• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-Meo-dmt HCL

So whats the deal theres so much conflicting information regarding the smoking of the hcl - Would a meth pipe be sufficient ?? dont really have the time or materials to convert it to feebase. I've had this in my stash for a while i believe im now ready to indulge in the beauty what is 5meo dmt.

Also i take 75mg of Amitriptyline (Elavil) a day, with 360mg of Verapamil (both for clusterheadaches) Will this effect the trip at all ??

Smoking the salt seems possible: link

But I'd say it depends on your method of vaporization. Light bulbs, maybe not. A vape device, maybe yes.

Don't wanna post out of turn but to elaborate salting:

- Dissolve the 5-MeO-DMT . HCl in water, preferably distilled water and not a very big volume, but enough to
dissolve all the powder or crystals. 100 ml could be a workable volume but I don't know how much 5-MeO you have
- Add NaOH (sodium hydroxide which is in some drain cleaners... but I wouldn't recommend using that! Try to order it
somewhere or find a specialty shop. Sometimes it's called lye, it may be available in very common stores for some
purpose. You need to add enough to get the acidity to a pH of 11-12 by adding some and testing some times to see
where you are at. There are pH testing papers you can buy.
- Assuming you don't have a separatory funnel, take a jar that is high rather than wide. Your water / 5-MeO solution
should only fill half of it or under.
- Add a non-polar solvent like Coleman Fuel to extract. To do that shake the content of the jar but be careful because
the non-polar solvent builds up pressure, so open the jar in between the shaking. Shake very very well.
- Remove the top layer (which is the coleman fuel. It's all transparent but it floats on top, you can see a line between
the layers. Remove it with something like a turkey baster. I don't know a better alternative.
- Repeat these last 2 steps to extract more out of it. Two times is sort of OK. Three times is definitely better. Four times
not really necessary.
- Put the liquid somewhere when it can evaporate completely, leaving you with freebase 5-MeO. Do not apply heat with
a direct flame because it will catch on fire! Letting air fan over it speeds up the process.

I know this is an old thread but thank you Solipsis for these detailed instructions. Been looking a bit for this and this was the best I could find. Hope you don't mind a few questions?

1. Is there a approximate ration between 5meo and NaOH one can shoot for? Starting out low of course but I wouldn't know how careful to be adding NaOH - so just to have a general idea.

2. You mention 100 ml (distilled) water - what would be good to shoot for with say 1 gr 5meo?

3. Is there a way to check if the NPS is completely gone from the finished product other than it being completely dry?

1) well dimethyltryptammonium (the protonated amine of the tryptamine) is a weak acid, and without knowing the pks (if you don't know what that is no problem) it's not easy to calculate. but if you add naoh until your solution hits ph 12, you are definitely good to go, and overshooting it won't cause problems either.

2) I think for just one gram, 100ml will be more than enough, I guess one gram will easily dissolve in much less.

3) smell is a good indicator to see if the solvent is practically gone, allthough without vacuum purging you will have small traces left which won't be problematic either way.

What is sandwich method?

"The sandwich method involves layering DMT between a herb such a marijuana, an inactive herb, or ash, put into a pipe, bong, or anything else commonly used for smoking. With this method a lighter is used above the bed of herbs, trying not to light it on fire, in order to use the heat to vaporize the DMT between the layers. This method allows for a little room for error in that it will still work fairly well if the herb is lit on fire, but is not know for being particularly efficient."

1) well dimethyltryptammonium (the protonated amine of the tryptamine) is a weak acid, and without knowing the pks (if you don't know what that is no problem) it's not easy to calculate. but if you add naoh until your solution hits ph 12, you are definitely good to go, and overshooting it won't cause problems either.

2) I think for just one gram, 100ml will be more than enough, I guess one gram will easily dissolve in much less.

3) smell is a good indicator to see if the solvent is practically gone, allthough without vacuum purging you will have small traces left which won't be problematic either way.

Thanks Bagseed!
There's a very simple Tek on dmt-nexus - what would be the drawback in that method? It's basically just mixing it up with sodium carbonate:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=30524

This method should work as well, just be aware that sodium carbonate is not the same thing as baking soda (sodium bicarbonate, which is a weaker base).

Applying heat seems unneceassary though, in my opinion. And I would also dissolve the salt first and then basify, seems more sensible. You could imagine parts of the salt becoming encased by freebase and thus not being touched by the base. I wonder if the person checked their yields.

This method should work as well, just be aware that sodium carbonate is not the same thing as baking soda (sodium bicarbonate, which is a weaker base).

Applying heat seems unneceassary though, in my opinion. And I would also dissolve the salt first and then basify, seems more sensible. You could imagine parts of the salt becoming encased by freebase and thus not being touched by the base. I wonder if the person checked their yields.

Yes where I'm from sodium carbonate is just called "Soda". And yes what would it yield... This method is pretty simple though and saves one from messing with a non-polar solvent.

Hi everyone, not sure if i missed it...but any tek on the extraction of MEO from yopo or huambisa(chaliponga)?

Seems this thread has been about purifying it for smoking.

Thanks you so much, i appreciate you

Snorting (can hurt a bit and tends to be milder than smoking), plugging ... and technically oral should also be possible but very wasteful.

Yes most 5-meo-DMT sold in the RC scene in countries which have not scheduled it is made synthetically. Just because it is made synthetically does not mean the product is clean enough to IM.

Bigazznugz: yeah almost always, that's true.

@Prescottdave:

Arguable...

What you definitely don't want is the type of particulate matter that can be found in plant extracts, nor oils or other stuff that has bad solubility. Anything that is likely to sit in your muscle tissue relatively long is bound to irritate the tissue or even promote more serious reactions like from the immune system or abscess although that involves infection, still you really don't want to give nasties a stronghold.

Micron filtering is important regardless of synthetic or natural product, if natural which like I said is ill advised though some people still inject (highly refined) extracted DMT which unlike 5-MeO-DMT is typically not found as synthetic and may also have a higher incidence of being sold as freebase even than 5-MeO-DMT. It would require multiple steps of filtering as not to immediately clog your wheel filter.
Unfortunately those micron wheel filters are not perfect and have a certain tolerance for letting particles through depending on their size, so you don't want to be jamming some dirty product through it.

Depending on how synthetic tryptamines are made, they aren't really that likely to contain the same sort of impurities as natural products. No biochemicals and because of the process of constantly using solutions during synthesis and work-up there really should not be the same kind of insoluble matter or oils in there.
Of course there still might be synthetic impurities in there that you might not want to introduce into your muscle or use parenterally, period. But IMO that is a different story from biochemicals and plant gunk (especially in some orange brown DMT wax etc) which can really make it hard for your body to deal with.

I have IMed both synthetic DMT and 5-MeO-DMT but I deemed both to be of high quality and I filtered everything. If you ask me, the salting and the stoichiometry involved there is more of an issue.

I have also had synthetic 5-MeO-DMT though that I would have never IMed by the appearance (color and texture) alone, on principle.