• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids beads in hydrocodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

pharmaecopia

Bluelighter
ive noticed certain brands of hydrocodone contain beads, for example the 5/325s made by watson and qualatist both contain red beads. i am not a big fan of snorting hydrocodone however I do it from time to time and the beads are difficult to crush and I just wonder if they contain any hydrocodone them selves and what their purpose is. Are they there to deter snorting or are they just a trademark? sorry for the punctuation im typing with a cigarette in my hand.

I don't see the sense in putting beads in a IR forum of a opiate especially one that has APAP in it. The acetaminophen itself is enough of a deterant to stop people from snorting the things. Also hydrocodone works just fine orally and your just plugging up your nose by snorting shit with acetaminophen in it.

So my uneducated guess would be that they arent there to deter snorting since not alot of people would snort vicodin anyway.

watson 3202

http://www.pharmer.org/images/contrib/watson-3202-hydrocodoneacetaminophen-5325

there you go,
to those of you who bitch about people snorting pills that contain APAP fuck you. ever hear of the reward system, sometimes snorting anything will make you feel better and does infact give you more of an instant fix. <snip> Calm yourself down and keep insults to yourself. Snorting APAP containing preparations is, in fact, very unwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
when my husband broke his hand in october that's what he's been getting.. but it was only for the "norco 5/325". the 7.5's and 10's don't have the red dots.

silicon dioxide / croscarmellose sodium / crospovidone / starch, corn / cellulose, microcrystalline / povidone / sucrose / stearic acid / fd&c yellow no. 6

These are the inactive ingredients in that particular tablet. The silicon dioxide is yet another reason not to snort these.

I have never seen these pills before and I have taken quite a few different hydrocodones. But I googled and there are all types of information on them. That google, he's amazing.

I used to get 7.5 hydros with blue beads in them for a long time as well.

I have only ran into the red speckled hydros once or twice -- both times they were from Rite Aid, but they didn't seem to feel any different.

It's something in the filler, just a trademark for the pharm company that made it.

Seriously people, you know better than this. Don't snort your Vicodin/Norcos/Lorabs/Percs etc.

CWE it, or fucking eat it.

watson 3202

http://www.pharmer.org/images/contrib/watson-3202-hydrocodoneacetaminophen-5325

there you go,
to those of you who bitch about people snorting pills that contain APAP fuck you. ever hear of the reward system, sometimes snorting anything will make you feel better and does infact give you more of an instant fix. <snip> Calm yourself down and keep insults to yourself. Snorting APAP containing preparations is, in fact, very unwise.

I'm well versed in how the 'reward system' works (aka how dopamine is transported via the mesolimbic pathway between the Ventral Tegmental Area (VTA) and Nucleus Accumbens (NAcc)) and I still think snorting pills with hydrocodone is disadvantageous.

1.) You are going to clog your nose with the APAP and inactives and in a pill that has 5-10mg of hydrocodone, literally over 99% of the pill is inactive for your purposes so...
2.) with only a TINY amount of the drug containing what you want, little is going to make it to the mucous membranes.
3.) The rest is going to either drip down and have the same effect as consuming it orally or get stuck in your nose for a while and effectively be wasted.
4.) Hydrocodone has a very high oral bioavailability so you don't gain anything from insufflation.

I suspect the reason you enjoy it is because of either classical conditioning from snorting substances that are advantages to snort or a placebo effect.

People aren't trying to be dicks but give you sound advice on not wasting your drugs. No need to lash out.

Ive seen those "red things" in my watson pills many times but I never thought they looked like "beads". They just looked like more pill matter to me that just happened to be red.

Allthough, maybe they are beads and I just never realized this because I never crushed my hydrocodone pills up to snort them. Maybe if I had crushed the pills, I would have seen the "red things" were actually beads. I dont know. But I do know that snorting vicodin is in general a bad idea. Cane explained it pretty well. One pill is enought to clog both your nostrils. Anyway, im not gonna go down that path anymore, ill leave it at that.

I'm going to go ahead and close this as it seems to have ran its course.

OP, don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.