• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Why is there fluoride in SSRIs

^ Bird flu vaccine.

Cancer drugs being so expensive / never put on the market.

Edit: that was to naverone..

I see. I am no chemist ill be the first to admit that. Thats why i started this thread was to get the facts. all i had were conspiracies and things that looked like facts, i didnt know the fluorine in the SSRIs was not introduced into the body because of a benzene ring. Thank you for this useful information. the conspiracy convo was semi fun while it lasted

Does not matter much WHAT fluorine is bonded to, metabolically speaking. There ARE a few things that release the toxic fluoride ion, such as the inhalational anaesthetic halothane, where it can end up causing kidney damage if prolonged use is required.

But fluorine is a vicious bastard as far as elements go, in the elemental state, once it bonds, it really doesn't like to let go, highest electronegativity of any element, and just hungers for those valence bonding electrons, even in the case of otherwise near enough inert atoms with full valence shells, the autistic atoms out there, who really do not feel the need to bond with others, as their capacity for 'wanting' to form covalent bonds with another atom, is all but full, such as the noble gases, argon, krypton, neon, xenon, etc, not sure if a helium fluoride, or compound of any kind yet exists, but usually, those inert last period gases, the first compounds known of them, were fluorides, occasionally oxides, but usually no, it is usually the fluorinated derivatives of various kinds and made through exotic modes of synthesis, that is all due to the tremendous reactivity of fluorine.

(and in the elemental state, extreme toxicity, gaseous F2 in even extremely dilute concentrations will literally ignite flesh, and burn right through it thermally, not just corrosively, the corresponding hydrohalic acid, HF, is a weak acid, in the sense of PKa, as the reactivity of F means it doesn't dissociate nearly as well into its ionic species, in aqueous solution as does HCl, HBr, and HI, which get less electronegative as you move down the halogens, it stays tightly bound to its counterpart atom, H, shielding the acidic proton from being able to exist out in the open, so to speak, and lessening acidity.

That, results in something much much nastier than HCl, I have spilled concentrated HCl on me a good few times, and the absolute worst thing I have ever felt, is a little stinging, as it was promptly noticed and removed, and that is if it gets to sit on you, without being noticed for a few, although it will bleach and ruin your favourite clothes just perfectly, it doesn't cause severe burning easily via skin contact.

Contrast with an HF burn, which I have never experienced, but which is apparently incredibly painful, as whilst a weak acid, it gets to travel easily right through the skin, where it begins to react, and sequester calcium, mainly, but to a lesser degree other electrolytes, both from the blood, tissue and bones, yup, thats right, HF will seep through you, and leach the Ca2+ from your bones, causing an immense amount of pain in the process, causing the sludging out of the formed CaF2, which is quite insoluable in water and all the problems attending the sudden massive drop in serum calcium levels.

Working with HF in anything but the most diluted solutions, one must have intravenous and IM injectable forms of calcium gluconate, alongside a topical wash solution of the same, to be used if contact occurs, to provide a source of Ca2+ cation for the hydrofluoric acid to react with, that isn't the calcium in your blood and bones, and thus mitigate the toxicity by ensuring that less HF is left un-sated, to chew on one's tender, delicious bones=D

The carbon-fluorine bond is very, very strong however, and presents no such risks as attended by F2, or HF, the F in a fluorocarbon has sunk its teeth right in, and like a pitbull, won't let go, and it sure as hell isn't coming off as HF/fluoride ion in vivo.

I wanted to apolagize for my first post above, it might have been intended as personal to the author of the thread but sincerely I was sarcastically pointing out how some naive minded uneducated people make foolish assumptions on random similiarities. Also i was pointing out this weird 'fad' about "all natural", "natures loves us" when in reality every living being struggles to survive to a naturally hostile world and that what evolution is all about, survival.

There are thousands of nature made poisons and dangers out there that most uneducate people do not..actually cannot consider and just because of the instrinct greedy nature of the market along with many scientific mistakes done in the past, are not a valid reason to mystify some sorrt of evil conspiracy of government, pharmaceutical companies ect....

It is easy to point finges unconsiderably when not motivated enough to do reasearch yourself because "everything is a lie" kind of approach.
We as evolved beings are adapted to a wide range of substances that might prove toxic or fatal to others (eg.chocolate for dogs and cats due to their caffeine content) but that does not mean that the world was put here for us to be happy and nature itself is undoubtably hostile and what keeps us alive is survival hand in hand with research and ways to live healthier and better, sadly though the capitalistic market has driven it's individuals to sometimes give more value to income rather than moral and that is why information is the only way to 'get to the truth'.

