• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall xr how many? pls help?

roseblue

Greenlighter
I've been prescribed 5-10mg adderall xr for trouble focusing related to depression - i dont have adhd but extreme difficulty focusing. the doctor said some people react well to amphetamines with depression for energy and focus, i take wellbutrin which helps other symptoms but not lack of energy/focus.

well - ive tried up to 20 mgs and i barely feel anything, im curious, people who take it just to study/get shit done, how high a dose do you take? i have friends whove taken in it college and stayed up super focused for like 36 hours, i would want just a fraction of that effect! i gave some to a friend who wanted it for school and he took 10mgs and said it did wonders, this guy is much bigger than me (im an average sized 27 year old woman - who needs to get through law school finals or else) and he's done A LOT of diff kinds of drugs in the past included ritalin speed etc for recreational use so i imagine he would need an even higher dose than me!

should i try 30mg? im worried about getting palpitations/jittery and not being able to do anything at all, otherwise i would just keep upping it myself - i guess im looking to see if anyone else had experience with adderall only working at upwards of 20mg for studying, like studying in that super-focused way that kids in college buy this stuff off dealers for?

:!

you should be noticing some difference, unless you simply havent waited long enough for it to kick in, being an extended release. When i take adderall xr if i have food in my stomach it diminishes the effect alot, although then i wont eat for 10 hours after that. if you need a more rapid release try opening the capsule, pouring the little balls in shot glass and crush em up.

You aren't feeling a "rush" because you have the time-release version of adderall, all the ones in the capsules with little beads are XR. So what it does is slowly releases the medication through out the day. So if you pop a 30mg XR, you'll get around half now and the rest around four hours later. As opposed to IR (Instant Release) adderall, which dumps everything into your body at once.

You can make your XR's instant release by crushing all the beads into a very fine powder. This is very difficult to do, there are only a few methods that work. Pour 20mg's out of the capsule into a shot glass, the taller and skinner the better, and find a screw driver. So what you want to do is take the back/handle of the screw driver and just mash mash and twist and turn till you have a light orange powdery substance. It may take over 10 minutes to do, those beads are so frustrating. So once you have your powder you can swallow it as is, just down it with lots of water. You can also parachute it. (search google 'parachuting pills')

But please take it slow. PLEASE. Adderall/Amphetamine tolerance grows SUPER fast. Do NOT increase your dosages a lot. Try to stay under 60mg's for the day as long as you can. If you take 30mg's of Adderall on monday (your first time) and then take 60mg's of adderall on tuesday, the effects will be cut in HALF. And so on... So once you start popping 60mg's at once, you'll NEVER be able to take less and feel it, unless you wait like six months in between.

If you using adderall for recreational purposes, do your best to keep at least once a month. If you do it every week or multiple times a week, you'll lose the magic before your 5th time.

Also be very cautious on what you eat. For instance, if you take your dose of adderall in the morning, and then down it with a big glass of orange juice, effects will be greatly diminished. I always try to take mine on an empty stomach, also try taking a couple tums ~30mins before dosing.

My girlfriend is a petite, asian girl who is over a foot shorter than me and weighs a proportionate amount less. I get cranked off 10mg of Adderall XR, while she takes 45mg and is fine. 10mg does nothing for her. I am NOT saying to take 45mg right now, but be aware that - at least from my personal experience - it can vary greatly between person to person.

She has always been an odd breed in that she has to take 3x as much amphetamines to get to a good level as I do. 2x as many opiates. -3x as much alcohol (two beers will do her in), but 3x as much benzos. Always freaks me out when she pops that much more than me, but I think it speaks more to my ultra-low tolerance to substances than her having an especially high tolerance.

My first time with XR's I was so pissed because I couldnt feel shit off 30mg, at all, so I crushed up the balls in another 10mg and snorted them, and about an hour later (strange right?) I started SPEEDING and feeling mega fuckin good lol

Talking to friends for hours, listening to fast music and smoking cigs and just overrall feeling great.

I dont suggest snorting them, but honestly, its really the only way ive been able to get a buzz off XR's to be completely honest....

I get perscribed IR's and they are soooo much better at catching a buzz, and I dont snort them.

Good luck!

You can make your XR's instant release by crushing all the beads into a very fine powder. This is very difficult to do, there are only a few methods that work. Pour 20mg's out of the capsule into a shot glass, the taller and skinner the better, and find a screw driver. So what you want to do is take the back/handle of the screw driver and just mash mash and twist and turn till you have a light orange powdery substance. It may take over 10 minutes to do, those beads are so frustrating. So once you have your powder you can swallow it as is, just down it with lots of water. You can also parachute it. (search google 'parachuting pills')

Im sorry but im going to have to disagree with this, I have been perscribed XR's and IRs many, many times, and have tried crushing them to bits, putting them in water, parachuting, hell even snorting.....Im sorry but it just does NOT bring the same buzz off IR's.

IRs work much better than any crushed up XR any day.

You aren't feeling a "rush" because you have the time-release version of adderall, all the ones in the capsules with little beads are XR. So what it does is slowly releases the medication through out the day. So if you pop a 30mg XR, you'll get around half now and the rest around four hours later. As opposed to IR (Instant Release) adderall, which dumps everything into your body at once.

But please take it slow. PLEASE. Adderall/Amphetamine tolerance grows SUPER fast. Do NOT increase your dosages a lot. Try to stay under 60mg's for the day as long as you can. If you take 30mg's of Adderall on monday (your first time) and then take 60mg's of adderall on tuesday, the effects will be cut in HALF. And so on... So once you start popping 60mg's at once, you'll NEVER be able to take less and feel it, unless you wait like six months in between.

If you using adderall for recreational purposes, do your best to keep at least once a month. If you do it every week or multiple times a week, you'll lose the magic before your 5th time.

Also be very cautious on what you eat. For instance, if you take your dose of adderall in the morning, and then down it with a big glass of orange juice, effects will be greatly diminished. I always try to take mine on an empty stomach, also try taking a couple tums ~30mins before dosing.
youre a noob giving a noob advice...boob

hi all - thanks for the quick replies, im going to try taking 35 mgs and ask my doc to switch back to immediate release.. I guess I was just confused because I've seen people get high off less than that, and I've seen people work and stay up late on less than that.

hi all - thanks for the quick replies, im going to try taking 35 mgs and ask my doc to switch back to immediate release.. I guess I was just confused because I've seen people get high off less than that, and I've seen people work and stay up late on less than that.

me too. i see people saying they go on bingest of 100-200mg for a few days. i do that in one.

You cannot get a rush from Adderall XR. I tried 150mg and NOTHING resembling a rush. But I can take 60mg of Adderall IR and feel a mild rush.

Now I don't recommend those doses to the OP. I think that you should try 30mg and see if that helps your focus. If not then just give up. Don't start taking doses higher than that.