Best song of 2010 - Nominations Thread

Thizzer/CS - I think you should close this thread at 11:59pm (California time) on December 20th. In other words, I think you should give people the whole of December 20th to get their nominations in.

As things stand, we have 7 tracks going forward to the final poll, which is enough (although I'd say the ideal number would be around 10).

Why not leave it open till 1st january? And decide the best song when the year is actually over?

Im fine having this extended to the 25th and then having voting end on the 1st, since this was started late this year.

I'm tempted to say that we should extend the deadline for nominations, just because at the moment there are lots of genres that aren't represented in the final poll. I think maybe we should wait 24 hours, and assess the situation then - certainly if there have been no more tracks added to the final poll, we should extend the deadline.

I must say I'm surprised at the lack of psytrance nominations. I thought most people on here loved that stuff!!!!

Ill 2nd bonobo black sands don't really know which track though.

I'd also like to vote for Underworld - Scribble. My favorite song of the year.

Thizzer/CS - I'd be happy to close this thread today (at 23:59 California time, i.e. about 16 hours from now). We already have 10 tracks in the final poll, and I'm pretty sure jpgrdnr is gonna second Bonobo - Kiara, which will make it 11. We now have most genres represented in the final poll.

When we have the final poll, we want to encourage people from all sections of Bluelight to vote in it. We also want to encourage people to give all of the tracks a listen before they vote. But if we have too many tracks in the final poll, they simply wont bother.

Also, if we have too many tracks in the final poll, we'll end up with lots of tracks that get 0 votes, which would suck :(

So yeah, as much as I'd like to see more of my nominations make it through to the final poll (I only have 2 so far), I personally think that people should have another 16 hours from now to make their nominations, and then you should close the thread. What do you guys reckon?

As far as I can see, there's only been 1 Bonobo track nominated so far (Kiara, nominated by Thizzerfershizzer). Do you want to second it?

Ya ill 2nd kiara. The whole album is great. Seems on the same page as massive attacks latest which I should check out.

Since we havent had that much of a boom since the cut off date was extended, im fine going back to the way it was - ending tonight at midnight.