It just bugs the fuck out of me seeing people making conspiracy assumptions on things they do not have the slightest knowledge of just for their somehow pleasure of blaming all authorities and such.

Sorry, I wasn`t clear: the fluorine isn`t kept attached to the molecule because of the benzene ring. I was just using both fluorine and benzene as examples of molecular moieties that are not released from their parent molecules during metabolism. There`s just no molecular "tool" (i.e. enzyme, or other biological process) availiable inside the human body to yank them off.

A classic example of a dangerous fluorine molecule is sodium fluoroacetate, a pesticide. The body has a method for metabolizing the molecule in a way that it disrupts the citric acid cycle and causes mayhem throughout the body at a cellular level. Fluorinated alcohols like fluorobutanol also have this effect.

Fluorine is in so many different pharmaceuticals beyond SSRIs I think we`d see the hard evidence of toxicity by now.

Nazi's used flouride to keep jewish prisoners "dumbed down" and "complacent" apparently..

we have had flouride put in our water supply. Go figure.

I only drink bottled water, I guess that explains why I am so feisty all the time compared to most others. =D

I only drink bottled water, I guess that explains why I am so feisty all the time compared to most others. =D

No, that explains where all your money goes. If you live in an area where tap water is literally undrinkable I can understand it, but otherwise you'd have to be an idiot to a) pay 100x price for water in a bottle and b) you're also harming the environment - do you realize how much waste is produced from empty water bottles?

http://www.thehealthierlife.co.uk/n...lth/fluoride-drinking-water-banned-19064.html

http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=11571&page=205

or

http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=11571

http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.htm

Last one has citations to studies.

And atm i can't find any HARDCORE evidence that fluoride was used by Stalin and Hitler but there are enough articles out there from people who have obviously looked into it. (No not just conspiracy theorists)..

Funny how when someone disagrees with something the government tells them to accept they are classified as a conspiracy theorist which in turn comes with the "ignore me im crazy" label.

Last edited:
From the Encyclopedia of Materia Medica..

FLUORIDE SYMPTOMS:

--Great loss of memory, forgets almost everything.
--Good memory in morning, forgetfulness every evening.
--Forgetfulness in his daily employment of dates.
--On making notes, mistakes right for left.
--Mental weakness.
--Mental excitability.
--Feels indifference towards those he loves best.
--Aversion (intense dislike) to his own family, bordering on insanity.
--Gay disposition, everything is satisfactory.
--Excessive hilarity; great buoyancy of mind.
--Greatly depressed in mind.
--Exceedingly anxious, causing sweat; greater in morning than evening.
--Sensation as if danger menaced him, but without fear.
--Felt certain that something dreadful would happen, with dullness in head.
--Fear of apoplexy (stroke).
--Anxiety.
--Irritable, disagreeing mood.
--Moodiness in evening, greater than morning.
--Very ill humored.
--Discontent and excessive ill humor followed by indifference and forgetfulness, and finally by perfect contentment and uncommonly gay disposition of mind.
--Congestion of blood mostly to forehead.
--Feeling in brain as if on the verge of being struck with apoplexy. (A stroke)
--Vertigo with sickness of stomach.
--A kind of sinking weakness, has to sit down.
--Feeling as if in an earthquake.
--Sensation of weakness, like numbness in head, same in hands.
--Sensation of numbness in forehead.
--Congestion of blood in forehead.
--Heaviness above eyes, with nausea.
--Severe pressing of both temples.
--Compressing pain in temples.
--Slight pain in right temple, followed by left.
--Headache in skull, behind ears.
--Headache accompanied by congestion of blood to head, sensation of numbness.
--Headache every morning.
--Sensation of weakness, like numbness in head.
--Numbness in head and hands.
--Dull, heavy headache.
--Congestive headache.
--Dullness & pressure in back of head.
--Dullness in back of head.
--Pressure on both sides, back of head.
--Headache in back of head, with fullness in head.
--Headache from neck to forehead; dull feeling in head.
--Atrophy of brain.

Last edited:
Many doctors and dentists and professors and etc and etc have come forward telling of the health risks that flouridation of drinking water imposes.

I'm not a conspiracy theory nut job. I just have my eyes open.

But you know, i understand. It's hard to think outside the box when you don't realise you are in one. *wooo deep*

/end

http://www.thehealthierlife.co.uk/n...lth/fluoride-drinking-water-banned-19064.html

http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=11571&page=205

or

http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=11571

http://www.fluoridealert.org/50-reasons.htm

Last one has citations to studies.

