Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quality of speed in Aus

Dr Doom

Bluelighter
I did a search but couldn't find any info on this. I've never tried speed before (except when mixed into pills) and am contemplating giving it a go, due to the fact that I love dancing, and MDMA just doesn't let me do that.
Is there a lot of "dud" speed going around, like there are dud pills? Is speed in Australia generally of a high concentration/quality? Is there any way to tell if it's the real thing just by looking at it?
Because I'd imagine it'd be much easier to pass off a baggie full of baking powder than a pressed pill. Thanks for any info.

I've found the speed/meth that's in Melbourne to be of a fairly high quality (although I must admit, I can't really compare it to any other cities)..
What to look for:
Speed - Comes either in a paste (good), rock (good) or powder form (cut to shit).. Basically there's no REAL way to tell how good it is going to until you've had it, but here are a few factors to look for:
* Smell - I find good speed (paste) has a really strong chemical smell to it..
* Color - Rock is usually a browny/tanny/off white color. I've had paste varying in color from yellow to pinkish/red.
* Texture - Fresh paste is usually very wet.
Anyway.. that's all I can think of at the moment..
As far as effects go.. I find this to be the case for me:
1/2 Point Regular Quality Speed (taken at 10pm): Able to stay up all night, can dance for most of the night but get tired sometimes.. Can get to sleep for a few hours (4 - 6) at around 8am.
1 Point Regular Quality Speed (10pm): Able to dance all night.. Feel a bit "high" for the first few hours.. Talking my head off.. Don't get tired.. And sometimes can't sleep until the afternoon..
But that's just me.. it affects anyone differently (to an extent)..
Anyway.. hope that helps..
wink.gif

Its not the fact of speed being dud, its how cut the speed is, it could be anything from 1:1 to 1:8, depending on how much of a dickhead the dealer is u buy it off, i think the safest way to test the quality of speed is to taste it, but that only works if u know what speed tastes like, so yeh no help i guess. Why cant u dance off pills tho?

yeh btw im from sydney, i hear sydneys speed it pretty shit quality, compared to brisbane and melbourne

Well, I can dance off pills, but only to some extent. With speedy pills in the past, I was very talkative and was able to go absolutely nuts on the dance floor. MDMA (for my anyway) is uplifting and euphoric and gives me an ear-to-ear grin, but does little to rev me up. I guess my ideal would be a mix of the two.
------------------
Most kittens can withstand impacts of up to 35 mph, but there's no way to
be sure without extensive testing.

from my experiences, if you dry out 'paste' speed enough, you can see the rocks/crystals forming..
try not to buy 'wet' speed.. you dont want to be paying for water, drying out can take away a fair bit of weight..
from reading a bit last night on the synthesis of speed, im guessing pastey speed is just the result of being impatient and not going thru with the crystallisation/drying final step?

So, what would be the ratio of pure meth to cut to create a baggy of good speed?

Speed in Sydney is definately worse than in melbourne. I have friends in melbourne, who regulary travel up here, and vice versa, and trying each others, bought off of many different sources. And time and time again the speed in Sydney is sheeeeaaaaat.
[This message has been edited by SD (edited 19 July 2001).]

a "friend of mine" had some meth to cut over the weekend. this friend had never done this before, so went with 1part meth to 4part glucose. a furken lurvely mix, if I don't say so myself! poifect.

Dude, the best way to tell good speed is from experience. It helps if you've got a buddy who will guide you through the whole thing of this is good speed, bad speed etc etc. I did, so I rarely get dud speed (twice out of God knows how many) so..that's a tuff one my friend, so may the force be with you.
P.S. Melbourne speed = Good
Sydney speed = shyte
Perth Speed = eh... notsobad. (better than sydney, not as good as melb)
Strange that isn't it. you'd think Perth would be the worst!! hehe.
P.P.S. Cant dance on pillz...whaddafuck?
[This message has been edited by blufluffybunny (edited 19 July 2001).]

Yep... good speed is excellent if you want to dance hard all night...
Also, if you still want to take pills, a speed/MDMA combo I always find very nice
smile.gif

BFB, Perth has so much good meth due to all the hoards of bikers trying to make a decent living
smile.gif

Bris speed: awesome
smile.gif
mmmm amphetamines capital of australia.... hehehe
hmm just kind OT but someone else posted about it (hehe nice defense your honour!)
does anyone else usually not even bother trying to dance on pills? could just be me, but i find that i can either move my legs, or move by arms. but can't get my head around moving both at the same time, and in some sort of time to the music.
hehee after this realisation, i usually wander off and sit down for a bit. hehe
HC
Mucho apologious if its too OT mods.

Yo Fry-D. That's exactly right! And I aint complainin!
smile.gif

Speaking of bikers, they are building a house (I should say, fortress) just down the road.. Im a little worried actually. But A good contact for stuff if I could make contact!
And happy camper, I always dance on pills. Sometimes I will stop and sit with my friends and chat for a while, that's always cool, But I love to boogie with friends on pills. Its wicked.
[This message has been edited by blufluffybunny (edited 20 July 2001).]

From my own experience...
Sydney speed is shyte and
Newcastle speed is a contridiction
(cause there is no such thing)
Home-made (chem friend) - good tucker
All it does to me is keep me weightless and chatty...no love, no nothing. Speed is a dodgy alternative to MDMA if you ask me.
------------------
You can kick the monkey all you want...but what do you do when he wakes up?

BfB just go ring the bell on their fortress gate and ask em if there looking for a new 'courier'
wink.gif

I find I love dancin on pills I cant stop Myself but on meth all I want to do is run arround and talk everyones ears off.
Except those damm white dots that was one pill I found myself quite uncoordinated on, ass sitter all the way.

Fry-d.. Im afraid of getting my head blown off.
------------------
Before you give someone a peice of your mind, make sure you can get along with what you have left :)