Best song of 2010 - Nominations Thread

MDMAhead

Bluelighter
Well seeing as no one's yet started this thread, and we're already well into December, I think it's about time we began our quest to find the best electronic track of 2010!!!

I'll copy the rules from last year's thread:

1 - Each person can nominate up to 7 songs

2 - Songs must have been released in 2010 (check Discogs if you want to see when a song was released)

3 - Songs must be electronic (i.e. they must contain a synthesiser at some point in the song)

4 - In order for a song to go through to the final poll, it must be nominated by at least 2 people

5 - THIS NOMINATIONS THREAD WILL CLOSE ON DECEMBER 20TH, after which we will have a list of songs which will comprise the final poll (a separate thread will then be created, allowing people to vote for one of these songs)

6 - If you want to change one (or more) of your nominations, you may do so at any point up to December 20th.

7 - Each person must include at least 6 Underworld tracks in their nominations =D =D =D

Songs that will go forward into the final poll

Samuel L Session - Inner City Dust Part 2 (nominated by MDMAhead and levictus)

Nero - Innocence (nominated by ChemicalSmiles and levictus)

Gold Panda - You (nominated by 33Hz and Thizzerfershizzer)

Skrillex - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites (nominated by ChemicalSmiles and Tina Dopemau5)

Caribou - Kaili (nominated by Mysterie and jpgrdnr)

Silent Servant - Untitled (nominated by MDMAhead and marsmellow)

Four Tet - Plastic People (nominated by 33Hz and marsmellow)

Underworld & High Contrast - Scribble (nominated by mav3rick and MgmtBlue)

Goasia - Transonic Fields (nominated by Black and StarOceanHouse)

DJ Sprinkles - Masturjakor (nominated by marsmellow and JoeTheStoner)

Bonobo - Kiara (nominated by Thizzerfershizzer and jpgrdnr)

Justin Martin - Robot Romance (nominated by levictus and StarOceanHouse)

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
NICE mdmahead... but I get so mixed up if the songs I love came out in 09 or 2010... it seemed that all the bangers from 09' carried over to 2010 and are still getting rocked hard. 2009 was a really good year for electronic dance music in my opinion... actually the best year since I was a bad ass little junglist and was listening to Teebee and Dieselboy mix jungle in ware houses. DAMN 00 01' and 02' were DAMN good years for jungle.

Gimme some time.. damn this is going to be hard.

ok im gonna link and post to youtube... and btw everyone try to use soundcloud or youtube when linking your top songs of the year... I will keep updating my post until I finish...

Ok... a lot of my favorite tracks from this year are remixes... but damn not only were the originals amazing, the remixes are even more EPIC. BTW this is NOT in any order, that would be way too hard. I just updated my picks, I totally forgot about 2 songs that came out this year... sorry.

Nero - Innocence ALMOST MISSED THIS ONE! ADD IT TO THE NOMINATIONS!
Lazy Rich - Discofukkr (Lucky Date Remix) Absolutely brilliant tune.. 2 years ago NO one knew who lucky date was... now hes booked everywhere. He's out of chicago and I consider him the king of remixes as well as Midnight Conspiracy who also happens to be out of Chi-town (my old stomping grounds) which leads me TO.
Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (Afrojack Ducky Mix) I would say the original.... but it came out in late 08 early 09'
Esser - Headlock (Midnight Conspiracy Remix) AMAZING remix by these guys. I think gram Geren does all the productions, they cosnist of 3 people total. They are booked constantly now and maintain a residency in chicago weekly when not on the road. The orignal song was ntohing special but they made something magical out of this, I can't believe I almsot forgot about this track.[/url]
Bassnectar - Boombox (Datsik Remix) the original was better... but I fucking busted a move every time this was dropped this year!
DJ fresh - Gold Dust (Flux Pavillion Remix) Everyone always stops doing whatever they were doing... buying a drink, hitting on a girl, whatever.. when this gets dropped in my city. people go WILD.. including me, when Mimosa played this I went INSANE! When the DJ stops dancing and points at you and smiles you know your dancing hard! Oh yeah when bassnectar dropped this in october while I was tripping I thought it would be a good idea to try to get on stage and crowd surf... they stopped me ! :(
SKRILLEX - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites hahaha, deadmau5 was quite the smart businessman signing Skrillex to mau5trap records... Skrillex is MILES ahead of deadmau5 as a DJ and producer imo. This song is fucking epic, the only track ive heard a rewind of this year (no one does rewinds anymore, wtf?) I don't like half of skrillex's material but he got this one SO right... I wonder where he is headed, but I see VERY big things in his future. hes young as fuck too.... he made it at the perfect time.

