Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Diethyl Ether and Nitrous Oxide - Experienced - Enhancing Nos

Amberthefrog

Bluelighter
Ether and Nitrous ?€“ Nitrous Enhancement

Personal Information: Male. 21. 75 Kg.

I recently acquired a bottle of laboratory grade diethyl ether, H-NMR revealed no organic impurities. I?€™ve tried ether before this, a couple of years ago and found it pleasant ?€“ time for some more detailed trials!

It?€™s a cold, snowy winter?€™s day; I?€™ve just got home from university and want to put my feet up. I open all the windows in my living room, and make sure non of my smoker house mates are in ?€“ there not, which leads me to sprawl out on the living room chair. I unscrew the ether bottle and cautiously smell the sweet solvent twang that drifts forth. Immediately, a light headedness creeps over me, along with a warmth. My limbs become a little heavy and the overall feeling is one of a light, relaxed intoxication. Several further sniffs are taken, intensifying the feeling but not really adding much. No significant cognitive impairment is noticed, the same cannot be said for my motor function ?€“ walking is hard on ether, pretty similar to being drunk. In fact in by and large the whole feeling is similar to being drunk, but with less inebriation and slowing of my mind. A more effective way of taking it involves wetting a cloth with some, and holding it over one?€™s nose. I?€™ve not tried drinking it; I?€™ve no practical way to control such dosing accurately and due to the boiling point of ether being lower than human body temperature, it readily turns to gas within the stomach ?€“ this can cause all types of problems.

In summary it?€™s a pleasant drug, but it looses it?€™s novelty very quickly. It surprises me that the affects it produced seemed very akin to a GABA agonist/positive allosteric modulator, rather than NMDA antagonist type state I expected and hoped for.

An interesting thing I did discover was using it to increase the effects of nitrous oxide. If a deep sniff of ether is taken, a few second prior to inhaling a balloon, then the state produced is entirely one of nitrous intoxication, only intensified and with a slightly greater duration. One nitrous canister felt more like two and lasted maybe 30 seconds longer.
Tagged by White Rose
substancecode_ether
substancecode_inhalants
substancecode_nitrous
substancecode_dissociatives
_combo_
explevel_inexperienced
exptype_positive
roacode_inhaled

Last edited by a moderator: