• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids how long will naltrexone block opiates

So this is first hand experience sway has been addicted to opiates for 16 years. He tried to quit using various methods
12 steps meetings
Naltrexone implants
Naltrexone 50 mg pills

Sway took 1 50 mg pill @ 2 pm yesterday and he shooted up 1/4 g of good smack @ 4 pm next day ( 26 hours) felt nothing
He tried again @ 8 pm 1/2 g (30 hours) felt nothing
Tried again @ 2 am (36 hours) felt nothing as well

Sway concluded from previous experience and this day as well that 50 mg of oral naltrexone pill block opiates receptors at least for 49 hours full blocking
And from 48 hrs to 72 hrs u will feel a small buz with no euphoria
After 72 you will feel the full effect
Sway advise don't waste ur money before 72 hrs and instead of shooting up take another pill after 48 hrs and go to the nearest NA 12 step group

I've to note that swim has been trying to quit and sober up for the last 10 years he tried almost every single way possible to stay off all drugs
Swim had 14 implants in his body over the years with different durations ( 3 months/6 months/9 months) it's worth to note that the implants last a much lesser time than expected so for example the 6 months implant last for 4.5 months. During the implant time swim never went to meetings and used other drugs as weed, hash and benzos. The implant and oral naltrexone in swim's opinion just postpone the problem it's a temporary fix not a permanent resolution
Swim also is a chronic 12 step relapser and had on several occasions sobered up for decent times the longest was 11.5 months with the help and support of NA. Swim after all these trials using different methods strongly believe that the most successful way where he felt happy and content is 12 steps program and meetings.
Swim also had been an inpatient in rehabs for long time, the longest was 8 months. Swim strongly believe that rehabs and other institutes r very commercial and not worth the money or time
They could be of help in early recovery post detox for the first month not more.
Swim is now 21 days clean after relapsing and using for one month after being sober for 8 months
Swim is going to 12 steps meeting daily and go to work in one of the Software Giants and workout 5 times a week
Wish swim luck

I have the same question.. I juat started taking it started with 1 mg then 3mg then 12 now 25 mg and its a miracle but out of curiosity i wanted to take 2 60mg oxys and the laat time i took the trox was yesterday morning at. 930am and i didnt touch anythinf n i took the 60s at 230 today so thats about 29hrs... Did i waste it??

I guess u tell us have u felt it? For me 25 mg will block my receptors for 36 hrs

I am on the vivitrol shot and I started using again. 2 weeks after I got it and got high the first time but it was nothing like being without it....now it's been 28 days and I've been using for the past week and getting high. Is anyone in here in flordia??

I've to note that swim has been trying to quit and sober up for the last 10 years he tried almost every single way possible to stay off all drugs
Swim had 14 implants in his body over the years with different durations ( 3 months/6 months/9 months) it's worth to note that the implants last a much lesser time than expected so for example the 6 months implant last for 4.5 months. During the implant time swim never went to meetings and used other drugs as weed, hash and benzos. The implant and oral naltrexone in swim's opinion just postpone the problem it's a temporary fix not a permanent resolution
Swim also is a chronic 12 step relapser and had on several occasions sobered up for decent times the longest was 11.5 months with the help and support of NA. Swim after all these trials using different methods strongly believe that the most successful way where he felt happy and content is 12 steps program and meetings.
Swim also had been an inpatient in rehabs for long time, the longest was 8 months. Swim strongly believe that rehabs and other institutes r very commercial and not worth the money or time
They could be of help in early recovery post detox for the first month not more.
Swim is now 21 days clean after relapsing and using for one month after being sober for 8 months
Swim is going to 12 steps meeting daily and go to work in one of the Software Giants and workout 5 times a week
Wish swim luck

We don't SWIM here. Please read the rules before posting:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/505366-Rules-of-Other-Drugs-We-Don-t-SWIM-HERE!!!

I had my naltrexone implant removed 7 days ago, but i think im still blocked and can barely feel any opiates, please i wanna know when this craap is out of my system, ? And when i can feel full effect of opiates. Please hellp

Heyy please i have a question, i had my naltrexone implant removed 8days ago, and i think this craaap is still in my system, do youu know when its effect is fully gone? And when i can feel opiates again???

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish swim luck
wtf. an implant that lasts 6mos?! no wonder ive heard mention of ppl cutting em out. i take the viv shot and 30 days is already a hell ofa long time for me