And atm i can't find any HARDCORE evidence that fluoride was used by Stalin and Hitler but there are enough articles out there from people who have obviously looked into it. (No not just conspiracy theorists)..

Funny how when someone disagrees with something the government tells them to accept they are classified as a conspiracy theorist which in turn comes with the "ignore me im crazy" label.

Umm, what about posting some references here yourself instead of posting links to thore retarded sites with a vague mentioning of some references are there on that link?

But since i have nothing to do:

http://www.icnr.com/articles/fluoride-deposition.html

Abstract
The purpose was to discover whether fluoride (F) accumulates in the aged human pineal gland. The aims were to determine (a) F-concentrations of the pineal gland (wet), corresponding muscle (wet) and bone (ash); (b) calcium-concentration of the pineal. Pineal, muscle and bone were dissected from 11 aged cadavers and assayed for F using the HMDS-facilitated diffusion, F-ionspecific electrode method. Pineal calcium was determined using atomic absorption spectroscopy. Pineal and muscle contained 297±257 and 0.5±0.4 mg F/kg wet weight, respectively; bone contained 2,037±1,095 mg F/kg ash weight. The pineal contained 16,000±11,070 mg Ca/kg wet weight. There was a positive correlation between pineal F and pineal Ca (r = 0.73, p<0.02) but no correlation between pineal F and bone F. By old age, the pineal gland has readily accumulated F and its F/Ca ratio is higher than bone.

Actually i do have stuff to do buh bye have fun.

By the way i'm not exactly trying to make anyone believe that the government puts it in our water supply to dumb us down or anything.. that's a belief i personally have. I'm expecting people to realise flouride has far more health risks than benefits (if it has any benefits). So now ask yourself why it's being put into our water supply? Doctors and healthcare professionals have come forward citing the dangers of fluoridating drinking water to then only be sacked. Even the EPA say that fluoridating drinking water is bordering on criminal activity from the government.

Meh i live in a place where there is no fluoride in the water and im still a goddamn nutjob so what gives? I have lived in places where there was fluodire in the water and i drank it and hell even used it to shoot up a few times and nope no dumbing down :\

Maybe you should go investigate area 51 while your at it. Aliens could be in on this conspiracy with the government to colonize earth 8o

http://www.health.gov/environment/ReviewofFluoride/MAJfind.htm

Most of the arguments against fluoridation are pure pseudoscientific new-age nonsense. Such as "fluoride suppresses the chakras in your pineal gland" and that sort of thing.

There are some legitimate concerns, but most of those have to do with dosages that are way beyond the ones in tap water. Meanwhile, there is clear evidence of the dental benefits of fluoride.

Also: fluoride is found in most drinking water naturally, although usually in smaller concentrations than artificially fluoridated water - but some places have a naturally high fluoride content in the soil, so water pumped from these areas can have even more fluoride than fluoridated water. Also, many bottled waters also contain fluoride, perhaps for this very reason.

Last edited:
I assume this is your first time looking at a molecular diagram?

I am going to let you know about an even more diabolical government conspiracy - look again at the citalopram molecule - it contains BENZENE one of the most carcinogenic mind controlling chemicals known!

LMAO. Fluoride in SSRIs? Mind control shit for sure man. Shit I should have used a proxy server to post that...

Unholy_three.png

http://www.health.gov/environment/ReviewofFluoride/MAJfind.htm

Most of the arguments against fluoridation are pure pseudoscientific new-age nonsense. Such as "fluoride suppresses the chakras in your pineal gland" and that sort of thing.

There are some legitimate concerns, but most of those have to do with dosages that are way beyond the ones in tap water. Meanwhile, there is clear evidence of the dental benefits of fluoride.

Did you read the 50 reasons to say no to fluoride (or whatever it was) in one of my posts a few up? I don't see any mentioning of chakras or such crap.. it shows there is a build up of fluoride around the pineal gland after exposure to amounts of fluoride that are in drinking water.. as in.. it builds up after time.. low doses become high amounts after time.

Also.. where are these proven health benefits from fluoridation of drinking water? Why is it that so many people that have devoted their life to the health care sector are coming forward and expressing concerns over the validitiy of such claims?

And.. come on.. Why do the government care so much about tooth decay? There are many other things they could put into drinking water that would give greater health benefits for more important issues.. ?? (Ignoring the fact that surveys done on tooth decay show no difference between fluoridated areas and non-fluoridated areas)

Last edited: