bottled water, I guess that explains why I am so feisty all the time compared to most others. =D

well i believe this convo started from jesse venturas world wide water conspiracy, and according to that GC MS has determined lithium and otther mind control chemicals are in bottle water because the fda does not have to regulate them

p.s that is not my opinion that was on the show i watch dont flame t he messenger

I agree with you, my grandpa was given nitroglycerine for stroke prevention and as you can imagine the next day his heart exploded out of his chest, and the woman standing next to him suddenly had an abortion.
Man, those evil evil governments...

Pharms are evil, and as an act of self-humanity we should all rebel to the system and go eat whatever kinds of plants or funghi given to us by mother nature to cure ourselves.
It's naaaaaatureeeeeeewl!!!

Not that 60% of our medicines are derived from plant/fungal sources...

but if you put your faith into something, it has to be considered 100% honest and positive. but you are saying, you rather put your faith into science even tho its not always 100% the truth. so is it none or all ? you cant believe something only half.

I don't put my "faith" in science. Science doesn't require faith. It's not a religion.

also funny how you say people explore the distrust of people for science and use it to sell crap claiming magical healings or w/e but they do it because one time science claims it is so and it is good for you, then one year later science says it never claimed such thing and its actually bad for you.

You don't really understand science, do you? Science has no dogma. Science is all about the evidence. If new evidence is found, then theories are changed accordingly. If this was not the case, then science wouldn't be science. Get it?

Also, homeopathy, miracle healings etc. are not science. Not in this day and age, when we know there is no scientifical basis for them to work.

people in advertisement business use it to their gain legaly at such point and it is science to blame for this to begin with because they constantly make incomplete reports and change them just as quick.

*facepalm* no, science is not to blame for people being gullible. People have been gullible for a long time before science, case in point: the bible.

so i say trust science 0% and anything that is offshoot of science same thing, 0% truth in it as well.

Yes, I can see you have forsaken the path of intelligence. Unfortunately for you, the world doesn't care if you believe in science or not: it will not stop functioning according to scientific principles even if you stop "believing" in them.

I hope this is a joke.

You don't really understand science, do you? Science has no dogma. Science is all about the evidence. If new evidence is found, then theories are changed accordingly. If this was not the case, then science wouldn't be science. Get it?

Also, homeopathy, miracle healings etc. are not science. Not in this day and age, when we know there is no scientifical basis for them to work.

1st Paragraph: link me to something that proves fluoridated water is good for you, and i will link you to 2 things proving it's not.

2nd Paragraph: I agree.

dread so you believe scientists when its all based on money. the whole science method is reliable on governments, and corporations pay huge amount of money for their own benefits and any smart scientist will be wise enough to do as they tell him/her to.
"Science has no dogma. Science is all about the evidence" sure pal except its all based on money, contacts and influence ;)
Scientists are bias, they choose whatever according to their benefits.
Scientists = humans = erroneous creatures incapable of ever conceiving one and only truth even if they tried for the rest of their lives

well i believe this convo started from jesse venturas world wide water conspiracy, and according to that GC MS has determined lithium and otther mind control chemicals are in bottle water because the fda does not have to regulate them

p.s that is not my opinion that was on the show i watch dont flame t he messenger

anyone has sources on this statement ? im curious what other chemicals can be found in there. interesting how people concetrated so much on the fluoride in the water here, but completely ignored the fact that water contains a huge amount of all kinds of chemicals and drugs. either intentionally put or accidental... very suspicious.
also i thought lithium was suppose to make you feel good and its actually naturally occurring chemical in certain springs and in small quantities is good for you, no ? i dont think thats the one thing in water we should worry about.

^ I believe yes, scientists can warp their experiments / conclusions to fit the wants of whoever it is funding them (we've seen it happen time and time again, especially when the government are involved).. but I do also believe most science is about science.

In the UK:

A few of the chemicals that are routinely added to water are:

* Calcium Hydroxide
* Chlorine(liquified)
* Aluminium Sulphate
* Sodium Silicofluoride

Tap water typically contains:

* Chlorine
* Flouride compounds
* Nitrates
* Trihalomethanes
* Pesticides
* Salts of
o Arsenic
o Copper
o Lead
o Mercury
o Cadmuim
o Radium

can you find the url or some article about this. interesting to read further...

I just realised that people also seem to think i am against big pharma companies.. I am not. I even believe that SSRIs have helped millions of people. Sometimes, though, money comes before health benefits for these companies.. Although, on the whole.. their medicines work.. (obviously)..