Last edited:
I was a bad ass little junglist and was listening to Teebee and Dieselboy mix jungle in ware houses. DAMN 00 01' and 02' were DAMN good years for jungle

CS, you should check out the last page of the Deep thread - 'DOB' has just posted an absolutely phenomenal TeeBee track from 2001 - 'Silent Depths'. If you know of any other tunes from that period along those same lines, don't hesitate to post them!!!

not to get off topic... but my favorite jungle mixes of all time was teebee's red mix tape i think its called... I think I lost it when I lost all my music... but I have it on an mp3 player yeah!

I can think of many songs from that time period I absolutely LOVE and tbh would probably still be a full blown junglist but dubstep took over and all the good producers switched over essentially... cause if you spin dnb in my town its hard to get a damn gig. The only problem is... I did a lot of ecstasy between 00' and 04' so my memory is hazey... if I think of any I will PM you asap. checking out the track you suggested now.. and wheres your list MDMAhead?

Lol thnks MDMAhead, ive been way too lazy as of late. I'll get my nominations out sometime soon :)

We have our first entry into the final poll! - Samuel L Session - Inner City Dust Part 2

As with last year's thread, I'm gonna list all tracks that get seconded (i.e. tracks that will go forward into the final poll). This list will be at the top of this thread (in the original post, under the thread rules).

1. Heist - Mothership
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpqGIcbEVto

2. Camo & Krooked - History Of The Future
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn4nI80GoqY

3. Tantrum Desire - Just Cant Wait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u64O0BJKMM

4. Camo & Krooked - Tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOCGN3Ke6nc

5. Camo & Krooked - Cant Get Enough
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewDP0XnKxio

6. Delta Heavy - Space Time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MrOX4qnguo

7. Nero - Electron
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62YFTdV8i_o

Last edited:
NICE mdmahead... but I get so mixed up if the songs I love came out in 09 or 2010... it seemed that all the bangers from 09' carried over to 2010 and are still getting rocked hard. 2009 was a really good year for electronic dance music in my opinion... actually the best year since I was a bad ass little junglist and was listening to Teebee and Dieselboy mix jungle in ware houses. DAMN 00 01' and 02' were DAMN good years for jungle.

Gimme some time.. damn this is going to be hard.

ok im gonna link and post to youtube... and btw everyone try to use soundcloud or youtube when linking your top songs of the year... I will keep updating my post until I finish...

Ok... a lot of my favorite tracks from this year are remixes... but damn not only were the originals amazing, the remixes are even more EPIC. BTW this is NOT in any order, that would be way too hard.

Imogen Heap - Hide and seek (Afrojack remix) (One of my FAVORITE songs... remixed by one of my FAVORITE producers.)
Duck Sauce - Barbra Streisand (Afrojack Ducky Mix) I would say the original.... but it came out in late 08 early 09'
Afrojack-(Kickstart Remix) yes I am an afrojack freak. same with fedde le grand
Bassnectar - Boombox (Datsik Remix) the original was better... but I fucking busted a move every time this was dropped this year!
DJ fresh - Gold Dust (Flux Pavillion Remix) Everyone always stops doing whatever they were doing... buying a drink, hitting on a girl, whatever.. when this gets dropped in my city. people go WILD.. including me, when Mimosa played this I went INSANE! When the DJ stops dancing and points at you and smiles you know your dancing hard! Oh yeah when bassnectar dropped this in october while I was tripping I thought it would be a good idea to try to get on stage and crowd surf... they stopped me ! :(
SKRILLEX - Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites hahaha, deadmau5 was quite the smart businessman signing Skrillex to mau5trap records... Skrillex is MILES ahead of deadmau5 as a DJ and producer imo. This song is fucking epic, the only track ive heard a rewind of this year (no one does rewinds anymore, wtf?) I don't like half of skrillex's material but he got this one SO right... I wonder where he is headed, but I see VERY big things in his future. hes young as fuck too.... he made it at the perfect time.

If you like that Skrillex dubstep.... I wonder how you describe this then :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjbW6VtBEo4

its Noisia remix

1. Underworld - Always Loved A Film
2. Chase & Status - End Credits
3. Miami Horror - Moon Theory
4. Groove Armada - Time & Space
5. Underworld - Scribble
6. The Chemical Brothers - Swoon [Boys Noize Summer Remix]
7. Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars

:D